Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beatmaker 2 Piano Quintet

2»

Comments

• Thats very good, lovely use of the sounds, really great strings

• Thanks Doug :)

• You've set the bar pretty high for yourself @DarbyA. Get back to work :)

• Lol. I'm not THAT bad am I? Sure, the string sounds are a little hard in places, but the composition and mood are excellent and I don't think the strings detract from that. I'm quite critical when comparing sounds as sounds, but when the music's good, I'll make a lot of allowances.

• @PaulB has had his last post up for over an hour and no one has taken a shot yet?? ;-)

• Gorgeous.

• Haha :) The comment was written with lots of tongue in cheek @PaulB. I actually opened the project meaning to fix up the strings but laziness in hot weather won the day and I posted it to this forum instead. I really appreciate the feedback and think that you're all just being nice now haha.

Thank you @philowerx! @JG thanks again :) This forum is the best ever.

• Hey this is amazing! I really enjoyed it. I studied and perform classical music, so this was right up my alley. Regarding your samples, that piano is great! I found a free sample pack from a University that sampled a Yamaha grand, three layers. You've inspired me to map that up to BM2. I'm proper terrified of the process...

• edited July 2014

Thanks @duck_waddle! Imagine if Bach had had this, it might have resulted in tragedy haha. Some things are best on real instruments but when that's not an option, iOS is at very least a comfort. I'd love to hear what you come up with!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • !!Please internet guitar lessons @Flo26!! Thank you @serosin :)

• @DarbyA - thanks to this terrific track, I took it upon myself to program a huge sample library into BM2! I found a free library of a stereo sampled Yamaha Grand, with five velocity layers (so far I've only programmed three). Anyways, I just tested out the finished product, and stumbled on a HUGE glitch with the sustain pedal! It releases notes I still have held down on the keyboard. Did you run into this?

Also, when you programmed the piano mappings, did you do one key per sample? I'm thinking I could have gotten away with a little less, maybe three or four keys per sample?

• Wow, I thought everyone was just being nice too. Nope! Great stuff.

"I liked the hesitant character of the piano arrangement" @paulb

Me too. Never would have thought to call it that but that's exactly it.

• @duck_waddle said:

@DarbyA - thanks to this terrific track, I took it upon myself to program a huge sample library into BM2! I found a free library of a stereo sampled Yamaha Grand, with five velocity layers (so far I've only programmed three). Anyways, I just tested out the finished product, and stumbled on a HUGE glitch with the sustain pedal! It releases notes I still have held down on the keyboard. Did you run into this?

Also, when you programmed the piano mappings, did you do one key per sample? I'm thinking I could have gotten away with a little less, maybe three or four keys per sample?

Hey @d_w :) Sorry but I haven't stumbled into this problem yet. An idea might be to mark each sample (I know there are a lot, sorry) in the keyboard sampler as 1-shot. Now save this instrument as a 1-shot piano. It will be a watery mess when you record but it might be a better solution for recording. After the recording you can replace the instrument with your "hold piano" and either adjust/resize the midi key data or the sustain pedal or both.

I only do three layers maximum. The piano in this recording is 1 layer :) All that I altered really was key velocity. And my standardized method of doing a BM2 instrument is to only use samples for C, D#, F, G, and A# but the appropriate amount will be up to you and your ear. Really excited that you're getting into this and hope to hear a recording somewhere down the road :)

• Thanks @syrupcore. Sorry if I was heavy-handed in regard to iMPCP. Obviously many people are rocking out with it and that is awesome :)