Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Launchpad X firmware 2.0

«1

Comments

  • Good to see they are continuing to update these devices. Can anyone give a layman’s description of what the new firmware brings? I couldn’t find any more detail on what a “Custom Mode keystroke widget” is. I guess if I install the new software then all would become clear.

  • @MisplacedDevelopment said:
    Good to see they are continuing to update these devices. Can anyone give a layman’s description of what the new firmware brings? I couldn’t find any more detail on what a “Custom Mode keystroke widget” is. I guess if I install the new software then all would become clear.

    One big thing is 8 custom layouts rather than 4.

  • @espiegel123 said:

    @MisplacedDevelopment said:
    Good to see they are continuing to update these devices. Can anyone give a layman’s description of what the new firmware brings? I couldn’t find any more detail on what a “Custom Mode keystroke widget” is. I guess if I install the new software then all would become clear.

    One big thing is 8 custom layouts rather than 4.

    Agreed.

    What else is new with this update?

  • @Gravitas said:

    @espiegel123 said:

    @MisplacedDevelopment said:
    Good to see they are continuing to update these devices. Can anyone give a layman’s description of what the new firmware brings? I couldn’t find any more detail on what a “Custom Mode keystroke widget” is. I guess if I install the new software then all would become clear.

    One big thing is 8 custom layouts rather than 4.

    Agreed.

    What else is new with this update?

    Components has a new widget that maps a computer key to a launchpad pad. It looks like a feature maybe mostly useful to desktop users?

  • @espiegel123 said:

    @Gravitas said:

    @espiegel123 said:

    @MisplacedDevelopment said:
    Good to see they are continuing to update these devices. Can anyone give a layman’s description of what the new firmware brings? I couldn’t find any more detail on what a “Custom Mode keystroke widget” is. I guess if I install the new software then all would become clear.

    One big thing is 8 custom layouts rather than 4.

    Agreed.

    What else is new with this update?

    Components has a new widget that maps a computer key to a launchpad pad. It looks like a feature maybe mostly useful to desktop users?

    I don’t have a desktop so that’s not for me.
    Saying that I’m now tempted to get another LP X.

  • 8 modes is sure better than 4. It will sure put me on pause from selling it….again!!! 😂

  • @Gravitas said:

    @espiegel123 said:

    @Gravitas said:

    @espiegel123 said:

    @MisplacedDevelopment said:
    Good to see they are continuing to update these devices. Can anyone give a layman’s description of what the new firmware brings? I couldn’t find any more detail on what a “Custom Mode keystroke widget” is. I guess if I install the new software then all would become clear.

    One big thing is 8 custom layouts rather than 4.

    Agreed.

    What else is new with this update?

    Components has a new widget that maps a computer key to a launchpad pad. It looks like a feature maybe mostly useful to desktop users?

    I don’t have a desktop so that’s not for me.
    Saying that I’m now tempted to get another LP X.

    There are a fair few i(Pad)OSapps that support keyboard shortcuts so you might be surprised how useful you find it.

    MTS doesn’t support MIDI mapping beyond sending MIDI to armed instrument tracks, but it has an excellent keyboard implementation for transport, editing, and UI navigation. GarageBand also has some helpful controls that aren’t available via MIDI, and there are others I remember reading about but haven’t personally used.

    Not a reason to buy the controller in and of itself, but certainly a nice perk!

  • @espiegel123 said:

    @Gravitas said:

    @espiegel123 said:

    @MisplacedDevelopment said:
    Good to see they are continuing to update these devices. Can anyone give a layman’s description of what the new firmware brings? I couldn’t find any more detail on what a “Custom Mode keystroke widget” is. I guess if I install the new software then all would become clear.

    One big thing is 8 custom layouts rather than 4.

    Agreed.

    What else is new with this update?

    Components has a new widget that maps a computer key to a launchpad pad. It looks like a feature maybe mostly useful to desktop users?

    nice. i use a mini as a macro launcher on windows with midi2key. maybe dont need this anymore...
    if it can do 2 keys (like command+tab), it will make it nice to switch between standalone/iaa audio apps w/o another keyboard

  • Drambo supports regular keyboard mappings, going to try this later, might be super handy.

  • @espiegel123 said:

    @MisplacedDevelopment said:
    Good to see they are continuing to update these devices. Can anyone give a layman’s description of what the new firmware brings? I couldn’t find any more detail on what a “Custom Mode keystroke widget” is. I guess if I install the new software then all would become clear.

    One big thing is 8 custom layouts rather than 4.

    Thanks, that could be useful.

    @jrjulius said:

    MTS doesn’t support MIDI mapping beyond sending MIDI to armed instrument tracks, but it has an excellent keyboard implementation for transport, editing, and UI navigation.

