Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Spotify invests in military AI

Comments

• @tk32 said:
    @NeuM
    Just to be clear I wasn't making a left/right (democrat/republican) political point, and didn't mean to single out Texans specifically. I suspect the new battlegrounds are no longer between blue/red.

I should have been more precise with my litany of slurs - please blame it on the fact I'm just an ignorant brit :)

It's OK. If you ever get the chance, I'm sure you'd have a great time if you ever came out to the US, including states like Texas, Florida and other places that tend to get poor treatment on the news because of politics. I guarantee people are generally quite friendly here. :)

• @vasilymilovidov said:
    military-industrial complex is not about fighting for democracy against china and russia, it's about fighting for resources and control over those resources. and I hope that artists and their listeners don't want to sponsor any tools for such fights. the logic that 'our enemies' are doing it already is exactly the kind of populism that keeps this world screwed.

I'm not going to investigate the claims further because as I understand this, this is the CEO using his money as he sees fit. It has nothing to do with Spotify. People are free to spend their own money however they want.

• @NeuM said:

@vasilymilovidov said:
    military-industrial complex is not about fighting for democracy against china and russia, it's about fighting for resources and control over those resources. and I hope that artists and their listeners don't want to sponsor any tools for such fights. the logic that 'our enemies' are doing it already is exactly the kind of populism that keeps this world screwed.

I'm not going to investigate the claims further because as I understand this, this is the CEO using his money as he sees fit. It has nothing to do with Spotify. People are free to spend their own money however they want.

And users are free to boycott their platform if they feel they aren’t comfortable with where it’s CEO spends their money.

This is not to say that other platforms aren’t doing it but that’s beside the point.

• I'd love to invest in new military technology, but all my spare money goes on cat food and cat litter.

• @vasilymilovidov said:
    military-industrial complex is not about fighting for democracy against china and russia, it's about fighting for resources and control over those resources.

Indeed, and because politics’ job is to make it look like it’s about the higher values many people jump on the bandwagon.

There’s so much money involved and the machine is so established in this that trying to stop this is analogous to standing in front of a train.

That’s why telling governments to tax the big 5 is akin to a joke. It’s so scary that everyone’s laughing.

I suspect it would be foolish to think that uncontrolled market capitalism would evolve into anything else.

• edited January 2022

@purpan2 said:
    I'd love to invest in new military technology, but all my spare money goes on cat food and cat litter.

I think you’ve hit the nail on the head.

Edit: Even if it’s just a joke. if, notwithstanding of your circumstances, you cannot afford much above your basic needs (investing in NMT) it means that someone’s f%#£ed off with your money.

It became kind of obvious by now that going out in the streets to demand something doesn’t really work. All we (citizens) are left with is voting with our customer choices. I’d normally say use your voting rights but the right choices don’t seem to be there anymore r if they’re there they have a little chance of becoming a ruling party, at least here in the uk. So, if you cannot influence things with your vote at least vote with your customer behaviour.

• @supadom said:

@NeuM said:

@vasilymilovidov said:

And users are free to boycott their platform if they feel they aren’t comfortable with where it’s CEO spends their money.

especially when they have their money at least partly because of Spotify.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • If I let go of greed, hate and violence, someone will undoubtedly steal them…

• How is it that these type of discussions unavoidably end in shrugs and jokes?

I guess it is human to just block things out when the issue is just too humongous to even comprehend, let alone change/solve.

• @tk32 said:
    Is it wrong that I'm actually more bothered by Spotify's association with Joe Rogan?

:D

Oh, you mean “the Gwyneth Paltrow for Bros”?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @JeffChasteen said:

@tk32 said:
    Is it wrong that I'm actually more bothered by Spotify's association with Joe Rogan?

:D

Oh, you mean “the Gwyneth Paltrow for Bros”?

That’s a pretty perfect description for that asshole.

• Interesting how Joe Rogan seems to receiving either love or hate reactions.

