Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

2022 Desktop Plugin Samples Deals

1394041424345»

Comments

• edited January 2023

I guess we all have already more reverb plugins than we really need but this one is really interesting. An algorithmic reverb with creative mangling capabilities made by a new developer. Sinuslab Reach. It‘s on sale for 24 instead of 48 Euro

https://sinuslabs.io/product/reach/

It’s remarkable that the plugin is open source under the GPL. Quite unusual for a commercial plugin.

https://github.com/Sinuslabs/Reach

• @enkaytee said:
    I guess we might need a new desktop deals thread for 2023. In the meantime, Kushview's Element has gone free (from a one off payment per release / subscription model).

It's a really versatile plugin host (VST 2 and 3 and AUV2) that's brilliant for patching quick sessions for sketching ideas or live work. Very visual and intuitive but not a traditional DAW.
    Take a look here: https://kushview.net/element/

The dev has a Patreon so you can still make regular payments and accepts donations via the website.

Thank you 🙏🏻
    You saved me $80, Element allowed me to hold off on buying Blue Cat PatchWork for now 🤩

• edited January 2023

Btw I finally purchased Modo Bass 2, on sale right now for only $99 - I paid $69 because I had $30 Jam Points 🤩 Well worth it at it’s regular price at $349, get it for $99 while you can. I hope @ikmultimedia @IK_Multimedia makes a Modo Guitar next 🙏🏻

• As I'm now also weaving Ableton into my setup (I never clicked with GarageBand, but muddled through), I'm adding a couple of VSTs as I learn. A musician friend yesterday gave me a tip-off to check out Reach, from Sinus Labs. He says it would be just my cup of tea. Minimal, great for ambient, and on-budget.

Reach is a reverb, here's what Sinus Labs have to say about it:

High-fidelity Reverb Engine.

Our reverb, Reach, was developed with synthetic sound sources in mind; a modern reverb for modern music.
    Use Reach to control time and space, and to create a variety of sounds and environments. Shape how your early reflections decay using the diffusion knob, and adjust brightness using the damping parameter.

Reach enables you to build the space you need for the sound that you want.

You can find Reach at https://sinuslabs.io/product/reach/ it's currently on a launch offer of €24, instead of the usual €46.

• @Cambler said:
    Izotope VocalSynth 2 is on sale at Plugin Boutique for $65 USD:

https://www.pluginboutique.com/products/4413-VocalSynth-2

Anyone using this? I am keen but it's still almost $95 AUD.

Vocal Synth is great! easy to use, plenty of presets, and high tweakability. I use it almost daily, but i do a lot of vocal centric productions as well.

Its also great on drums, or even synths etc. you can get very creative with it.

• @shinyisshiny said:

@Cambler said:

Vocal Synth is great! easy to use, plenty of presets, and high tweakability. I use it almost daily, but i do a lot of vocal centric productions as well.

That sounds awesome, thanks for your feedback. I’ve just found it on Knobcloud even cheaper so have pulled the plug(in). :)

• @shinyisshiny said:

@Cambler said:

Oh, perfect. @shinyisshiny please could you say a bit more about how you use it? I have never been able to crack this thing, even though I would really like to. In themselves, the presets just sound garbled to me, most of them not musical at all, just adding weird distortion.

For contrast, if I open Voice synth on iOS, it's instant bliss on anything, whereas Vocalsynth is a total headscratcher, even after lots of YouTube videos. I'm sure I'm the problem here, and I would gratefully accept any real life use cases and tips. 🙏

• Waves Audio and Help me Devvon offer the NLS Non-Linear Summer ($299 value) plugin as a FREE download for 48 hours!

NLS Non-Linear Summer is an analog summing utility that emulates three legendary mixing consoles: the SSL 4000G, Neve 5116, and EMI TG12345. Waves attempted to emulate the non-linear behavior of each channel and amp, porting some of the analog magic into the digital audio domain.

https://bedroomproducersblog.com/2023/01/20/waves-nls-free/

• @krassmann said:
    Waves Audio and Help me Devvon offer the NLS Non-Linear Summer ($299 value) plugin as a FREE download for 48 hours!

NLS Non-Linear Summer is an analog summing utility that emulates three legendary mixing consoles: the SSL 4000G, Neve 5116, and EMI TG12345. Waves attempted to emulate the non-linear behavior of each channel and amp, porting some of the analog magic into the digital audio domain.

With respect, my learned friend, stating the imaginary full price of a waves plugin as its "value" (instead of the tiny fraction of it that the plugin is actually sold for in the neverending, overlapping promotions) is a tad bit rich from a seasoned veteran like yourself. 😉👌

• @krassmann said:
    Waves Audio and Help me Devvon offer the NLS Non-Linear Summer ($299 value) plugin as a FREE download for 48 hours!

