Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Slammer - Drum Instrument by Klevgränd produkter AB

Comments

• Here’s a few various loops from the presets with occasional adjustments, some are more clean than others https://www.dropbox.com/s/zzhyi3b1ofd3bm7/Slammer.zip?dl=0

• This developers drum apps are amazing. Good complementary app for Skaka.

Would be great to see an other app based on world instruments .

• @Jeezs said:
    Does is sound natural when hitting the same note at the same velocity or does it sound like a machine gun. In other word is there any round Robin on samples. For now most drums libraries on iOS sound very mechanical.
    All demos of slammer have bass reverb it is hard to have an idea of the sample quality.

I tested this out, repeated hits at the same velocity. There are definitely round robin layers. I can't say how many for sure, but it sounded like at least 3 or 4 minimum, with random robin playback. X that with the multiple velocity layers, and it's quite dynamic.

• @aleyas said:

@Jeezs said:
    Does is sound natural when hitting the same note at the same velocity or does it sound like a machine gun. In other word is there any round Robin on samples. For now most drums libraries on iOS sound very mechanical.
    All demos of slammer have bass reverb it is hard to have an idea of the sample quality.

I tested this out, repeated hits at the same velocity. There are definitely round robin layers. I can't say how many for sure, but it sounded like at least 3 or 4 minimum, with random robin playback. X that with the multiple velocity layers, and it's quite dynamic.

That's great. I actually wish there was a regular AUv3 acoustic drum app with round-robin layers, there's a gap in the market there. Something just like Slammer but with a multi-sampled acoustic drum kit.

• Something was bugging me about the demos for this, and I figured out it was because I wasn't hearing anything like a hi-hat. Klevgrand's SoundCloud demos do a pretty good job at showing off what Slammer can do, but there's nothing with a consistent hi-hat sound until way down the set list below. There are 16 demos there -- all around a minute or less.

• @aleyas said:

@Jeezs said:

Thanks for the answer.
    Now I have to buy it 😉

• @supadom said:
    And there’s me thinking it’s going to be an iOS first velocity sampled acoustic drum kit. Mmmmm

I’ve already sampled the hell out of buckets and radiators.

Edit: ah ok, I see there is a few actual drum samples.

Yes, but they are Swedish buckets and radiators!

• @richardyot said:

@aleyas said:

@Jeezs said:

That's great. I actually wish there was a regular AUv3 acoustic drum app with round-robin layers, there's a gap in the market there. Something just like Slammer but with a multi-sampled acoustic drum kit.

I solved this with AudioLayer. Just find the SFZ drum kit of your choice and done. I still like the Klevgrand apps UI better though and the ease of having it all set up is worth $10 to me.

• They say Skaka has more than 2000 samples, organized in 8 velocity layers with 30 round-robin samples per layer. Slammer also has more than 2000 samples. It covers 30 instruments, where Skaka has 8, so the round-robin count for Slammer is maybe approx 8 to match the total number of samples (8 layers * 8 round-robin * 30 instruments for Slammer, and 8 layers * 30 round-robin * 8 instruments for Skaka).

• I love the concept behind these sampler apps.
    Do I need it?
    I have various sampler libraries that include these kind of sounds.
    I can build Drambo kits with them and add all the effects and stuff.
    Would I rather pay 8€ to have a curated set of excellent sounds and have everything working smoothly out of the box?. Totally!. For that small price you save a ton of work and obtain a far superior result.

That said, I wish they’d release this multiple velocity very well laid out UI as an app where you could load your own samples. The only dedicated app that can do this in a similar fashion that I know of is DigiStix, great app but very intuitive UI.

• edited April 2021

@tahiche said:
    That said, I wish they’d release this multiple velocity very well laid out UI as an app where you could load your own samples.

I can see why you want that, but for the developers it is probably quite some work to get the UI and workflow right, and only a long stream of bug fixes and feature requests down the line. With the current setup, they have a good revenue stream by using their internal engine to sample new instruments and provide curated sample sets at an affordable price. I think the Skaka intro price was good and on-spot, but it is a bit too expensive now.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @telecharge said:
    Something was bugging me about the demos for this, and I figured out it was because I wasn't hearing anything like a hi-hat. Klevgrand's SoundCloud demos do a pretty good job at showing off what Slammer can do, but there's nothing with a consistent hi-hat sound until way down the set list below. There are 16 demos there -- all around a minute or less.

