Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Flow Machines (Auv3) by Sony Computer Science Laboratories, Inc. - Free in the japanese app store

Comments

• @jebni said:
    I haven’t seen the app, but given the enthusiasm people here have for apps like Riffler, Riffler, Piano Motifs, etc., why is this one any different?

This.

• @ervin said:

@jebni said:
    I haven’t seen the app, but given the enthusiasm people here have for apps like Riffler, Riffler, Piano Motifs, etc., why is this one any different?

This.

Looks really interesting to me. Can't understand all the hostility. People probably complained about drum machines and sequencers when they were first introduced. Noone has to use it if they don't like the idea!

• Time to post the story about the drummer needing to skin a goat.

• I'm dragging the MIDI about the screen but can't figure out how to drop it somewhere else...
    slip me a clue. Has anyone got an AUv3 instance to send MIDI? I like the compositions and
    would like to get the MIDI out to try it for motifs in StaffPad.

• edited October 2021

@McD said:
    I'm dragging the MIDI about the screen but can't figure out how to drop it somewhere else...
    slip me a clue. Has anyone got an AUv3 instance to send MIDI? I like the compositions and

If you open the files app in slide over, then you can drag the midi file there:

• edited October 2021

@McD said:
    I'm dragging the MIDI about the screen but can't figure out how to drop it somewhere else...

Or you can tap and hold the midi file, press home button and open another app ( in this example AUM and LK) and then drop the midi file in LK:

• @White said:

@McD said:

Or you can tap and hold the midi file, press home button and open another app ( in this example AUM and LK) and then drop the midi file in LK:

wow, @White where are You from? :) Do You know list of countries that the app is available? Someone said that it is available in US store

• Hope this appears in the UK store
    Looks alright

• @MAtrixplan said:

@White said:

@McD said:

wow, @White where are You from? :) Do You know list of countries that the app is available? Someone said that it is available in US store

I'm from Denmark and the app is not in the danish app store, but I have a japanese apple id too (because I wanted to buy Yamaha Vocaloid Mobile Editor) 😊 So I just logged out of my danish account and into the japanese and downloaded the app and then switched back to my danish account again.

I think it's only available in the US and Japanese app store 🤔

• Can anyone tell me why certain apps are blocked from some countries. Could understand if the block was North Korea, China or Russia, on a pseudo political level for some weird reason. But serriouly, what do they think the UK is going to do with it?

• @White said:

@McD said:

If you open the files app in slide over, then you can drag the midi file there:

Thanks! I was trying to open MIDI Target apps in slide over... now I need to see if "slide over"
    is the same as the split screen workflow I learned to add Piano Motifs to an AUM session.
    If not, I can Google "Slide Over" and figure this out.

I'm looking forward to see what kind of gems I get from the app in MIDI format. Using MIDI
    to avoid all the handwriting in Staffpad is a time saver... the pencil is so fiddly and prone to
    a lot of frustration.

• McDMcD
    edited October 2021

@White said:

@McD said:

Oh! Another useful User Interface tip I didn't understand. Nice. LK is great for getting MIDI into AUM sessions. I like to load up a ton of Piano Motifs variations into LK and see which combinations work well together. So, doing this with Flow Machines MIDI "parts" will be cool.

• I don't think there's anything necessarily wrong with the emergence of new technologies, but who's going to listen to all of this algorithmically-generated music? I'd rather listen to the Velvet Underground.

What's next? The algorithmic novel?
    https://jamesreasoner.blogspot.com/2012/02/how-to-write-pulp-western-ben-haas.html

• In case anyone missed the link in the app description:

https://www.flow-machines.com/

• @colonel_mustard said:
    I don't think there's anything necessarily wrong with the emergence of new technologies, but who's going to listen to all of this algorithmically-generated music? I'd rather listen to the Velvet Underground.

https://jamesreasoner.blogspot.com/2012/02/how-to-write-pulp-western-ben-haas.html

And AI to write the news:

https://blogs.lse.ac.uk/polis/2021/03/01/bbc-news-labs-is-building-the-tools-to-semi-automate-journalism/

My guess is that AI will consume all this AI generated content.

• Who is to blame (sue) if it breaches copyright?

• @Jocphone said:

@colonel_mustard said:
    I don't think there's anything necessarily wrong with the emergence of new technologies, but who's going to listen to all of this algorithmically-generated music? I'd rather listen to the Velvet Underground.

https://blogs.lse.ac.uk/polis/2021/03/01/bbc-news-labs-is-building-the-tools-to-semi-automate-journalism/

Can't they just copy/paste Reuters?

• @colonel_mustard said:

@Jocphone said:

@colonel_mustard said:

They have to add their own bias.

• @Jocphone said:

@colonel_mustard said:

@Jocphone said:

@colonel_mustard said:

They have to add their own bias.

Gotcha ;)

• @Toastedghost said:
    Can anyone tell me why certain apps are blocked from some countries. Could understand if the block was North Korea, China or Russia, on a pseudo political level for some weird reason. But serriouly, what do they think the UK is going to do with it?

Well, the UK would probably break, or threaten to break, all international agreements it negotiated and signed related to this thing, so that one's actually understandable. 🤷

Seriously though, it seems more like a very limited introduction than a case of blocking specific countries. It's not available in Belgium either, and who has any issues with the Belgians? :smiley:

• @ervin said:
    Seriously though, it seems more like a very limited introduction than a case of blocking specific countries. It's not available in Belgium either, and who has any issues with the Belgians? :smiley:

Oh, I don't know...mayonnaise on french fries is pretty suspicious...

• @lasselu said:

@ervin said:

You spelled delicious wrong!

• @MAtrixplan said:
    I don't see this app in my App store yet (EU)

Same here in Germany

• So once you sign up you have full access?

• @ervin said:

@lasselu said:

@ervin said:

You spelled delicious wrong!

Lol

• @ervin said:

@Toastedghost said:
    Can anyone tell me why certain apps are blocked from some countries. Could understand if the block was North Korea, China or Russia, on a pseudo political level for some weird reason. But serriouly, what do they think the UK is going to do with it?

Well, the UK would probably break, or threaten to break, all international agreements it negotiated and signed related to this thing, so that one's actually understandable. 🤷

It’s called “doing a Boris”

• @charalew said:

@ervin said:

@jebni said:

This.

Looks really interesting to me. Can't understand all the hostility. People probably complained about drum machines and sequencers when they were first introduced. Noone has to use it if they don't like the idea!

You will use it and you will like it! ;)

• @lasselu said:

@ervin said:

Ugh. Isn't that a Canadian thing? Or is it cheese curds and fries?

• This app has some similarities with several apps I have such as ChordJam and Touchscaper, and even Gestrument.

Signup was painless.

There are three AUv3 MIDI plugins: bass, chord, and melody. However, I can't get them to function in apeMatrix. Time to report some bugs.

• @charalew said:
    People probably complained about drum machines and sequencers when they were first introduced. Noone has to use it if they don't like the idea!

This afternoon I went for a walk and was listening to a radio program (from the 1990s) about the famous record producer Glyn Johns and he was moaning about there being too many gadgets and new equipment in the studio. He was saying that 24 track is too much and 16 should be the maximum (I think Tony Visconti said the same thing). His point was all the hi tech stuff draws out the recording sessions from weeks to months.

Not sure what he would think about all the toys available now. I guess today you can do 90% of stuff at home on your computer even before you go near a real studio - if you go near one at all.