Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Song Of The Month Club - April 2021

13»

Comments

• @cargosofdoom said:
    ok here is mine it quite experimental- hope you like..

Some interesting sounds but it doesn’t really go anywhere.

• @Hursoom said:
    Here’s my entry for this month. I hope you enjoy it!

An interesting piece with some cool sounds, textures and rhythms. Had bit of a prog vibe to it.

• @Sabicas said:
    Here's my latest. Took about three weeks to compose and over a month to shoot. A real pain in the *$$ from a technical perspective. I meant for the steel parts to be a string section, maybe with an oboe, but opted for eBowed steel instead as I don't play bowed strings or wind instruments.

I bought an arsenal of new apps, learned a ton about mixing and mastering but would love to know where I could improve.

Also:

@richardyot - Great groove and bass lines. I love the resonant (synth?) part around 20-30 seconds in and wanted to hear more of it. It seems to me that the vocals are sitting a little too far back in the mix.

@DavidEnglish - Nice mellow music to work to (I did just that). I have no idea how to compose something like this.

@klownshed - until the beat came in, it was an 80's slasher soundtrack. My favorite part is the strings at about 1:45.

@orchardman - Great, all around. What accent does the singer have? Reminds me of Klaus from The Scorpions.

I'll get to the rest of these in the next few days:

Great track and I love your video style. It had a sort of flamenco Shadows vibe to it. It also makes me want to dig out that lap steel guitar that I bought at the start of lock down but haven’t really looked at since. Thanks for the feedback on our song. The singer’s accent is Welsh and whilst we were big fans of the Scorpions back in the day I don’t think my wife appreciated the comparison with Klaus 😀🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿😀

• @Sabicas said:

@richardyot said:

@Sabicas said:
    Here's my latest. Took about three weeks to compose and over a month to shoot. A real pain in the *$$ from a technical perspective. I meant for the steel parts to be a string section, maybe with an oboe, but opted for eBowed steel instead as I don't play bowed or wind instruments.

I bought an arsenal of new apps, learned a ton about mixing and mastering but would love to know where I could improve.

Excellent 👍🔥🔥🔥

You nailed the call-and-response this time, the melodies have room to breathe and this works really well. Also I actually really like the spooky sound of the pedal steel with the E-bow, it has a really nice otherworldly feel to it and is more interesting than strings would have been I think.

The performances are terrific, and it's very enjoyable to listen to. And the mix is great, everything sits well.

Thanks! The eBow sounds a bit more "sci-fi" than I was going for, and is definitely less heard than a string section. I think it was the right choice to just roll with it.

I probably should have posted this in next month's thread as it looks like this thread is dead, yes? Since no one but you has seen it, maybe I should withdraw it?

You will probably get a couple more reviews, some people wait until the end of the month before posting their reviews.

Of course a few people just post their track and just ignore the others, but what can you do 🤷‍♂️

By all means post the track again next month if you think you didn’t get your fair share of feedback, that’s fine with me 😀

• edited April 2021

@orchardman said:

@Sabicas said:
    Here's my latest. Took about three weeks to compose and over a month to shoot. A real pain in the *$$ from a technical perspective. I meant for the steel parts to be a string section, maybe with an oboe, but opted for eBowed steel instead as I don't play bowed strings or wind instruments.

Also:

@richardyot - Great groove and bass lines. I love the resonant (synth?) part around 20-30 seconds in and wanted to hear more of it. It seems to me that the vocals are sitting a little too far back in the mix.

@DavidEnglish - Nice mellow music to work to (I did just that). I have no idea how to compose something like this.

@klownshed - until the beat came in, it was an 80's slasher soundtrack. My favorite part is the strings at about 1:45.

@orchardman - Great, all around. What accent does the singer have? Reminds me of Klaus from The Scorpions.

I'll get to the rest of these in the next few days:

Great track and I love your video style. It had a sort of flamenco Shadows vibe to it. It also makes me want to dig out that lap steel guitar that I bought at the start of lock down but haven’t really looked at since. Thanks for the feedback on our song. The singer’s accent is Welsh and whilst we were big fans of the Scorpions back in the day I don’t think my wife appreciated the comparison with Klaus 😀🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿😀

Hah! Well, I certainly didn't mean it as an insult. I thought the vocals were great. I just thought I heard a different flavor of accent. I lived in the UK for years, but don't really know the Welsh accent.

And thanks for the feedback. I'm a fan of the Shadows and like to lay on that guitar's wiggle-stick pretty heavily, as did Hank Marvin.

• edited April 2021

Also, while the vid I posted has some vaguely flamenco-ish qualities........flamenco guitar is my primary instrument. Here's a clip of me playing in my Primark UK pajamas before I geared up and started getting more serious about production quality.

• @Sabicas said:
    Also, while the vid I posted has some vaguely flamenco-ish qualities........flamenco guitar is my primary instrument. Here's a clip of me playing in my Primark UK pajamas before I geared up and started getting more serious about production quality.

