Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Bluetooth speakers with AUX in?

edited June 2021 in Other

I got an Anker Soundcore 2 for traveling. When I want to do music stuff, I plug it in to my iPad or synths via the AUX cable. Unfortunately, even when hardwired in, there's 30ms of latency. Anyone have any suggestions for acceptable sounding sub-$50 BT speakers with a low to no latency aux input?

Edited seconds to milliseconds

Comments

• @slicetwo said:
    I got an Anker Soundcore 2 for traveling. When I want to do music stuff, I plug it in to my iPad or synths via the AUX cable. Unfortunately, even when hardwired in, there's 30s of latency. Anyone have any suggestions for acceptable sounding sub-$50 BT speakers with a low to no latency aux input?

30 s latency sounds extreme for a direct analog connection. Even 30 ms would be long. Are you sure there's not something else going on?

• I have a similar Anker Soundcore (Motion+) and there is absolutely no discernable latency over AUX cable.

Your stated 30ms (is this a guess?) sounds like you are still connecting over bluetooth. Maybe try manually disconnecting the device in your iPad's Bluetooth settings?

For a wired connection, I would expect any audio latency to be less than 1-2ms, and far too quick for any human ear to notice.

• I have a Toshiba TY-WSP61, bought it 4 years ago for 50$. Super reliable, and never experienced latency will connected via AUX. The only thing I can complain about is that it doesn’t have an audio out jack.

• @slicetwo Do you mean there's a delay waking the thing up from sleep? Lots of battery powered gear goes to sleep when there's no signal, to save battery. You may need to hit the Power button, or play a short phrase, to wake it up.

• edited June 2021

@uncledave @tk32 @Hursoom I meant 30ms. Anker confirmed via email that the AUX port does have that much latency. I'm def not connected via BT since the Medusa doesn't have that fanciness.

Soooo... Suggestions on a replacement around $50 or less?

• edited March 2023

Latency is one of the reasons I never use Bluetooth audio devices, especially earphones. It’s not that bad while listening to music, but when you are a gamer, you want the sound response to be as fast as possible.

• @caselounsbery said:
    Latency is one of the reasons I never use Bluetooth audio devices, especially earphones. It’s not that bad while listening to music, but when you are a gamer like me, you want the sound to be as fast as possible. Your success in the game depends on that.
    I rent a new flat now and want to install speakers in the living room. The room size is approximately 340 square feet. There is a cupboard, a table and a sofa in there. Not much furniture, in other words. I need speakers that would produce a soft and not very loud sound so I don’t disturb my neighbors. What can you suggest?

You might want to start a new thread for this, since the topic here was very specific.

What will you be using these speakers for: A/V receiver, PC gaming, iPad music apps, etc.?

Are you looking for powered speakers, or will you use an amp?

What size are you looking for: desktop (2-3"), medium (4-6"), floor-standing?

What sort of budget? <$100, >$1000, somewhere in between?

A store like Sweetwater is a good place to look for music monitor speakers, better than Best Buy.

• @caselounsbery said:
    Latency is one of the reasons I never use Bluetooth audio devices, especially earphones. It’s not that bad while listening to music, but when you are a gamer like me, you want the sound to be as fast as possible. Your success in the game depends on that.
    I rent a new flat now and want to install speakers in the living room. The room size is approximately 340 square feet. There is a cupboard, a table and a sofa in there. Not much furniture, in other words. I need speakers that would produce a soft and not very loud sound so I don’t disturb my neighbors. What can you suggest?

Are you wanting it to listen to music? If so I can’t recommend Soundcore enough. Sounds great and is a third of the price of its competitors. The Select Pro/Motion Boom and Motion+ sound excellent and the app has a 10 band EQ.

• wimwim
    edited October 2022

Looks like one poster found the Soundcore Motion+ had quite low latency.

• @wim said:
    Looks like one poster found the Soundcore Motion+ had quite low latency.

I got that one a few months ago and us it all the time. It’s pretty good for what it is.

• I use a Soundcore Motion+ with my Air 3 and Korg Microkey for gigs in small spaces, connected by cable, of course. No latency that I can detect. I quite like that it's so small I can put everything in my backpack and ride my bike to the gig. ;)