Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ZMachine Mozaic Script (PatchStorage Downloadable)

2»

Comments

• This is great!

• @McD I already tried around a bit - the re-combination of the given sequences / rythms / progressions with different pulse rates etc used on several instruments sounds really cool - thanks a lot for the script 👍🏼

• @_ki said:
    @McD I already tried around a bit - the re-combination of the given sequences / rythms / progressions with different pulse rates etc used on several instruments sounds really cool - thanks a lot for the script 👍🏼

Thanks for checking it out... I'm going to map the 8 knobs to a MIDI controller's CC's
    and add instance state saving so an AUM project saves the whole ZMachine network.

• Thank you @McD just downloaded and plan to try out soon. Cheers.

• @Poppadocrock said:
    Thank you @McD just downloaded and plan to try out soon. Cheers.

Thanks! With your download we have sold out on our first run of ZMachines.
    I'm instructing the factory team to work through the weekend to restock after
    the April Fools Day sale.

• My controller has 8 knobs and the Mozaic GUI has 10. Decisions, decisions.

Adding CC controls to the virtual knobs was pretty straight forward. Just clone the
    "OnKnob" code and wrap it in an OnMIDICC event block and change a few variables.
    CC data comes in on MIDIByte2 (CC) and MIDIByte2 (value). MIDIByte1 is still MIDIType +
    Channel (0-15). If the spec had used 2 bytes for this we could have 128 channels. But
    waiting for 8 bits was too long. Now we wait for GB's to download and use them as
    pianos.

• PatchStorage Updated to version 1.1. (currently 5 downloads in the wild)

Sequence Length stretched to 24 slots for 2 bars of 12/8 potentially (Game of Thrones)
    Knobs set correctly on Load

• @McD The download counter at patchstorage doesn‘t really work, only a fraction is registered. When i downloaded the v1.1 update, the counter didn‘t increment. And i encountered this ‚misbehavior‘ already several times now.

• @_ki said:
    @McD The download counter at patchstorage doesn‘t really work, only a fraction is registered. When i downloaded the v1.1 update, the counter didn‘t increment. And i encountered this ‚misbehavior‘ already several times now.

Thanks for letting me know... 5 downloads made me think Mozaic was just a fad and no one
    except a few fanatics were using these scripts at all.

HOWEVER: I must admit I only use my own scripts generally and tend to ignore the great work of so many others. I figured that was now the case. In most cases a script will be too
    obscure to see what it's doing or do something I don't think I need.

I'm hoping that musical demos indicate the usefulness of a script but not all music impacts
    people in the same ways and moves then to action.

I'm just going to blame the hole "meh" thing on Covid-19 and keep scripting for the pure pleasure of the puzzle solving.

I'm thinking of making something that provides NeoSoul chords using "one finger" based on the videos of the Jamiroquai keyboard player... such cool sounds. "one finger" also means
    a ZMachine could generate the rhythms. I have a vision of Mozaic networks we could share
    as AUM projects.

• Just chiming in to say this is awesome. I downloaded the script and played around with it. It's fun but I'll have to make time to really dive in. Thank you for sharing!

• @yokotate said:
    Just chiming in to say this is awesome. I downloaded the script and played around with it. It's fun but I'll have to make time to really dive in. Thank you for sharing!

Please share any feedback so I can keep refining the way it works. I'd like to keep the
    current layout:

10 knobs
    X-Y Pad
    4 Pad

If I have to I can implement a SHIFT to another layout for additional features.
    I'm thinking of implementing MIDI IN functionality. Probably a "one finger"
    chordal function to go with the existing sequencer output.

I also need to add more sequences and rhythms that dial in better basslines faster.

Sending the current version into DrumComputer can be very useful.

REMEMBER TO RUN MULTIPLE COPIES assigned to different synths/apps to get
    something with extra polyrhythms going. Mix even and odd PPQN's to get 2:3, 3:4, etc.
    For odd meters dial in the Length to return to "zero" after the right number of
    PPQN's * quarter notes.