Good god, I should burn my guitars in shame 😮

• @Sabicas said:

Great stuff. Not so sure about the pyjamas though 😀

• @Sabicas
    This one definitely conjures up memories of Ennio Morricone's scores for the spaghetti Westerns. The multi-view is a fascinating spotlight on each instrument as it enters and leaves the mix. And the music itself is excellent in its own right.

• @richardyot especially soft with new sounds. Kind of a sax twice? Not very convincing sound to melt with the other ones. I appreciated especially the subtle saturation on the kind of Rhode's sound and as usual your overhall quality and classy pop-sad style

@DavidEnglish I like this atmospheric sound. Alchemy was a great app I deeply regret.

@klownshed Very cool lancinant pattern. I like a lot the backing voices and this deep and dark atmosphere.

@orchardman as richardyot you have an own style we can identify. You were right to advice to play it loud because it needs it to desserve the dynamic. It sounds as a live rrecording ock band. Very good job!

@uglyskratch very exciting stuff and great sounding, bravo! Hey could you post pics of the yurt?

@FunkMachine a very 80's feel in it isn't it? Very happy and clear sounding

@weareroses excellent rap, you win hello from mine :

@cargosofdoom yes, I like experimental sounds :-) Yours are very good, metallic, scratching the surfaces, A strange travel in an empty warehouse.

@Hursoom Excellent and sensitive, very moving. The work on sounds and melody sounds good to my ears. Special mention to the percussion. It reminds me a bit the Weather Report Jungle Book song. At my taste you should have ended it at 3' with the final ending coming around 5'50" (I don't know if I am clear)

@Sabicas as excellent as past month. Music for Sergio Leone's films! The video is as good as the music.

What a "bon cru" this month!

• @uglyskratch thank you so much thats cool comment. agree about no real climax but I dont know where or how to take it next. Maggie in the bell tower haha - love it :D

@DavidEnglish thanks David that is exact vibe I go for

@richardyot said:

@cargosofdoom said:

Some nice textures and movement. I'm imagining the film that this is a soundtrack to: an abandoned spaceship drifting in space, a pulsing star in the background, a broken distress beacon - what happened here? Wait, something is moving in the hold...

Loved reading this feedback! made my day cos u sooooo get what Im trying to put over. thank you sir :) look forward to ur next one, always a treat

@orchardman said:

@cargosofdoom said:

Some interesting sounds but it doesn’t really go anywhere.

thanks man - I know this is truth. not sure how to take it onward - any suggestions appreciated (seriously) :)

@Sabicas said:

too cool. speechless :o you are very talented , how long u been playing?

@Hursoom said:
    Here’s my entry for this month. I hope you enjoy it!

triptastic marvel - super good effort man. reeeeally like when guitar comes in

@Sabicas said:

really organic one this, u dont get as much of that sound round here but its really welcome and needed. I found it haunting and love how it ends

• I did another one! See what you think guys

• @cargosofdoom said:
    I did another one! See what you think guys

A metal blowing wind passed by

• @Kitusai said:
    @cargosofdoom yes, I like experimental sounds :-) Yours are very good, metallic, scratching the surfaces, A strange travel in an empty warehouse.

A metal blowing wind passed by

sorry man, I missed ur earlier comment..that is super kind of you saying these words thank u. yes I love experimental meandering metal stuff. And as for strange.. that is my middle name :D

• @FunkMachine

Cool and airy vibe. Sounds suitably retro. The D50 chime could do with a counter melody or as Richardyot said, another section to break it up so the part it does play becomes more of a hook rather than the dominant sound all the way through. Good sound choices to suit the D50 era.

• @cargosofdoom nice sound design. Nice and dark textural soundtrack :-) I can imagine snippets of this linking songs on a concept album, finishing off the album with the nice dissonant but at the end …

• @Sabicas nice! Sounds like a soundtrack to a 60s movie where each protagonist gets their own little motif played on a different instrument.

The main rhythm part from the guitar is really nice and I like the main hook. Good stuff and very different to the majority of the stuff posted here. In a good way :-)

• edited May 2021

@Kitusai Toy piano, dissonance and a great vocal (that i don’t quite understand ;-).

What’s not to like?

(I like. :-)

• Sorry no entries for this month, but I may give some feedback...
    @richardyot I really like the production, the intro is really catchy, I'm less into the voice, did you try to scream a little bit more ? (just a suggestion to test your voice in a different way ?)

@DavidEnglish nice smooth mood, liked it

@klownshed good energy, maybe a mix to review (the snare sounds too loud to me)

@orchardman I feel the mix sounds very dull (not sure of the word) to me

@uglyskratch sad story we're living...Good song, if I may say that...Good call living in a Yurt...

@Kitusai always trippy, like this kind of musique d'automates féériques ;)

@FunkMachine I like the vibe, the tones/timbers/sounds are very good, the mix should be more equilibrate to me to push it further

@Weareroses really good production here, good song, my fav of this month by far ! Love the video !

@cargosofdoom interesting production, would like further harmonic textures ?

@Hursoom feel a bit hard / dense with the harmonies for me, but some good mood at the end of the track !

@Sabicas good western track, good production, very specific but very well done ! The flamenco video was also absolutely great...

• @crony Thanks for taking the time to post those reviews, very generous of you 👍