Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beatmaker 2 Piano Quintet

edited July 2014 in Creations

Here's a cup of tea that may not be everyone's. Beatmaker 2 with sampled instruments on iPad 2. Effects courtesy of Audiobus :)

Comments

• That's quite lovely. Well done.

• Thanks telecharge :)

• Nice and soothing piece @DarbyA.

• Thanks very much @funjunkie27! I'm a huge fan of your different drummer jams :)

• A short story.

• About the trials of audiobus in a world of inter app audio

• Beautiful @DarbyA. Thanks for sharing :-D

• Aw thanks man :) Really nice of you to say

• I did hear some pride in there and regret. But also the promise of triumph!

• Haha. Yeah I started doing it January when my good friend was comatose in the hospital hooked up to a ventilator. She was able to get off of it in the nick of time but probably lends to a tinge or so of sadness. Thanks a lot for listening guys

• Thanks for that @DarbyA!

• Very nice, loved the strings!

• Thanks @Ripper! They took forever and still a work in progress :)

• edited July 2014

good stuff sir!

• I'm feeling lucky is awesome @dredakyst! Thanks!

• That was jaw dropping-ly beautiful...To date, THE most gorgeous instrumental piece I have heard in iOS! WOW!

• :D Thank you @CrispyCritter. Isn't it amazing what fits into our pockets nowadays? Thank you very much for the kind words.

• thanks @DarbyA... :-) I agree with @CrispyCritter it is a very beautiful piece...

I haven't played with BM2 to that extent... did you load the samples or record into it...

there are so many options these days with the iOS... not enough time...not enough time... :-D

• A wonderful piece that is my cup of tea! Bravo!

• edited July 2014

Thanks again @dredakyst. The samplers in BM2 are surprisingly functional but don't seem to get much attention. They do require a time investment to set up but I've found the reward to be well worthwhile. All instruments from this tune I've programmed into BM2 with samples that I've acquired over the years, some were purchased more than ten years ago when libraries were much more expensive, some came free with a keyboard that I purchased. With disk-streaming enabled on all of the wav files I can have a lot (4-5 on iPad 2) of instruments loaded simultaneously which helps in writing.

BM2 is really a gem. I see it compared a lot to drum machines but its functionality really goes a long way beyond that.

• I have BM2 but haven't given it enough attention. I know it has a number of strengths. Your piece certainly makes me want to take a closer look. It sounds like samples are a big part of it....aside from being fluid on the keys, of course!

• edited July 2014

I'm afraid samples are a big part of the end result. I started writing it in a hospital emergency room on my iPhone using BS-16 and the sonatina soundfont which didn't sound bad but lacked some luster. The good news is that samples are so much cheaper now.

• And thanks so much, I really expected the music to sink to page 2 immediately haha. I won't post again for a while but really the kindness means a lot. Much thanks.

• edited July 2014

Very nice composition! :-)
    Where are the samples from?

• Very nice. I liked the hesitant character of the piano arrangement and the harmonies were lovely.

• Very beautiful! Real musicianship and I love the ebb and flow of the piece.

• @Nu2moro: thanks! The piano is a Boesendorfer from a discontinued series by Native Instruments and the strings mostly come from an old version of symphonic orchestra. What $150 US gets you these days once cost me a student loan :)

@PaulB: I was worried about what you would think haha. The strings are awful in places. Thank you!

@PhilW: Thank you very much for saying so! (PS much of it is NOT real musicianship but rather programmed midi shhhhh ;) )

• Hauntingly beautiful. Moving, yet wonderfully calming. A real pleasure to listen to. Thank you, @DarbyA and well done!

• Thank you @Washboy! Really unexpected and I'm moved. Thanks for letting me hang out with you guys