Example:
    5/4 meter with PPQN = 4 set the Length to 20. Length max in version 1.1 is 24.
    Length max in v1.0 was 16.

• Version 1.2:

I added a "one finger" input that produces some "Gil Evans" chords in the selected key.
    I chose a 4 note chord using the 7th, 3rd, 5th and 9th that moves with notes that are in the
    select scale. Note outside the scale are ignored.

• Wow @McD that sounds amazing! Will be trying this out for sure.
    But yeah that counter on patchstorage does not count...

• @Alfred said:
    Wow @McD that sounds amazing! Will be trying this out for sure.

Thanks for the feedback.

But yeah that counter on patchstorage does not count...

But that's how the creators gets paid. Oh well, who's counting?

• @McD said:
    Version 1.2:

I added a "one finger" input that produces some "Gil Evans" chords in the selected key.
    I chose a 4 note chord using the 7th, 3rd, 5th and 9th that moves with notes that are in the
    select scale. Note outside the scale are ignored.

Excellent 😎. Using ISymphonic by chance here?

• @Moderndaycompiler said:

Yes... with excess Reverb from MixBox CS to make it smooth and huge.

• @McD said:

@Moderndaycompiler said:

Yes... with excess Reverb from MixBox CS to make it smooth and huge.

Thanks. Isymphonic is perfect for that piece and sounds like it pairs well with zmachine.
    MixBox really works well with isymphonic!

• I did try it but didn’t find the voodoo to awaken Zappa’s soul yet. I’ll try again later, by candlelight :)

• @Krupa said:
    I did try it but didn’t find the voodoo to awaken Zappa’s soul yet. I’ll try again later, by candlelight :)

To conjure up something Zappa like:

Use 3-4 ZMachines
    Set the PPQN's at odd-even contrasts like:

1. 4
    2. 3
    3. 8
    4. 6

Dial back the Holdtime to the low end to get very short percussive notes.
    Selecting mallet instruments conjures up Ruth Underwood who played the complex
    Marimba and Xylophone parts.

BPM's between 60-85 seem to help produce a groove and not just a complex muddle.

I like to focus on one ZMachine dialing in something interesting and repetitive.
    Then add a 2nd that contrasts and creates extra rhythmic complexity I find interesting.
    Then add the third to blend in with 1 or 2. Usually a multiple of the formers PPQN.
    Optionally keep adding more parts.

The Roots determine the keys with 36,48,60,72 all being C's... I generally keep the roots on
    C's finding an octave that makes the part work as a bass middle or lead.

Changing the Holdtimes might be a good idea for leads or mids.

I find a ZMachine sent to the Drum Computer adds interesting drums and the drums can be
    dialed in by tweaking the Root... generally between 36-48.

• Just downloaded and trying it out on some drums. A lot of fun so far!

This will come in handy!

• @Intrepolicious said:
    Just downloaded and trying it out on some drums. A lot of fun so far!

This will come in handy!

Basically, it's a generator that's seems less predictable in output and several of them
    can create textures that seem intentional but complicated.

Playing with the Root knob at runtime creates some wild melodies that will still have
    patterns that get transposed quickly.

The Progression knob seems like a failure to do what I expected. I think it would work
    with more traditional Arp sequences that the listener can grasp as being moved through
    a chord progression. I'll try to add some basic arp sequences to test this theory.

• I set up an AUM config with 2 Drambo tracks loaded with @bcrichards "Ping" resonator scripts (which get you that "Impaktor" metal drum vibe) and a TAL U NO LX synth into a
    MixBox CS rack ending with a Digital Delay to make it even more rhythmically complex:

• 3 ZMachines driving 2 Slammers and one bass Mynth:

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/KXVXhpDt4W4RZNWP8

• @McD said:
    3 ZMachines driving 2 Slammers and one bass Mynth:

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/KXVXhpDt4W4RZNWP8

“we heard you like polyrhythms, so we put some polyrhythms inside your polyrhythms”

Crazy good stuff Sir!