    Ah yes, now that would certainly be a good reason for me to install this new firmware. As you say, MTS has a good selection of shortcuts which could work well with this, assuming the new feature works as expected with iOS.

    I bought the WIDI uhost to connect to my LPX only to find out it didn’t work for what I needed as the WIDI only transmits the first MIDI port it finds, which is the DAW port on the LPX. I hope one day an update to either the Uhost or the LPX will allow the order of ports to be switched/selected. I will check to see if anything has changed in this regard when I do the update.

  • @supadom said:
    8 modes is sure better than 4. It will sure put me on pause from selling it….again!!! 😂

    You're hilarious.
    😂

    @jrjulius
    Yeah, it is a nice perk.
    I'm getting another one.

    @AlmostAnonymous said:

    if it can do 2 keys (like command+tab), it will make it nice to switch between standalone/iaa audio apps w/o another keyboard

    Good point.

  • I wish they would add sequencing!

  • Good find @ExAsperis99 I didn’t get an email or anything so I’d have never known seeing as how I don’t use Components much now that there’s an iOS app for that.

  • @gkillmaster said:
    I wish they would add sequencing!

    I’ve sorted that out actually.
    I’ve already got a 32 step sequencer working nicely (several variations actually)

    I’ve been focused on turning the LC XL into a 16 step sequencer per midi channel
    as well with adjustable pitch, velocity and gate length per step.

    From what I’ve learnt doing that I’m about to add some stuff to the LP X project.
    Yes, in dRambo.

  • @gkillmaster

    You could also try this from @ZhouJing by mapping the LP X to it.

    https://patchstorage.com/m1sha/

  • @Gravitas said:

    @gkillmaster said:
    I wish they would add sequencing!

    I’ve sorted that out actually.
    I’ve already got a 32 step sequencer working nicely (several variations actually)

    I’ve been focused on turning the LC XL into a 16 step sequencer per midi channel
    as well with adjustable pitch, velocity and gate length per step.

    From what I’ve learnt doing that I’m about to add some stuff to the LP X project.
    Yes, in dRambo.

    How did you do it?

  • @Gravitas said:
    @gkillmaster

    You could also try this from @ZhouJing by mapping the LP X to it.

    https://patchstorage.com/m1sha/

    o Wow! This is great. So glad to know about this. I didn't realize it was there. Thank you!

  • @gkillmaster said:

    @Gravitas said:
    @gkillmaster

    You could also try this from @ZhouJing by mapping the LP X to it.

    https://patchstorage.com/m1sha/

    o Wow! This is great. So glad to know about this. I didn't realize it was there. Thank you!

    You're welcome.

  • edited June 29

    Every time someone here refers to "Launchpad" this is the only thing that springs to mind:

  • @NeuM said:
    Every time someone here refers to "Launchpad" this is the only thing that springs to mind:

    I dont know a single person that uses that launchpad (myself included) and even I think of that 1st when reading thread titles.

  • Glad to hear the older model LPs are getting firmware to bring them closer to what the MK3 can do.

  • @AlmostAnonymous said:

    @NeuM said:
    Every time someone here refers to "Launchpad" this is the only thing that springs to mind:

    I dont know a single person that uses that launchpad (myself included) and even I think of that 1st when reading thread titles.

    Ha! I don't use it either, but it is always top of mind.

  • edited June 29

    I’m happy to see 4 new custom modes, it seemed very much like an arbitrary differentiator between the X and the Mk3 Pro. I’m not sure that I’d describe it as worthy of a 2.0 upgrade though.

    Love to see that they’re still supporting new features, but Live, Logic and Bitwig all have excellent options for LPX support on desktop as it is. As for iOS, it can’t be used to update the firmware.

    As my venerable Mac Mini is on the fritz atm, I’m looking forward to seeing what y’all can do with the new features.

    I am still hoping they’ll add the sequencer at some point. :)

  • I just received the email from Novation announcing the update.

  • This and the recent Quneo MPE update have me happily camping.

  • The LP Pro Mk3 doesn’t have the feature that lets you map keyboard shortcuts to a pad, right?

  • Installed the new firmware update this morning and I can confirm that the Components desktop software allows you to assign combinations of keyboard keys to LPX keys. I tested adding Tab and SHIFT + Tab to move between tracks in MTS and this worked (https://www.multitrackstudio.com/ipad_manual.php#mouse). You can only assign one key or key combination per LPX key, not a sequence of keys.

    The other thing I tested was whether my WIDI Uhost now worked with the LPX, and it did. I have updated the thread I made earlier in the year with the details here https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/49614/using-launchpad-x-with-widi-uhost

  • A quick question.

    Is anyone else having double notes when recording using LP X Note mode?

    I’ve tested this now in both Cubasis 3 and dRambo.

  • WOWnderful (Just Seen - late)

Sign In or Register to comment.