Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Launchpad Programming

124»

Comments

• @AlmostAnonymous said:
    ………..
    Only 1 thing/software should be controlling the Launchpad. If you’re gonna script it with Mozaic, you’re gonna have to disable the integration of Loopy Pro, LK, Atom2, etc.

Since Loopy doesn’t use faderbanks, you can use your own fader banks along side loopy’s session mode integration. You don’t have to disable loopy’s integration as long as you don’t mess with the stuff it uses. Do you can use fader banks along with loopy’s integration.

• edited August 2022

EDIT:

I think how to utylize current loopy pro auv3 with launchpad under drambo, and have faderbanks, how to route midi in elegant way.

mosaic must be outside loopy of course, launchpad daw input enabled on track input in drambo, and …. I will go home (ET GO HOME) and check more.

• @DblU : I had a chance to hook up my LPX briefly and I see why sometimes, you need to tap twice to switch between clips and mixer (fader) views.

The logic in OnMidiCC is goofy -- and since I didn't comment it when writing it (I was really just exploring what one could do with these commands) -- I am not entirely sure what I was thinking. It should be easy to address.

What is supposed to happen is this, if MIDICC 95 Off comes in, toggle the DAW state (clip or mixer) if it was already in session mode.

My logic was wrong in terms of deciding whether it was already in DAW mode -- as anytime you set a fader to 0 -- the script considers that a mode change. It needs better logic for knowing when one has switched to another page. I have no idea why I coded it that way.

I am sure the fix is simple, but I don't have the bandwidth to look into it.

• Thanks for your answer!
    I also don’t have that much time right now to investigate it further.

• @DblU said:
    Thanks for your answer!

The path of least resistance is sometimes having to press twice

• @DblU said:
    Thanks for your answer!

Ok. I figured out the problem. I wasn't using good logic to determine if the user had switched away from the mixer/clips page.

I've uploaded a fixed version of my script with some comments in the routine that handles the page toggling.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Short version: the logic goes like this. If a MIDICC comes in AND it is on channel 1 (we don't carry about the CCs on the other channels) check to see what to do. If the CC is 95 check to see if we are on the clips/mixer page. If we are, toggle the view. If we are coming back then just draw the session mode. If the CC is larger than 95 then we've moved to another page.

• That’s it! Thank you a lot! Now it works!

• @AlmostAnonymous said:
    What do you need to know about setting up faders?

There they are responding to incoming midi:

Unlimited faders (92 faders visible here)

All of the above in session (not programmers) mode....so they are all using sysex strings.

I am struggling with that days now,can you share the mozaic script you are using for the fader setup?thanks!

• @albert80 said:

@AlmostAnonymous said:
    What do you need to know about setting up faders?

There they are responding to incoming midi:

Unlimited faders (92 faders visible here)

All of the above in session (not programmers) mode....so they are all using sysex strings.

I am struggling with that days now,can you share the mozaic preset script you are using for the fader setup?thanks!

• @albert80 i dont have access to those devices with the script at the moment, but which part are you stuck with? the fader setup or the incoming midi part?

• @AlmostAnonymous said:
    @albert80 i dont have access to those devices with the script at the moment, but which part are you stuck with? the fader setup or the incoming midi part?

Hi thanks for the reply,i am trying for days to access the fader session setup with the volumes pans sends etc... ,i have read the launchpads mk3 pro programmers manual and managed to change some of the session modes on the controller with sysex(via loopy pro) but the only thing i am getting when switching session modes is two faders on the first 2 columns on the mk3 so i guess i am not sending the correct message.i was aiming to access a fader setup for volumes another for pan and sends etc....i also purchased mozaic for this purpose but i think it is too complicated for me so i was looking to find a ready mk3 script simillar to Edwards @espiegel123 or another way to achieve that.Thanks!

• @albert80 said:

@AlmostAnonymous said:
    @albert80 i dont have access to those devices with the script at the moment, but which part are you stuck with? the fader setup or the incoming midi part?

