Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iMPC Pro by Akai Professional & Retronyms OUT NOW (IAA/MIDI supported)

Comments

• edited July 2014

Yea...I like the hype and all that. They're the only times I get to be, and act, like a kid on Christmas morning, or a musician in an instrument store where I can afford to buy it all. Online mind you. It's fun! Even if the hyped apps turns out to absolutely suck! Please don't take that away from me. :( For the record, this app is gonna be the bestest app ever made. Yep.

• Oh baby...

• Just got it in France ;-)

• It's out in Ireland.Downloading now

• Make us some hits boys...

• @sinapsya Could you give the link to the survey? That link only takes me to a "thank u for voting" page.

• It's live in Germany now too. Where do I vote for Audiobus + MIDI IN/OUT/Sync + time stretching?

• edited July 2014

@Crabman said:

@ElGregoLoco said:

Yes, but for what i'm used to, most producers (in hip hop at least) use it as a standalone production center without midi connections for a long time now ...

Do you have any sources or statistics to backup your proposition or is this just a feeling/guess?I'm coming from the electronic music scene and everybody i know with an MPC is using it as a controllcenter for external gear as well,most often for live purposes.I would give it a try for the same reason and it would also be cool to meet other people and sync up different equipment for a jam session.Well,with Midi at least.../rant off.

It's pretty well established that an awwwwful lot of hip hop producers had a turntable and a single MPC or a single SP1200. DJ Shadow's Entroducing is a good/semi-famous example. Here's a fun read on producing with the 1200 http://www.villagevoice.com/2007-11-06/music/the-dirty-heartbeat-of-the-golden-age/

• Yes,i kmow.In the PAST.I was asking for todays standards...

• @telecharge said:

@Aphex said:

Can anyone tell me the final intro price in sale, i need to know if a need to buy another itunes card, please. Is the 12.99 us dlls or not.

Yes. Take a look: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrpEmFXCAAM3D3l.jpg:large

Thanx, itunes card ready

• I like it. Exactly when I went to sleep I refreshed one last time. Now I can't sleep :))
    It has bugs though. But I like it more than the Mpc renaissance.

PS: run AB apps into Loopy and then Loopy as a IAA. Into iMPC

• @alexbuga said:

I like it. Exactly when I went to sleep I refreshed one last time. Now I can't sleep :))

So using Loopy in essence gives iMPC Pro Audiobus? That's great news!

• @Crabman said:

Yes,i kmow.In the PAST.I was asking for todays standards...

I doubt that many people are doing that today but it doesn't negate the fact that great music has been and can be made on a sample triggering sequencer on its own island. Certainly YouTube is filled to the brim with live 100% MPC music.

I'm actually looking forward to the island approach now. Sorta wish it had limited sample memory. :) I mean, BM2 is great for getting along with others so I'm covered. This... I want a little of the historical workflow actually and it looks like they greased the wheels just enough. Indeed, hoping song mode is nothing more than a sequence list with reasonable editing capabilities like insert, copy and replace.

• @alexbuga said:

I like it. Exactly when I went to sleep I refreshed one last time. Now I can't sleep :))

Or likewise use Audioshare

• @Dham said:

So using Loopy in essence gives iMPC Pro Audiobus? That's great news!

Output slot at least, hopefully. That would cover most sampling needs.

• Input slot too

• One hour more

• 2 here, can't wait!( so I bought a little hype...)

• Off to bed, but I expect a FULL REPORT by morning :)

• Like it so far, pretty damn neat app

• edited July 2014

Can't get it to appear in Tabletop for some reason. Any ideas?

• Boughted

• @thinds said:

Input slot too

Oh right! Nice.

• So can anyone demo how this will fit in AB environment with no tabletop ?
    I hear you can use this in AudioShare and then pipe to other filters and record to loopy .
    What about adding new samples ? How does it get fit in the AB output slot ?

• @thepinkelefant said:

So can anyone demo how this will fit in AB environment with no tabletop ?
    I hear you can use this in AudioShare and then pipe to other filters and record to loopy .
    What about adding new samples ? How does it get fit in the AB output slot ?

This seems to work alright. Haha... See pict..

• You beat me to it @ArcaneScreams, works OK in the in and output slots. Not ideal maybe but it works.

• @thinds My apologies for beating you to it. As long as it works. More apps to try...

• edited July 2014

1.-Im having problems for audiocopy the copy is not right, is like cutting the loop and copying incomplete.
    2.-Is it me or the touch is not working right some options have to be touched twice for work
    3.-And is really hard to set a new program and in the diskette i wrote the name but does not appear in the mainscreen.
    4.-And one more there is a hiss sound after any sound

Im on ipad air
    Anyone else having this problems or just me?

• Thanks @arcaneScreams and @thinds !...so there is a kludge to make it work using IAA only and get new samples in iMpc pro..

• edited July 2014

And the RAM is using like 90% even on an empty song