I personally have learned a great deal from his interviews. I skip all of the sport and comedy ones but really enjoy the ones with scientists like the one with Matthew Walker or Chris Kresser and Joel Khan.

Of course he will have a populist appeal but other than meat eating advocacy I don’t really see much wrong there. I have close hippy friends that don’t like him so, there you go ;)

• @supadom said:
    Interesting how Joe Rogan seems to receiving either love or hate reactions.

I personally have learned a great deal from his interviews. I skip all of the sport and comedy ones but really enjoy the ones with scientists like the one with Matthew Walker or Chris Kresser and Joel Khan.

Of course he will have a populist appeal but other than meat eating advocacy I don’t really see much wrong there. I have close hippy friends that don’t like him so, there you go ;)

I think he’s been grossly irresponsible during Covid since he has used his platform to spread misinformation and saying he was using ivermectin when he got it was not cool. I know he isn’t that dumb and that was just reckless of him. That’s funny you mention your hippie friends don’t like him though cos I’m kind of a hippie myself haha

• @supadom said:
    How is it that these type of discussions unavoidably end in shrugs and jokes?

I guess it is human to just block things out when the issue is just too humongous to even comprehend, let alone change/solve.

Because let’s be honest, at the end of the day this discussion is in no way shape or form going to change how Spotify invest their money. Personally I don’t use Spotify at all but I’m pretty sure they aren’t losing any sleep over it. And also, not everyone is going to see it as an issue that needs to be changed or solved 🤷🏽‍♂️

• @Fingolfinzz said:

@supadom said:
    Interesting how Joe Rogan seems to receiving either love or hate reactions.

I think he’s been grossly irresponsible during Covid since he has used his platform to spread misinformation and saying he was using ivermectin when he got it was not cool. I know he isn’t that dumb and that was just reckless of him. That’s funny you mention your hippie friends don’t like him though cos I’m kind of a hippie myself haha

Being a hippie is no laughing matter! Considering nearly every hippie will be dead by 2050. Species extinction engineered by the CIA. All the future will have of us dancing to a different drum will be this…

• @Strizbiz said:

@supadom said:

Because let’s be honest, at the end of the day this discussion is in no way shape or form going to change how Spotify invest their money. Personally I don’t use Spotify at all but I’m pretty sure they aren’t losing any sleep over it. And also, not everyone is going to see it as an issue that needs to be changed or solved 🤷🏽‍♂️

I strongly disagree. If enough people share and stop paying Spotify they will sure be losing sleep over it. All you need is to reach the tipping point which is around 25% last time I checked.

• @supadom said:

Also, "Sir, this is a Wendy's". Which is not to downplay the importance of the issue or your honest sense of urgency about it, but you are asking the question on a forum where people come to... well, not exactly to solve the world's problems. It's the problem of the wrong platform, IMHO🤷

• edited January 2022

@supadom said:

Also, "Sir, this is a Wendy's". Which is not to downplay the importance of the issue or your honest sense of urgency about it, but you are asking the question on a forum where people come to... well, not exactly to solve the world's problems. It's the classic case of choosing the wrong platform, IMHO🤷

• @supadom said:

@Strizbiz said:

@supadom said:

I strongly disagree. If enough people share and stop paying Spotify they will sure be losing sleep over it. All you need is to reach the tipping point which is around 25% last time I checked.

Sure, if enough people stop paying for it, but they definitely aren’t missing me. I hate to be pessimistic, but I just don’t see 25% of people leaving Spotify and I’m not saying I support what Spotify is doing but some people will support them.

• @Strizbiz said:

@supadom said:

@Strizbiz said:

@supadom said:

Sure, if enough people stop paying for it, but they definitely aren’t missing me. I hate to be pessimistic, but I just don’t see 25% of people leaving Spotify and I’m not saying I support what Spotify is doing but some people will support them.

I don’t see what you don’t see. All I can do is try.

