Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iMPC news

Comments

• Yeah, the little vertical black box called magic mic. I like to throw some vocals in so I found it helpful. Gadget would do with a gadget like that. Interesting I'll look it up.

• Could someone please explain the interest in an iMPC app when we already have Beatmaker II?

• @Thomas if BM2 allowed you to delete the 600mb of sound library and had a better file management system I wouldn't have any interest at all.

I don't think they are interested though because people have been complaining about those libraries for over a year and they keep giving the same answer.

Maybe that will be an option in BM3

• @daveproper said:

@Thomas if BM2 allowed you to delete the 600mb of sound library and had a better file management system I wouldn't have any interest at all.

I don't think they are interested though because people have been complaining about those libraries for over a year and they keep giving the same answer.

Maybe that will be an option in BM3

This is exactly my reason as well... :-) If it was 600MB of good sounding samples it might be a different story as well, but the sounds are crappy. :-(

• @Thomas said:

Could someone please explain the interest in an iMPC app when we already have Beatmaker II?

I think also at this stage where there's many cubasis and Auria users there is a need for a standalone mpc style sampling app rather than a full daw like bm2. Also many people don't like bm2's work flow and I don't blame them even though I myself got used to it by now. As mentioned above 600mb worth of shitty ballast don't rock anybody's boat.

• First PC I worked with had 20Mb HD so... if you're not on iPad 16Gb, to me the question is not the size but the utility.

I'm tired to watch in the store games and more crappy games (hidden objects and so) over 600 mb or more.

Even TT downloads at full size, despite if you have bought the IAP or not.

BTW, I erased iMPC long time ago, but I gave it another chance and I'm working with the samples from another point of view.

• I think we are going to see a the new iMPC Pro App and Akai new set of controllers work together, somewhat like how the LaunchKey series work with their Apps.
    There is a dying need for a iMPC proper style app, NI have maschine which has good samples but NI just refuse to update this app,instead they keep adding sound packs .
    Thought it might be a free update for iMPC users but there again this could be due to the limitations on iOS , it might be best for a new app from ground up with new audio engine and features, let's hope this is what we were all waiting for and hope they add all the features that we were asking for in iMPC app.

• Don't even get me started on Akai's new controllers...I really hope any new MPC app isn't too bespoke.

• @fjcblanco I wouldn't be surprised if most of people in this forum had a 16gb iPads. No wonder here as apple sells memory at a price that is several times over the current price and buying it means basically being ripped off. This is not a preference but basically being skint makes me more careful with how I spend it so I can sniff a rip off from a distance. I personally use my ipad mostly for music making so 16gb is more than enough (got to be very careful with audio ;)).

• edited April 2014

+1 for you, @supadom

And despite I have 64Gb iPad4, I have deleted all (except Rock) Session Band apps (not their fault, but there are huge).

• Intua should just release the BM2 Drumsampler standalone and nobody would care about akai (on iOS)anymore...

• @Crabman said:

Intua should just release the BM2 Drumsampler standalone and nobody would care about akai (on iOS)anymore...

• 1 for that , I email them about that sometime ago with no response from Intua, I guess they don't want to make money.
  • I'd want BM2's keyboard sampler and sample editor, too! hehe

• Akai just released a screenshot of the multitouch sample chopping capability. Looks nice, even has Chop to Pads:

• @supadom said:

@Thomas said:

Could someone please explain the interest in an iMPC app when we already have Beatmaker II?

I think also at this stage where there's many cubasis and Auria users there is a need for a standalone mpc style sampling app rather than a full daw like bm2. Also many people don't like bm2's work flow and I don't blame them even though I myself got used to it by now. As mentioned above 600mb worth of shitty ballast don't rock anybody's boat.

^^^ This post pretty much covers all of the reasons for me. :-)

• edited April 2014

@Dham: I'll probably get excited if they announce IAA and/or AB functionality but definitely not before :)

• @supadom said:

@fjcblanco I wouldn't be surprised if most of people in this forum had a 16gb iPads. No wonder here as apple sells memory at a price that is several times over the current price and buying it means basically being ripped off. This is not a preference but basically being skint makes me more careful with how I spend it so I can sniff a rip off from a distance. I personally use my ipad mostly for music making so 16gb is more than enough (got to be very careful with audio ;)).

Guilty as charged. I still use an iPad 2 with 16 GB. :-)

• @Crabman said:

Intua should just release the BM2 Drumsampler standalone and nobody would care about akai (on iOS)anymore...

Agreed!

• @djjuniorpops said:

@Crabman said:

• 1 for that , I email them about that sometime ago with no response from Intua, I guess they don't want to make money.

They DID claim that they were working on something new (thus the reason for no updates)... They didn't say what it was yet though.... :-)

• @Dham said:

Akai just released a screenshot of the multitouch sample chopping capability. Looks nice, even has Chop to Pads:

Interesting!

• @Crabman said:

@Dham: I'll probably get excited if they announce IAA and/or AB functionality but definitely not before :)

Agreed here too! I am hopeful!

• Thanks for all the replies to my comment. I can see now the issues with all the memory getting eaten up by piss poor samples. I can also understand the file management issues. I've been struggling with that myself. When I bought it last year, it was THE way to go, but with your comments in mind, I'll keep an eye open for a proper alternative now that I'm starting to get deep into iOS production.
    The biggest complaint I have with BMII is the mixer; especially those short-throw faders. But most recently I've been editing and chopping up a ton of samples from my past few trips to Europe(and having a blast), so I should be okay storing those in Dropbox and Audioshare to use in whatever app comes our way in the future.

• Agreed about the faders @Thomas, I always automate stuff there 'cause of that.

This thread is making me excited for UVI Beathawk again...

• Chop to pads is cool ...but if is compatible with Element or other controllers...
    And I need compatibility with other MPC programs too...
    Plus sample Chop need some options like by Threshold or Bpm...

• I could be wrong, but I get the impression that not many use a desktop or laptop for storage of IOS apps and music. iTunes has worked well for me as an app and loop librarian. I have an iPod and iPad setup that also makes the most of my resources. My iPod has 32 gig, so I store most of my music and all of my universal apps on it. I don't put any music on my iPad and only apps that I am currently use get installed. I can always retrieve music or apps from my laptop, should I need them.

• @Audiojunkie said:

@Crabman said:

Agreed here too! I am hopeful!

Is it me or you're feeling talkative today? ;)

• edited April 2014

Feeling talkative....(embarrassed grin)

• edited April 2014

I'm thinking about getting a wifi streaming thingy for all my mp3s and videos so I can make room on my 128GB iPad mini for recording stuff. The Sanho iUsbport devices look good but quite expensive. I have a bad case of GAS for iOS device accessories...

• @Sinapsya said:

Chop to pads is cool ...but if is compatible with Element or other controllers...
    And I need compatibility with other MPC programs too...
    Plus sample Chop need some options like by Threshold or Bpm...

I would be shocked if it were not compatible with the MPC Fly/Element which would mean that it would work with that nifty Quneo template that you developed:) Compatiblity with the desktop MPC software is also a given as even the original iMPC has that capability.

• @Dham Yes, Element compatibility is confirmed by Akai....but is cool is the compatibility with Desktop version (like iMPC) will be from computer to iPad too...