Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MIDI transpose for single midi channel

Hi,
Newbie here.

I want to use a multi-timbal organ App that has 3 midi channels for upper, lower, bass. Midi channels 1,2,3. I want to transpose +1 octave, just midi channel 2 ( lower manual ) leaving channels 1,3 unaltered. I have midiflow’s Transposer but it appears that it transposes all incoming midi channels. So far the only way I can raise just the lower manual of the organ is by running two instances of the organ App, where one instance notes on midi channel 2 are raised by an octave and where I mute channel 1,3. The other instance of the App has channel 2 muted. It works but is less than ideal.

Would it be possible to use Midiflow’s router to route channel 2 through the Transposer leaving channels 1 & 3 unchanged? If not does anyone know how to transpose the notes of a single midi channel on IOS leaving all the other channels unchanged.

Thanks IA, Thomas

Comments

  • You could use Streambyter to transpose note on massages on channel 2 by +12.

    Some useful info here: https://audeonic.boards.net
    Search for "transpose" and you'll get lots of great examples, like this one:

    N0 3C-48 = X3 +T-12 # Transpose channel 01 notes C3-C4 down one octave and remap to channel 04

  • wimwim
    edited September 23

    Which organ app? What host? Where is the midi coming from?

    That detail should help to answer the question better.

  • Thanks,
    The Keyboard is a Yamaha CVP210 Clavinova. It is connected to my IPad using Irig2. The organ apps are either vb3m and also separately IKMultimedia’s B-3X. Both Apps are Clonewheel Organ ( Hammond type organs )
    I load them into Audiobus3. Neither of the Apps make provision for raising the octaves of the left of split, lower manual keys.

  • edited September 23

    @electrosim2001 Sorry, what I wrote was only wishful thinking, a feature that wasn't implemented yet.
    The factory preset "Dynamic Transposer" is probably a better start.

    ~~You can load the Streambyter MIDI processor in Audiobus and in your case, the code should (hopefully) look like this:
    N1 01-FF = X1 +T+12

    N1: Note messages on MIDI channel 2 (in the code, channels start at 0)
    01-FF: Note range 1-127
    X1: Remap to channel 2
    +T+12: Transpose by +12~~

  • Many thanks for the info RS2000.
    I hadn't a clue as to how to programme it.
    I'll try it out later and report back.

  • Hi RS2000. I keyed in the instructions but got error message? I tried a random ( test factory ) preset and that worked OK. I looked at how things are entered. # in front denotes written details of parameter ( that Streambyter ignores? ) and keyed in END on the next line after instructions. Bit stuck now but can see that it's possible for the App to do what I want.

  • @electrosim2001 said:
    Hi RS2000. I keyed in the instructions but got error message? I tried a random ( test factory ) preset and that worked OK. I looked at how things are entered. # in front denotes written details of parameter ( that Streambyter ignores? ) and keyed in END on the next line after instructions. Bit stuck now but can see that it's possible for the App to do what I want.

    The lines beginning with "#" are comments, ignored by the processor. Respectfully, I don't believe "T" works in a Rule. I don't think there is a transpose method in the Rules. The following ought to work.

    If MT < A0      # 80 and 90 are note off/on
      If MC == 1        # MIDI channel 2
        Math M1 = M1 + $12      # transpose note one 8va
      End
    End
    

    Remember to Install Rules to activate (compile) this.

  • Thanks Uncledave
    Sadly I got 'error' on 2nd and 3rd line?

    I thought it might have been relatively simple to simply raise by one or two octaves, a single midi channel.
    It's very frustrating. Only one organ App in the App Store has made allowance for this, the cheapest one LOL.
    That one is OK but isn't as good as the others.

    I can play the organ as is, but using split keyboard, I can only make use of drawbars down to the 4' drawbar because
    I'm playing the ( left of split ) accompaniment keyboard manual, an octave lower than I would, playing a full dual manual organ.
    The 4 ' is sounding as an 8'. 8' would sound like a 16' and it's too low.

  • @electrosim2001 said:
    Thanks Uncledave
    Sadly I got 'error' on 2nd and 3rd line?

    I thought it might have been relatively simple to simply raise by one or two octaves, a single midi channel.
    It's very frustrating. Only one organ App in the App Store has made allowance for this, the cheapest one LOL.
    That one is OK but isn't as good as the others.

    I can play the organ as is, but using split keyboard, I can only make use of drawbars down to the 4' drawbar because
    I'm playing the ( left of split ) accompaniment keyboard manual, an octave lower than I would, playing a full dual manual organ.
    The 4 ' is sounding as an 8'. 8' would sound like a 16' and it's too low.

    Uncle Dave's code worked for me. What error do you get? Does it happen when you tap I stall Rules?

    Did you type or copy/paste?

    Take a screen shot of the StreamByter with the reported error codes?

  • I had been using a separate tablet on this forum and had hand keyed in the info. I have now copied and pasted instead and, fantastic it’s worked. Many thanks to you all and especially Uncledave.
    I’m so pleased. :-)

    If MT < A0 # 80 and 90 are note off/on
    If MC == 1 # MIDI channel 2
    Math M1 = M1 + $12 # transpose note one 8va
    End
    End Yay.

  • @electrosim2001 said:
    I had been using a separate tablet on this forum and had hand keyed in the info. I have now copied and pasted instead and, fantastic it’s worked. Many thanks to you all and especially Uncledave.
    I’m so pleased. :-)

    If MT < A0 # 80 and 90 are note off/on
    If MC == 1 # MIDI channel 2
    Math M1 = M1 + $12 # transpose note one 8va
    End
    End Yay.

    Great! The Streambyter compiler is pretty fussy about its syntax.

  • Great! The Streambyter compiler is pretty fussy about its syntax.

    I was pretty sure I had keyed it in correctly :-(. But obviously I’d done something wrong. Many thanks Uncledave. It makes such a difference. I’ve actually upped it by 2 octaves now and can utilise the full range of drawbars.

Sign In or Register to comment.