Thank you 🙏🏻

• edited January 2023

@ervin said:

@krassmann said:

With respect, my learned friend, stating the imaginary full price of a waves plugin as its "value" (instead of the tiny fraction of it that the plugin is actually sold for in the neverending, overlapping promotions) is a tad bit rich from a seasoned veteran like yourself. 😉👌

You are right. I guess noone ever paid 299 for it. I just copy-pasted the text from BPB. I guess I shouldn’t have just copied this absurdity. Anyway, the passionate plugin buyer probably knows how to judge this astronomical discount. From hero to zero. Or probably they just set the comma wrong 🤔 It must have been 29.90 previously.

• edited January 2023

@krassmann said:

@ervin said:

@krassmann said:

You are right. I guess noone ever paid 299 for it. I just copy-pasted the text from BPB. I guess I shouldn’t have just copied this absurdity. Anyway, the passionate plugin buyer probably knows how to judge this astronomical discount. From hero to zero. Or probably they just set the comma wrong 🤔 It must have been 29.90 previously.

😂 It’s always fun to think about value, especially for software. I guess one could look at the time, resources, research and development to create value. It’s like when you are really skilled at doing something and can do it faster and better than most - you charge more. Some ask: “Why do you charge more than your competitors when you do it in less than half the time?” Experts usually reply: “you are paying for my experience and reputation.”

We often discount the value of resources, but resources and reputation (Waves won a Grammy in 2011) are an important factor not to mention patent ownership (Waves owns 27). For example: Waves have been around longer than some of the users in this forum and the Q10 equalizer was the audio industry's first commercially available audio plugin. You get what you pay for, even when it’s free for a limited time 😉

• Serato Visualizer is in Beta - check it out

https://serato.com/visualizer

• @krassmann said:

@ervin said:

@krassmann said:

Either way, it's currently being offered at its correct price. 👍 Not too keen to buy any more of their stuff, but I can use this for a year or so before the upgrade cycle kicks in and the next version makes it all redundant and incompatible. Make some sounds and move on....

• edited January 2023

@Stuntman_mike said:

@krassmann said:

@ervin said:

@krassmann said:

😂 It’s always fun to think about value, especially for software. I guess one could look at the time, resources, research and development to create value. It’s like when you are really skilled at doing something and can do it faster and better than most - you charge more. Some ask: “Why do you charge more than your competitors when you do it in less than half the time?” Experts usually reply: “you are paying for my experience and reputation.”

We often discount the value of resources, but resources and reputation (Waves won a Grammy in 2011) are an important factor not to mention patent ownership (Waves owns 27). For example: Waves have been around longer than some of the users in this forum and the Q10 equalizer was the audio industry's first commercially available audio plugin. You get what you pay for, even when it’s free for a limited time 😉

Fair, but there's a much simpler and perhaps more practical definition: the value is what someone is prepared to pay for said software. Which may and will change from customer to customer, but this approach allows you to comfortably ignore all the vendor history and number of grammies etc. 🙂

• edited May 2023

United plugins have a sale.

Sale ends 3 days from today (18/05/23)

You can get 6 of their plugins for €19 each. But if you do things in the right order you can get Hyperspace for FREE.

Buy one of the €19 plugins for €15 using the referral code UP4063798. If it's your first purchase from UP you'll get €11 credit instantly added to your account. €10 first purchase cash back and €1 cash back for the plugin you just bought.

Then after checking out you can then buy Hyperspace using those credits THEN add the code HSCM50 to get Hyperspace (usually €129) for FREE.

EDIT: OLD THREAD. GO HERE INSTEAD :-)

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/53996/2023-desktop-plugin-samples-deals#latest

• edited May 2023

@klownshed said:

You can get 6 of their plugins for €19 each. But if you do things in the right order you can get Hyperspace for FREE.

Buy one of the €19 plugins for €15 using the referral code UP4063798. If it's your first purchase from UP you'll get €11 credit instantly added to your account. €10 first purchase cash back and €1 cash back for the plugin you just bought.

Then after checking out you can then buy Hyperspace using those credits THEN add the code HSCM50 to get Hyperspace (usually €129) for FREE.

Done, and worked like a charm, thx klownshed.

I took Pluralis as the first choice as I'm a sucker for delays. And now I have two new toys to play with at a very reasonable price. Happy holiday.

:)

(seems to be the wrong thread though, there's one for 2023)

• edited May 2023

@cabo said:

@klownshed said:

Done, and worked like a charm, thx klownshed.

I took Pluralis as the first choice as I'm a sucker for delays. And now I have two new toys to play with at a very reasonable price. Happy holiday.

:)

(seems to be the wrong thread though, there's one for 2023)

Oh yeah. I just saw the thread in the main list of new posts and didn’t look carefully! Ill post in that thread too save coming back here.

Glad you like the plugins.

Hyperspace is actually really good I think. I also got Pluralis. I like the way it can split the delays based on pitch or loudness :-)