Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The Beatles "Get Back" TV series

124»

Comments

• @richardyot said:
    Yeah the granny music really grates me. Abbey Road would be the perfect album, if it wasn’t for Maxwells Silver Hammer.

But Paul is awesome, the medley on the B side of Abbey Road is one of my favourite musical pieces of all time, and it’s mostly Paul.

…plus George Martin who figured out how to weave those pieces into that endless melody/medley.

• I agree that despite the granny music Paul can be awesome. I thought his piano playing during the documentary was beautiful. It's hard to reconcile the man who wrote Honey Pie with the man who wrote Get Back or Golden Slumbers. I'm not a fan of some of his solo work but I think Chaos and Creation is a very good record.

• @Masanga said:
    Yes, it was the one really big musical difference between Paul and the rest of the band, who famously called it "Paul's granny music". It peaked with the endless retakes of Maxwell's Silver Hammer, which even Ringo loathed.

I've read that Ob La Di was another one that drove Lennon mad. According to Wikipedia: "Out of frustration at being made to continually work on the song, he went straight to the piano and played the opening chords louder and faster than before, in what MacDonald describes as a "mock music-hall" style. Lennon claimed that this was how the song should be played, and it became the version that the Beatles ended up using." (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ob-La-Di,_Ob-La-Da#Recording)

• @MarkR said:

@Masanga said:
    Yes, it was the one really big musical difference between Paul and the rest of the band, who famously called it "Paul's granny music". It peaked with the endless retakes of Maxwell's Silver Hammer, which even Ringo loathed.

I've read that Ob La Di was another one that drove Lennon mad. According to Wikipedia: "Out of frustration at being made to continually work on the song, he went straight to the piano and played the opening chords louder and faster than before, in what MacDonald describes as a "mock music-hall" style. Lennon claimed that this was how the song should be played, and it became the version that the Beatles ended up using." (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ob-La-Di,_Ob-La-Da#Recording)

Geoff Emerick talks about that being a frustrating song to record in his book.

And hello to another Mark R!

• @Clam said:
    I couldn't stand Yoko. But here we see her breaking the tension between the boys by doing her screeching thing, with her and everyone else seeing it as comedy, I think. Also, she never seemed to interrupt--she was always reading, apparently there at John's request (imagine trying to work with your spouse at your side all the time!). I give her contribution a plus here instead of a minus.

If you watch any of the footage of she and John guest hosting The Mike Douglas show, she pays attention to the concerns of others, and always gives thoughtful replies. She does not come off as the controlling monster of myth and legend.

• edited July 2022

@richardyot said:
    Yeah the granny music really grates me. Abbey Road would be the perfect album, if it wasn’t for Maxwells Silver Hammer.

But Paul is awesome, the medley on the B side of Abbey Road is one of my favourite musical pieces of all time, and it’s mostly Paul.

I always call the music hall-derived stuff “straw hat music”
    Ronnie Laine was unfortunately always susceptible to its “charms”
    Ray Davies also explored this aspect, but his genius transcended it.

• edited July 2022

@MarkR said:

@Masanga said:

...>
    . I've read that Ob La Di was another one that drove Lennon mad. According to Wikipedia: "Out of frustration at being made to continually work on the song, he went straight to the piano and played the opening chords louder and faster than before, in what MacDonald describes as a "mock music-hall" style. Lennon claimed that this was how the song should be played, and it became the version that the Beatles ended up using." (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ob-La-Di,_Ob-La-Da#Recording)

I was unfamiliar with ska when I first heard the white album, and thought the song was supposed to be some leaden “oompah” music.
    It sticks out like a goofy sore thumb.

• @abf said:
    I've never been a big Beatles fan, except I've always liked Ringo. I found Get Back alternately very tedious and very interesting.

I was surprised to see how competitive they were, barely interested in each other's new songs. Paul is clearly very talented and hard working. George seemed perpetually angry and humorless. John, whose solo records I quite like, irritated me so much I could barely watch. He kept interrupting the creative flow with bad three chord rock songs, childrens rhymes, silly voices, and loads of stoned gibberish. Paul had many excellent musical ideas that were ignored by the huge egos in the room.

Yoko and Linda were enjoyable, Yoko must feel vindicated after all the misogynist hate misdirected at her over the years, Mal Evans was sweet, Michael Lindsay-Hogg was comically dumb and childish. The concert on the roof was fun.

Lindsay-Hogg is also possibly Orson Welles’ biological child.

• @JeffChasteen said:
    Lindsay-Hogg is also possibly Orson Welles’ biological child.

I thought you were kidding because of the strong resemblance, but I just looked it up!

• @JeffChasteen said:
    If you watch any of the footage of she and John guest hosting The Mike Douglas show, she pays attention to the concerns of others, and always gives thoughtful replies. She does not come off as the controlling monster of myth and legend.

Watch Yoko's doco film about John's "Lost Weekend" with May Pang - talk about re-writing history.