Hi thanks for the reply,i am trying for days to access the fader session setup with the volumes pans sends etc... ,i have read the launchpads mk3 pro programmers manual and managed to change some of the session modes on the controller with sysex(via loopy pro) but the only thing i am getting when switching session modes is two faders on the first 2 columns on the mk3 so i guess i am not sending the correct message.i was aiming to access a fader setup for volumes another for pan and sends etc....i also purchased mozaic for this purpose but i think it is too complicated for me so i was looking to find a ready mk3 script simillar to Edwards @espiegel123 or another way to achieve that.Thanks!

if you post your script, it would help us help you. Otherwise, we would just be guessing.

• edited October 2022

@espiegel123 said:

@albert80 said:

@AlmostAnonymous said:

if you post your script, it would help us help you. Otherwise, we would just be guessing.

I don't have a script,i am trying to send sysex messages based to the programmers manual to the mk3 from loopy pro

• @albert80 said:

@espiegel123 said:

@albert80 said:

@AlmostAnonymous said:

I don't have a script,i am trying to send sysex messages based to the programmers manual to the mk3 from loopy pro

• edited October 2022

@espiegel123 said:

@albert80 said:

@AlmostAnonymous said:

Overall i am trying do a script similar to the one you shared here using mozaic (but for the mk3 pro) or to send sysex from loopy pro to the mk3 to achieve that

• @albert80 said:

@espiegel123 said:

@albert80 said:

@AlmostAnonymous said:

Whatever you are running in Mozaic is a script.post the script so we can see what you are sending.

To adapt my script, you probably only need to change the few messages in my script that are specific to the LPX to the LPP equivalent messages.

• Here is an updated mozaic script which can be run in any host and also a loopy pro project with mozaic and the script pre-loaded and configured. This is setup for a launchpad X. Slight adjustments in the script will be needed for other launchpad models.

• Does anyone know if you can select a project on the Launchpad Pro MK3 via midi? I want to switch my active Launchpad project when loading a new project in Drambo. Sysex is fine if that's the only way.

I tried looking at the Programmer Reference, and while I think I found how to open the project page, I don't know how to actually trigger a pad. Maybe there is another way entirely? I also tried sending PC messages to the Launchpad Pro to no effect (but maybe I didn't know the correct channel?)

• @qqq said:
    Does anyone know if you can select a project on the Launchpad Pro MK3 via midi? I want to switch my active Launchpad project when loading a new project in Drambo. Sysex is fine if that's the only way.

I tried looking at the Programmer Reference, and while I think I found how to open the project page, I don't know how to actually trigger a pad. Maybe there is another way entirely? I also tried sending PC messages to the Launchpad Pro to no effect (but maybe I didn't know the correct channel?)

By project, do you mean custom template? If so, that is done by sysex I believe.

What do you mean by “trigger a pad”?

• @espiegel123 said:

@qqq said:
    Does anyone know if you can select a project on the Launchpad Pro MK3 via midi? I want to switch my active Launchpad project when loading a new project in Drambo. Sysex is fine if that's the only way.

By project, do you mean custom template? If so, that is done by sysex I believe.

What do you mean by “trigger a pad”?

Thanks for the quick reply :)

I mean the sequencer projects. The things that save the the sequences for the 4 tracks.

By "trigger a pad" I mean that I know how to get to the project page via sysex, but I don't know if there is a way to actually select a thing that page via sysex.

• edited March 2023

@qqq said:

You need to send it a sysex command. You can find all the pages, or pads as you will, in the programmer manual. You just need to fill in the blank on the underlined sysex string.

As far as I know, there is no way to load a specific project on the Launchpad via midi

• @AlmostAnonymous said:
    You need to send it a sysex command. You can find all the pages, or pads as you will, in the programmer manual. You just need to fill in the blank on the underlined sysex string.

I saw this, I haven't tried it yet but it seems to only select the active layout, not actually allow you to switch a project on the active (project) layout?

• edited March 2023

@qqq you replied before I got my edit in ;)

As far as I know, there is no way to load a specific project on the Launchpad via midi

The pads in session and programmers mode respond to midi notes, but I haven’t found a way to trigger the actual pads externally.

• qqqqqq
    edited March 2023

@AlmostAnonymous said:
    @qqq you replied before I got my edit in ;)

The pads in session and programmers mode respond to midi notes, but I haven’t found a way to trigger the actual pads externally.

:D Alas, this was my conclusion as well. I'm going to contact Novation support just to be sure. Its not a big deal to just open the new project on the Launchpad, but mildly annoying.