Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Flow Machines (Auv3) by Sony Computer Science Laboratories, Inc. - Free in the japanese app store

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1495767411

Description:

Let's try AI assisted compose using Flow Machines Mobile.
Added support for Drag & Drop feature.

Flow Machines is a research, development, and social implementation project that aims to expand the creativity of creators in music. FlowMachines is working with creators to generate new music using cutting-edge machine learning technology.

Main Features of Flow Machines Mobile

• Compose melodies according to the creators’ intentions
  • create your Original style palette
  • Style palette with over 100 presets
  • Adjustment function by composition parameters
  • Save as favorite function
  • Re-compose only specific measures

Notes

Details:
Universal: No
Minimum OS version: 13.2
Rated: 0 based on 0 votes

Comments

• It can be loaded as an Audio unit midi processor in AUM:

• Got it in the U.S. store, as well.

• I don't see this app in my App store yet (EU)

• Interesting.

• seems cool, but loads empty as AU

• Plain silly. This is research and development money misspent, even if the idea is interesting.

• I don’t get it. I mean I have the app, but what the heck..

• @shinyisshiny said:
    seems cool, but loads empty as AU

Seem like issues with the AU..

• @Edward_Alexander said:
    I don’t get it. I mean I have the app, but what the heck..

I’m with ya. I don’t think there is a lot to get. I can’t wrap my head around what the point of this is. I understand how to use it. I’m just not sure why to use it.

• edited October 2021

@Edward_Alexander said:
    I don’t get it. I mean I have the app, but what the heck..

Supposedly....

• Compose melodies based on creators’ intentions. By selecting style and chord progression, AI will analyze various music and suggest 4 or 8 bar melody based on the constructed musical rules

• Create your original Style Palette. By training your original melody to Flow Machines, you can make your own Style Palette which creates new melody based on your style

• 100+ Style Palette Presets. There are over 100 presets of Style Palette such as “Pop” or “EDM” Infinite number of melodies can be suggested from each Style Palette

It is not in the Australian app store so I haven't tried it yet.

Tutorial with sub titles:

• So basically this app composes the music for you…

I have no further questions…

• edited October 2021

I”m going to take a wild guess and say this might be a platform for training this machine learning system to replace musicians eventually. It’s really just a matter of time.

• you can replace musicians, but you cannot replace taste

• edited October 2021

@shinyisshiny said:
    you can replace musicians, but you cannot replace taste

You will be able to eventually. Machine learning systems will eventually lead to artificial intelligence around 2045 (if current technological trends continue). Years before that there will be expert systems capable of outperforming the best people in the world at their jobs… from doctors to lawyers to musicians to artists. Anything that can be digitized and analyzed can be taught to a machine learning system. In fact, those things which define “gifted” people can also be taught to machine learning systems.

• Oh my goodness, this looks crazy, free in USA, although I’m not quality sure what I’m looking at? Time to open it up…

• This is where tecnology kills art

• I haven’t seen the app, but given the enthusiasm people here have for apps like Riffler, Riffler, Piano Motifs, etc., why is this one any different?

• I also find such an app very strange. You work out the chords and a beat and then you let the machine create a melody? That feels like skipping the fun part which is jamming to your song basics. I can only think of use cases where people do commercial mass production of songs, e.g. for ads or film scores. Nothing for me.

• You still get to choose the sound/patch that is actually on each track right? 😄 I think it will probably be OK. You still have to arrange it into something that is actually appealing to the listener. I don’t think it can do that for you. I think I would be using it as a tool in the old bag as as opposed to a stand-alone. It’s not quite at the stage yet where it is randomising a whole song . You maybe just need to see yourself as a ‘music producer’ as opposed to a ‘musician’ if you are using it. Is that fair?

@jebni said:
    I haven’t seen the app, but given the enthusiasm people here have for apps like Riffler, Riffler, Piano Motifs, etc., why is this one any different?

• edited October 2021

@michael_m said:
    So basically this app composes the music for you…

I have no further questions…

So, basically another “Riffer”, “Piano Motifs”, “Suggester”, “ArpBud”, “Rosetta bassline” or any number of the other generative midi auv3 apps with a “randomise” feature that we all know and love?

You notice how we’re seeing this more and more in auv3? Apps to generate our chord structures & melodies for us, apps to generate beats for us (“Patterning”, “Playbeat”, “MidEastDrummer”, “Beatly Pro” etc) & synths with “intelligent” randomisers to create our sounds for us (“Flowtones”, “Shockwave”, “Poison-202”, “Megellan2” to name a few off the top of my head).

See what I’m getting at here?

For many I think making music is actually remixing and arranging someone else’s ideas & sounds, that “someone else” being human or an app.

(I’m ok with this, btw - producing music this way is obviously just as legit as sitting there at the piano with sheet paper and a pen, and if it gives joy to the creator or the listener then great 👍)

But I find it interesting that we dismiss THIS particular app for composing the music for us.

• @sharifkerbage said:
    This is where tecnology kills art

The art of the Chocolate Ear

• @jebni said:
    I haven’t seen the app, but given the enthusiasm people here have for apps like Riffler, Riffler, Piano Motifs, etc., why is this one any different?

Sorry - hadn’t seen your post but my post shows I clearly agree (my post takes it further too, into sound creation & beat making too)

• I have been following this project for years. I have signed up to their info mailing list and been in contact with the head of the Japanese team spearheading the project asking for more information as to when it would be available to the public (who told me to sign up to the mailing list), and THIS FORUM is where I hear about it finally being released, lol.

• edited October 2021

Some of the naysayers on the legitimacy of musicians finding inspiration in generative tech had ought to watch this video:

Bowie would be excited to watch the development of machine learning as it is progresses today.

• @farfromsubtle said:
    Bowie would be excited to watch the development of machine learning as it is progresses today.

Interesting video! Thank you for this one...

• I was interested enough in trying this to download it, but requesting a login on launch is a big "nope" for me.

• @farfromsubtle
    Dude... loved this! Thanks

• Has anyone figured out how to use the audio units?

They are audio unit midi processors, but they doesn't seem to have midi out.

I can get it to compose something, but how can I use it when it doesn't have midi out?

• @White
    I have the same issue with the Audio Unit, but another option that worked for me is I opened the app and then used the Drag and Drop feature to drag a song’s MIDI data to Helium ( or any other app that accepts MIDI data/files)

• @Musicfan said:
    @White
    I have the same issue with the Audio Unit, but another option that worked for me is I opened the app and then used the Drag and Drop feature to drag a song’s MIDI data to Helium ( or any other app that accepts MIDI data/files)

Good to know it's not just me, who has issues with the audio unit 😊 Yes, the drag and drop feature works fine. Thanks for the reply 👍

I think the app generates some very nice melodies.