Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OP-1 feature discussion thread (no $ talk, please!)

124»

Comments

• Please keep this thread for OP-1 Field talk only. Come on. It’s not that hard to start a thread for that desk.

• @mistercharlie said:
    Please keep this thread for OP-1 Field talk only. Come on. It’s not that hard to start a thread for that desk.

People go "off topic" in my threads quite often, and I enjoy seeing where others take the conversation. The conversations branch off but remain relatively on topic.

In this case the conversation evolved into talking about an overpri...oh right, no $ talk, ahem. We're talking about TE trying to turn into Ikea all of a sudden. 😂

• @mistercharlie said:
    Please keep this thread for OP-1 Field talk only. Come on. It’s not that hard to start a thread for that desk.

Apologies for planting that seed. It was totally ironic that I had flipped from this thread to my email and literally the top of my inbox was that announcement. Ima just go play with my OP-1 Field and pretend stuff like this doesn't really exist.

• I see videos of the open op1f and think wow that’s awesome and then I remember these guys been doing that for years remembering all the buttons and sequencer patterns.

I want it for the synths to plug into the iPad but just can’t seem to get past the subject we can’t talk about.

It would entice me more if it came with a iPad companion app that could expand the op1f capabilities and use. I’m a visual guy when it comes to building and arranging.

• @stormywaterz said:
    I see videos of the open op1f and think wow that’s awesome and then I remember these guys been doing that for years remembering all the buttons and sequencer patterns.

I want it for the synths to plug into the iPad but just can’t seem to get past the subject we can’t talk about.

>

It would entice me more if it came with a iPad companion app that could expand the op1f capabilities and use. I’m a visual guy when it comes to building and arranging.

I think the OP-Z has a companion app as well as can be used standalone, but without its own internal screen, the OP-Z would be lost on me.

Getting back to the OP-1F. In theory I'd still love to own one. In practicality however, I'd have to buy it AND a cheap $200 laptop for file access. I realised what appealed to me about the OP-1F (portability, long battery life) can be found in an iPhone 14 Pro Max with 1TB. I'm still saving up for one of those.

• For me, the OP-1 F is an incredible sampler, but I really wish it had a sequencer like the OP-Z. I know you can hook them up together, but then you’re no longer using one box any more.

I should probably work out what I like about sequencing, and then replicate that live. I do tend to play live into a sequencer anyway, and then mess with it.

• The Field doesn’t have a sequencer? Or it’s a different sequencer?

• It has a few cool sequencers, and a really neat arpeggiator.

• @mistercharlie said:

Look, whenever Teenage Engineering make a laughable pricing decision, it’s natural justice that we can get a few digs in before returning to the matter in hand. Them’s the forum rules, surely! ;)

• abfabf
    edited February 2023

nvm