Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Slammer - Drum Instrument by Klevgränd produkter AB

Comments

• McDMcD
    edited April 2021

That's epic... did you do it in one take? Can you describe your controller hardware?

You have inspired me to make a simple Moziac MIDI rhythm generator:

Knob 1 - Channel
    Knob 2 - Note
    Knob 3 - Pattern Template Number
    Knob 4 - Pattern Length
    Knob 5 - Note Lengths (accents in the Patterns too?)
    Knob 6 - PPQN
    Knob 7 - Volume
    Knob 8 - Pattern Progression

Then I'll crank up 3-10 of them and dial in something interesting. The main benefit is the polyrhythms off mixed PPQN's that are difficult if not impossible in MIDI sequencers... 2:3, 3:4, 3:5, etc.

I think all the patterns should be defined to the max PPQN value which will probably be 12. Note sure yet.

• BETA TEST of 5 DMachines into 2 Slammers and a Piano:

• I like your Slammer outputs, @McD. You should check out the album Dysnomia by Dawn of Midi, if you haven’t already.

• @McD said:
    I got around to using Funk Drummer to create 2 MIDI Loops for 2 Slammer instances.

I bring the 2nd instance in after 8 bars. Kit 1 is a tight drum set and kit #2 is wooden hoop sticks centric:

Cool!
    Add two weird odd meter breaks and you have a Zappa jam!!

• Slammers, Drum Computer, Pure Piano and iSymphonic Strings driven mad by
    4 DMachines and 1 ZMachine with knobs being dialed by LFO's (Rozeta).

• edited April 2021

@bleep said:
    I like your Slammer outputs, @McD. You should check out the album Dysnomia by Dawn of Midi, if you haven’t already.

Seconded. Somewhat similar in sound to your experiments, and very very good music in its own right.

https://dawnofmidi.bandcamp.com/album/dysnomia

• @celtic_elk said:

@bleep said:
    You should check out the album Dysnomia by Dawn of Midi, if you haven’t already.

Seconded.

Oh Yes! Lot's of great ideas in this music to inspire new variations of my scripts.
    Thanks for the tip.

• Is the DMachine different from the patchstorage ZMachine script?

• Btw, maybe some more script inspiration from this short text on the album: https://brettworks.com/2013/08/20/on-african-and-electronic-music-influences-in-dawn-of-midis-dysnomia/

• McDMcD
    edited April 2021

@bleep said:
    Is the DMachine different from the patchstorage ZMachine script?

Yes. But I'll upload the script to patch storage soon.

The ZMachine changes melodies. The DMachines apply rhythms to a single note so you can set up up for a bass drum, one for a snare, one for closed hat, etc. Or just send a bunch at a good drum app... Slammer in this example.

There's a funk drummer in there too with the Slammer wooden patterns.

• @bleep said:
    Btw, maybe some more script inspiration from this short text on the album: https://brettworks.com/2013/08/20/on-african-and-electronic-music-influences-in-dawn-of-midis-dysnomia/

Yes... my latest auto-generated example just screams african roots at me.

• @McD said:

@bleep said:

Nice. Looking forward to it.

• McDMcD
    edited April 2021

@bleep said:

@McD said:

@bleep said:

Nice. Looking forward to it.

It's up. Run more than one and dial each in to make a composite "drum machine" sequencer. Make sure each one is on a different note. The Root and Transpose can change the note output.

https://patchstorage.com/dmachines/

• My review
    Well i went ahead and picked this up cuz i love drums and hate digging thru folders for samples LOL basically grabbed it out of pure laziness , the design attraction and developer support as klev has always been key in the iOS world.
    it makes it easy to just get sound moving and not have to think too much. The app is not necessarily essential but i feel like it’s going to get a lot of use from me. Can get some unique percussion going with that found sounds feel.
    Id like to be able to tap the drum icon to hear it rather than have to use a sequencer or another app to trigger it but that’s the way these apps work so I’ll deal with it. It would also be nice to have a reverb and delay option for each sound rather than the main output. Work arounds are easy but require more set up and cpu.
    If you like percussion and want something different then a 909 sound, get it.

• Can see the benefit of sequencing as an app to switch song kit but is it worth it just for sampling elsewhere. What other apps are also good for sampling. Not usual drums/sounds.

• Heads up, I think the intro sale lasts until May 3rd. Good idea to buy this weekend.

• If I bought this. Even if I just sampled. Would it be good purchase but with drumjam and IAP. Rather than lumabeat apps. Obviously trying to save money. Will check for more apps also. Iv got loads of usualdrum machines plus a volca drum.

• Bought. Sounds good. I think Id find additional sounds or buy Drumperfect pro and iap.

• Does it have multi-bus output support?

• edited May 2021

@soundtemple said:
    Does it have multi-bus output support?

No 😢.
    The reason is because the output compression + reverb “contributes so much to the sound” that by bypassing them with individual outputs, this introduces too much trouble. That is, according to KG.

These are somewhat heavy plugins though, and it’s just insane how limiting a stereo output is. No way to sidechain anything to the kick, impossible to add delay or alternative spaces to a snare or some hats. This really needs to be optimized.

If you’d like to see multibus support, please write to Klevgrand. Ting, Slammer and Skaka would all benefit immensely with individual output routing - even if it means bypassing or losing the inbuilt fx (reverb, comp and global EQ).
    (Who uses built in fx these days though, seriously??)

• @aleyas ah ok bummer. I agree with your sentiments.

Maybe I'll send them a message to add to the list of people wanting it. Maybe it'll happen one day.

• FPCFPC
    edited May 2021

Wow B)

Bought this last night, not knowing anything about it. Bought because I really loved Skaka and I was drinking...

First impression was massive disappointment: 9.99 for some drum samples! But once I'd dived in I was blown away. What a brilliant bit of software, so much control. I can see this being a game changer for me.

• edited May 2021

@FPC said:
    Wow B)

Bought this last night, not knowing anything about it. Bought because I really loved Skaka and I was drinking...

First impression was massive disappointment: 9.99 for some drum samples! But once I'd dived in I was blown away. What a brilliant bit of software, so much control. I can see this being a game changer for me.

now you've done it. you used the g___ c___ word ...

• @mrufino1 said:
    I’m definitely getting this when finances allow. Torn between getting it for Mac or iOS, but leaning towards iOS because it seems fun on an iPad and I can use IDAM to get it in logic.

I did say immediately that I thought of Tom Waits, but I just had Doug’s video on in the car to listen and it gets the vibe of the percussion on Breaking the Girl by the Chili Peppers. If you’ve seen what they used to get those sounds, this is very similar, in a good way.

If the finances are a concern, you might want to grab it while it's still on sale.
    through May 3rd i believe.

• @BitterGums said:

@mrufino1 said:
    I’m definitely getting this when finances allow. Torn between getting it for Mac or iOS, but leaning towards iOS because it seems fun on an iPad and I can use IDAM to get it in logic.

I did say immediately that I thought of Tom Waits, but I just had Doug’s video on in the car to listen and it gets the vibe of the percussion on Breaking the Girl by the Chili Peppers. If you’ve seen what they used to get those sounds, this is very similar, in a good way.

If the finances are a concern, you might want to grab it while it's still on sale.
    through May 3rd i believe.

I bought it on Mac

• What are you all using to sequence this? Is anything optimal and perfect for you?

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    What are you all using to sequence this? Is anything optimal and perfect for you?

Logic, sometimes playing it with pass, sometimes letting the logic drummer play the part and converting that to midi.

• I've been exporting midi from Soft Drummer and importing it into Atom 2. That has a lot of velocity nuance which makes the multi sampling in Slammer sound pretty good.