Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ongaku, new West Coast generative synth by Giorgio Sancristoforo

2»

Comments

• Can anyone tell me how to record for longer than 2 mins in Ongaku.
    Have watched the youtube walkthrough, and in it Giorgio briefly explains how to operate the tape recorder, but doesn't mention this strange behavior...
    Yes, I HAVE changed the "tape length" from 120 secs to 500, then 1200, and on and on.
    Every time I jam I end up with a file that's 18 minutes long , but only 2 mins of audio.
    It is doing my head in!

• Giorgio replied. Sorted now

• @Kashi said:
    Giorgio replied. Sorted now

What was the issue?

• @Philandering_Bastard said:

@Kashi said:

What was the issue?

See my post above :)

• @Kashi said:

@Philandering_Bastard said:

@Kashi said:

What was the issue?

“ Giorgio replied. Sorted now”

That’s all I see, hence the question.

@Kashi said:

@Kashi said:

What was the issue?

I'm interested in the answer too.

@Kashi said:

@Kashi said:

What was the issue?

Sorry - thought you meant what was the original issue....I see now you mean what was the solution (I'm not being pedantic, just misinterpreted your comment) :)
    Anyway, the answer is to press "erase", and then select the number of seconds that you want the tape length to be.
    Also, worth knowing, the number of seconds you select will be the length of the recording, regardless how long you play for. So if I select 360 seconds as the tape length, but I stop jamming after 4 minutes, I will have an audio file that's 6 minutes long with 2 mins of silence at the end.

• @Kashi said:

@Kashi said:

@Kashi said:

What was the issue?

Sorry - thought you meant what was the original issue....I see now you mean what was the solution (I'm not being pedantic, just misinterpreted your comment) :)
    Anyway, the answer is to press "erase", and then select the number of seconds that you want the tape length to be.
    Also, worth knowing, the number of seconds you select will be the length of the recording, regardless how long you play for. So if I select 360 seconds as the tape length, but I stop jamming after 4 minutes, I will have an audio file that's 6 minutes long with 2 mins of silence at the end.

Thank you. Like a tape recorder without a stop button. I think wax cylinders worked that way.

@Kashi said:

@Kashi said:

@Kashi said:

What was the issue?

Thank you. Like a tape recorder without a stop button. I think wax cylinders worked that way.

Precisely

• I downloaded the demo. The Ongaku window is not resizable and will not maximize. I had to take my resolution down to 1400x900 to be able to see the entire window. Not good.

The exported audio files won't open in Windows media player. No idea why. Am I using the recorder wrong? I hit record, then stop, then export.