Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Launchpad X firmware 2.0

2»

Comments

• @Gravitas said:
    Okay in regards double notes when recording?

After the firmware update midi notes are also sent via the DAW midi channel
    as well as the “normal” channel so switch off the “LP X DAW output” when recording
    or set the midi input to “LP X midi output” rather than “Any” midi device depending upon your setup.

That sounds like a bug. It might be worth reporting it to Novation support,

• @espiegel123 said:

@Gravitas said:
    Okay in regards double notes when recording?

as well as the “normal” channel so switch off the “LP X DAW output” when recording
    or set the midi input to “LP X midi output” rather than “Any” midi device depending upon your setup.

That sounds like a bug. It might be worth reporting it to Novation support,

Good suggestion.

• @Gravitas said:
    Okay in regards to double notes when recording?

I wonder if this is what caused my WIDI UHost to magically start working with the LPX, see my post a little earlier in the thread.

• @MisplacedDevelopment said:

@Gravitas said:
    Okay in regards to double notes when recording?

I wonder if this is what caused my WIDI UHost to magically start working with the LPX, see my post a little earlier in the thread.

I saw that post and I agree that may actually be the reason why it does work now.

• edited July 2022

@Gravitas said:
    A quick question.

Is anyone else having double notes when recording using LP X Note mode?

I’ve tested this now in both Cubasis 3 and dRambo.

@Gravitas
    Silly question, but are those notes overlapping with anything you have setup in your session mode setup? I.E. that channel/note/whatever routed back to the DAW port?
    (i did this myself and pulled my hair out for a few hours before i found my dunce cap)

Edit: well shit...theres a whole other page to this thread i didnt read, lol

/me goes and finds his dunce cap again

• Speaking of the new firmware. In another thread, someone posted the LPX now takes over the onscreen keyboard. Has that issue been resolved?

• @AlmostAnonymous said:
    Speaking of the new firmware. In another thread, someone posted the LPX now takes over the onscreen keyboard. Has that issue been resolved?

the onscreen keyboard is available, but the os thinks a hardware keyboard is available. this hasn't changed.

• @espiegel123 said:

@AlmostAnonymous said:
    Speaking of the new firmware. In another thread, someone posted the LPX now takes over the onscreen keyboard. Has that issue been resolved?

the onscreen keyboard is available, but the os thinks a hardware keyboard is available. this hasn't changed.

The way to stop it from showing the keyboard widget
    is by switching to a custom mode.
    The widget only shows when the LP X is in Note mode.

• @Gravitas said:

@espiegel123 said:

@AlmostAnonymous said:

Thanks. I hadn't figured that out yet

• @espiegel123 said:

@Gravitas said:

@espiegel123 said:

@AlmostAnonymous said:

No worries, I've only just figured it out myself.

• @espiegel123 said:

@AlmostAnonymous said:

so its still that extra tap to pull up the onscreen keyboard as it is minimized by default w/ external keyboards?

• @Gravitas said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Gravitas said:

@espiegel123 said:

@AlmostAnonymous said:

No worries, I've only just figured it out myself.

Huge edit.

It doesn't work all the time.

I'm going to get in touch with Novation.