Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iMPC Pro by Akai Professional & Retronyms OUT NOW (IAA/MIDI supported)

Comments

• edited July 2014

Anyone found a way to copy a seq?

*edit ok just been able to do by copying the midi notes

• edited July 2014

one of the pictures in the store even shows it loaded in TT... what happened? This and the velocity slider not working on note repeat are the two major bugs I see for now. Hope they fix those soon.

@Samu said:

This is only tip of the ice-berg, what happened to the 'program & samples' one creates in iMPC 'Pro', they are not available once used inside TableTop, C'mon.

so have you been able to load it into Tabletop?

• When Stryker came out there was an update for Tabletop so it would work....

• @firejan82 said:

one of the pictures in the store even shows it loaded in TT... what happened? This and the velocity slider not working on note repeat are the two major bugs I see for now. Hope they fix those soon.

@Samu said:

This is only tip of the ice-berg, what happened to the 'program & samples' one creates in iMPC 'Pro', they are not available once used inside TableTop, C'mon.

so have you been able to load it into Tabletop?

Not yet, but i doubt it will work since Tabletop always runs a separate 'version' off the app when used inside TableTop so it's highly unlikely that iMPC Pro will be able to share data apart from factory presets...

I've also tried removing both TableTop and iMPC Pro and reinstalling them still no game.

It really is clear evidence of lack of Q&A from Akai and Retronyms, sorry guys...

• I'll be a little patient. A lot of good apps come out with bugs.

• edited July 2014

@Korakios
    Sorry, not chopper but what they call "flux"

Another positive thing : you don't need to have Tabletop to use IMPCP because IMPCP doesn't work in Tabletop ^^

• Why would potential customers be patient here? This is the second attempt to get this right. I'm out.

• edited July 2014

So,they avoided everything to control the Pro from other apps (or vice versa)and the only provided way (tabletop)is not working?Their OWN app?That made me laugh,sorry.It seems they spent more time/money doing all this fancy videos instead of beta testing.

• Hi people,just have the impc pro and i see the line input record of my behringer is202 not fonctionnal,only the mic/line of ipad is ok.
    With the last impc it works great. I send a tweet for retronyms for an issue.

• @ Crabman : Yes it's the summer of epic FAIL !!!

http://retronyms.com/

• Hi there,

Does anyone know if the sample pack is the same as in the previous impc app ?
    Is it ok to run the new app in an ipad mini ?

• @ys_music
    I use with an ipad 2 so it must great with your Mini (more powerful cpu). It is a new library inside impc pro i use audiocopy for get the old sounds.
    6:53AM Comment

• I can't seem to find a setting for the pads to be polyphonic, i.e. press a same pad twice without muting the playing sound (of the same pad). Am I missing something here???

• @SaveAs
    No my friend YOU're not missing anything :D THE APP is definitely missing something.
    I was really hoping for that. Why the hell is it so damn hard to make something right from the beginning :))

PS: Someone was asking on top how to copy seq's. You just drag them from a pad to another.

• For those of you who dont catch the thread for this, its just a basic get started and set up

• @alexbuga Damn, this sucks!
    The only way around I can find is to assign the same sound in two pads and trigger them sequentially...

• @SaveAs good luck tuning them ;)
    The best thing you can do is record your chords directly from the synth app as a loop and trigger with HOld in iMPC.

Poly mode would've sounded cheesy and flangy anyway, because you only have 1 sample.

• @ys_music said:

Hi there,

Does anyone know if the sample pack is the same as in the previous impc app ?
    Is it ok to run the new app in an ipad mini ?

1.) No, they're different according to Retronymns

2.) Yes, it should work fine as the original iPad mini is basically the same as the iPad 2

• @alexbuga my concern is mainly about sounds with tail. Yeap, tuning chords would be a struggle!

• When i connect speakers in headphone of ipad i CAN sample now for record external sound in line input of the is202 but i cant monitoring now...

• Midi in/out & sync is a basic requirement for any modern electronic musical equipment - this isn't about wanting some special feature or something, it's a fact. I would not buy anything of this ilk that didn't have it.

I refuse to 'trust' that they will implement it, we have been down this road before.

Interesting that hundreds of other indie developers without the resources Retronyms have at their disposal have managed to implement very high quality apps with full midi implementations - yet Retronyms fail at the very first hurdle!

No sale here either! Filters are on - I won't listen to any more of their crap, I regret spending the time thinking that they might actually get it right this time. I won't be going there again even if they do put things right, I'll wait and give my cash t other more deserving developers ;)

• edited July 2014

Haven't read through everything here. But, first thing I tried was loading Sugar Bytes Effectrix as an IAA effect inside iMPC Pro. Effectrix needs midi clock sync to work at all. And iMPC Pro did sync start/stop with Effectrix. Also, iMPC Pro received start/stop sync from Effectrix.

I'm happy with that, for now.

I tried messing around with Cubasis and this, I did something that synced start stop, but I dunno what it was. It does show up as iMini in midi IAA inside Cubasis. But it was a total crash fest, so I couldn't be bothered to mess around with that anymore.

Edit: By the way, I added a couple of folders with subfolders containing samples, mostly drums kits. If you have ALOT of samples you wanna add, expect to see a pretty long loading period every single time you open a project. Not sure why, I'm guessing it scans the sample dirs or something everytime you load a project. Hopefully Retronyms finds a way to make that bit faster.

• Funny that @ChrisG I just tried it with effectrix too. It does sync start and stop both ways as in effectrix controls impc as well but strangely you have to set the tempo manually every time.

• edited July 2014

Yea, it doesn't send out BPM info to Effectrix, I forgot to mention that. Thanks Supadom

And btw, you can sequence it from external gear/apps since it do receive midi data. So it does sync, and midi sequencing/cc-data. But it's a bit confusing ATM to figure out what & how exactly it handles it all. I'm done for the time being. It's over 90F+ degrees, and I'm developing a heat stroke, plus my iPad is melting I think.

Edit: One last thing. When using iFunbox I saw a bunch of Prophet V preset banks. Really looking forward to that one. :)

• Yep, MIDI sync with Cubasis and recording MIDI notes out of iMPC Pro into Cubasis - that should surprise a few folks.

• For my problem i found a temporarely solution.i have no bug with istudio for recording or listening in impc pro with beatmaker 2 is launched. LoL ?

• When i exit beatmaker, impc pro disable the line input of istudio for remplace by line input of ipad and the master output is now on the speakers of the ipad.waow

• edited July 2014

Velocity pressure doesn't work with my new Mpc Element:( Doesn't matter if i press full level or not. Velocity still play on same level. Any suggestions?

• @ChrisG you can use Effectrix without midi sync: you can disable midi sync, set bpm and play it manually if you want...