• @ervin said:

@supadom said:

Also, "Sir, this is a Wendy's". Which is not to downplay the importance of the issue or your honest sense of urgency about it, but you are asking the question on a forum where people come to... well, not exactly to solve the world's problems. It's the classic case of choosing the wrong platform, IMHO🤷

This forum has seen far more unrelated stuff and we still managed to pull through, and I’ve seen you participating in threads less related than this.

Anyway, I didn’t post this to make a statement or defend myself but to raise awareness among people, many of whom pay to put their music on Spotify. They have the right to know where the money goes. I mean, the money that they don’t get paid for their music.

• Which alternative to Spotify, Apple and Amazon offers all the old albums from the 70s and 80s?

I need playlists and like public playlists.

Also downloading stuff for when I'm offline is required.

I don't really need lossless.

• wimwim
    edited January 2022

This whole thing is a misconception. The military AI in question is just Spotify improving playlist recommendations for troops on the battlefield.

Sure, they may become marginally more deadly if they don't have to be distracted fine-tuning things like that, but we have to take into account their wellbeing and happiness as well. I see it as a benefit for both sides to have better soundtracks for battlefield actions.

• @tja said:
    Which alternative to Spotify, Apple and Amazon offers all the old albums from the 70s and 80s?

I need playlists and like public playlists.

Also downloading stuff for when I'm offline is required.

I don't really need lossless.

I subscribe to Youtube Music. I like!

https://music.youtube.com/

• @wim said:
    This whole thing is a misconception. The military AI in question is just Spotify improving playlist recommendations for troops on the battlefield.

Sure, they may become marginally more deadly if they don't have to be distracted fine-tuning things like that, but we have to take into account their wellbeing and happiness as well. I see it as a benefit for both sides to have better soundtracks for battlefield actions.

Seriously? i thought it was a security and artificial intelligence company aiming to achieve global technology leadership in real-time information processing, turning unstructured sensor data into information advantage for democratic governments. I am pretty sure they aim to provide the clearest picture possible in any operating environment and that their software will employ artificial intelligence to combine data from infrared, video, sonar, and radio frequencies gathered from military vehicle sensors to generate a real-time picture of battlefields. i could be wrong though.

• wimwim
    edited January 2022

@AudioGus said:

@wim said:

Seriously? i thought it was a security and artificial intelligence company aiming to achieve global technology leadership in real-time information processing, turning unstructured sensor data into information advantage for democratic governments. I am pretty sure they aim to provide the clearest picture possible in any operating environment and that their software will employ artificial intelligence to combine data from infrared, video, sonar, and radio frequencies gathered from military vehicle sensors to generate a real-time picture of battlefields. i could be wrong though.

Nope. That's just smoke and mirrors to jack up the price of any eventual Pentagon contract awards. You trusting Canadians just don't understand how things really work in the military industrial complex here in the US.

• @supadom said:

@ervin said:

@supadom said:

This forum has seen far more unrelated stuff and we still managed to pull through, and I’ve seen you participating in threads less related than this.

Anyway, I didn’t post this to make a statement or defend myself but to raise awareness among people, many of whom pay to put their music on Spotify. They have the right to know where the money goes. I mean, the money that they don’t get paid for their music.

Sure it has and yes I have.

I am - clearly, I hope - not trying to tell you what topics you should talk about and where. I have simply shared my opinion about why a topic like this on a forum like this might not generate the engagement you perhaps expected.

• @wim said:

@AudioGus said:

@wim said:

Nope. That's just smoke and mirrors to jack up the price of any eventual Pentagon contract awards. You trusting Canadians just don't understand how things really work in the military industrial complex here in the US.

Naaa

According to software data company Pitchbrook, Helsing will "develop software comprising artificial intelligence to integrate data from infrared, video, sonar and radio frequencies, gleaned from sensors on military vehicles, to create a real-time picture of battlefields, enabling clients to execute faster and more reliable decisions."

This discussion has been closed.