There are a couple sounds that can be made to sound hi hattish. This was something that jumped out to me as well, I do a lot of hip hop beats and well, you gotta have those hats!

@richardyot said:

@aleyas said:

@Jeezs said:

I agree! I would love to see an electronic and acoustic app that operates just like this with more traditional sounds. The electronic version would maybe be tougher to pull off without releasing packs to add on later (I personally get bored with e drums very quickly and feel like I need to mix it up pretty much every session, less so with solid acoustics for whatever reason).

This app is a winner in my book. I like it better than Ting and will probably use it more than Skaka. They’re all great though!

Oh yeah and....

More voices for Pipa would be sweet!

• Love it! Very organic sounding.

• Tribal industrial chaos here I come

• I’m definitely getting this when finances allow. Torn between getting it for Mac or iOS, but leaning towards iOS because it seems fun on an iPad and I can use IDAM to get it in logic.

I did say immediately that I thought of Tom Waits, but I just had Doug’s video on in the car to listen and it gets the vibe of the percussion on Breaking the Girl by the Chili Peppers. If you’ve seen what they used to get those sounds, this is very similar, in a good way.

• McDMcD
    edited April 2021

I got around to using Funk Drummer to create 2 MIDI Loops for 2 Slammer instances.

I bring the 2nd instance in after 8 bars. Kit 1 is a tight drum set and kit #2 is wooden hoop sticks centric:

• Dang, sounds great @McD

• McDMcD
    edited April 2021

Another one in a 12/8 feel:

• Bonus points for the title of the track.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Bonus points for the title of the track.

Thanks... sometimes I can make myself chuckle. This was one of those times.
    Since it's hardware this is really "OT"...

• edited April 2021

• Booooring.

• @oat_phipps said:
    Booooring.

Tell me more...

• @Fingolfinzz said:
    Here’s a few various loops from the presets with occasional adjustments, some are more clean than others https://www.dropbox.com/s/zzhyi3b1ofd3bm7/Slammer.zip?dl=0

This is great! Really get to hear these sounds thank ya

• edited April 2021

@McD said:

@oat_phipps said:
    Booooring.

Tell me more...

Not a fan. Another found sounds thingie. I can’t truly complain I guess, I knew damn well that I was pretty much buying out of brand loyalty.

I also don’t know of a 16-instrument drum sequencer without the clunkiness of using two MIDIdrums or Rozetas.

• @oat_phipps said:
    Not a fan. Another found sounds thingie. I can’t truly complain I guess, I knew damn well that I was pretty much buying out of brand loyalty.

I also don’t know of a 16-instrument drum sequencer without the clunkiness of using two MIDIdrums or Rozetas.

Thanks... I was hoping it was a "plumbing" joke given it's placement in the thread.
    Quelle Fromage.

I think the results are unintentionally hilarious. Which means I'll use it for that purpose...
    to make insane drummers. Like "Stomp" in the studio. Trash can lids and oil drums
    played with crescent wrenches.

I've thrown some random MIDI at Drum Computer too and achieved some epic weirdness
    without much effort.

• @McD said:
    I got around to using Funk Drummer to create 2 MIDI Loops for 2 Slammer instances.

I bring the 2nd instance in after 8 bars. Kit 1 is a tight drum set and kit #2 is wooden hoop sticks centric:

Nice groove, but the drums/percussion sound a bit thin and distant. Curious to know if you used any Slammer effects or other ones.

Still on the fence with this app.

• @telecharge said:
    Nice groove, but the drums/percussion sound a bit thin and distant. Curious to know if you used any Slammer effects or other ones.

I just loaded Funk Drummer MIDI export files into Atom 2 instance and pointed them at 2 Slammer instance and picked 2 interesting presets in Slammer.

Still on the fence with this app.

It's a bit of a one-trick pony... do you want a pony?

I've been pointing raw MIDI at a lot of my apps lately: Drum Computer, Pianos, Drum Perfect.
    Mostly because I've been experimenting with Moziac sequencing scripts.

• @McD Depends on on the pony. I've not played around with found sounds, but I'm curious to what extent the sounds in Slammer can be shaped with the on-board effects.