Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iMPC news

BAM !

Akai_Pro: And in this corner, iMPC Pro. 64 tracks of heavyweight music production for the iPad. Coming mid-Spring. #iMPC http://t.co/1o0EvY3kFK

Comments

• I wonder if there are details on this anywhere. Seems like just a photo tease. Update? IAP upgrade? AB?

• I wouldn't put too much confidence in these guys. Lol.

• Looks like competition for tabletop maybe

• Nice, I bet with no Audiobus support ,but I wonder if it will be an iMPC upgrade or new app.

• I bet it is going to be adequately priced to counterbalance the loss they'll be making with hardware counterpart (talking impc pro).

• @DaveMagoo said:

Looks like competition for tabletop maybe

No, it's not competition for tabletop--it was designed my Retronyms.

• @MoonWolf said:

I wonder if there are details on this anywhere. Seems like just a photo tease. Update? IAP upgrade? AB?

Details are coming next week according to their page:

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152332036418048&id=67056613047&set=a.67064998047.71457.67056613047&source=46

• @mgmg4871 said:

I wouldn't put too much confidence in these guys. Lol.

I agree completely! And their track record has been horrible!

...however, if they get it right this time, including Virtual Midi, Midi Sync, Background Audio, AB2, IAA, and song mode, I might be willing to let by-gones be by-gones, and forgive the past--even if they charge me for buying the PRO version. It's going to have to be spectacular though in order to sway me.

On a positive note, however, a close examination of the picture listed here:

https://m.facebook.com/AkaiPro

shows 4 tabs on the bottom labeled: Main, Program, Mixer, Timeline, Song, so it looks like it might have a song mode. :-)

• @Korakios said:

Nice, I bet with no Audiobus support ,but I wonder if it will be an iMPC upgrade or new app.

After such a long time, I'd be willing to bet it will be a new purchase. But I don't know.....

• @supadom said:

I bet it is going to be adequately priced to counterbalance the loss they'll be making with hardware counterpart (talking impc pro).

My bets are on at least $20. :-)

• It can't be overpriced, because it will hit Tabletop's bundle...

• @Korakios said:

It can't be overpriced, because it will hit Tabletop's bundle...

This box seems to be akai professional badged, maybe retronyms have nothing to do with it.

• @Korakios said:

It would be good if you are correct. :-)

• @supadom said:

@Korakios said:

This box seems to be akai professional badged, maybe retronyms have nothing to do with it.

Look at the picture carefully. Retronym's name is right next to Akai's name. :-) They also mentioned that they developed it. (They developed the first version too).

• Let's not forget about Beat hawk from UVI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• I'm really looking forward to BeatHawk too! :-) I'm always looking to improve my kit and my workflow! :-)

• If they would give us a proper sample editor I would be content... For now! Lol

• I'm easily pleased ;-)

• I'm amazed that sample editor is not the first thing on dev's mind when they build a sampler.

• They say is a new app to buy, called iMPC Pro.... With some new features, 64 track and included Sample Choppind & time stretching :)

@sinapsya

• edited April 2014

Just sneaking on comments and verified chopping and impc/mpc hardware program compatibility. Although ,it's too early to see full specs. I bought BeatMaker2 when it was on sale for less 5$ so maybe I'll pass Pro version. Plus I also use BeatMachine with iMPC (and custom) samples.
    Maybe Akai will surprise us! Nice to have competition...

• This will make the old one basically 'iMPC lite'. I usually avoid lite versions if they aren't free, and go strait to the full/pro version but I guess I'm stuck now. Maybe they thought of that and the iMPC Pro won't be Tabletop-ready just so they can argue a complaint like that. Just my speculations, probably they don't even care.

• I'm not in a rush to give akai any more money for an iOS product. Or retronyms for that matter, although I'm glad imini is finally working correctly without any sticking notes.

• Doesn't look good that whenever people ask about audiobus or IAA, they just keep responding with "Stay tuned for full feature announcements" and "Stay tuned for full feature announcements. I can't say just yet, but you'll know soon":

• Just for the record, I don't think Tabletop is as bad as some think it is. I didn't want to like it because I thought the user interface was clunky and the instruments seemed expensive. Fortunately, I caught a sale or two and watched a few videos. Case in point: . Something tells me that iMPC Pro is a lot further along the development timeline than some would have you believe. Also, if you have iMPC and Tabletop 2, you can use Cueboard to chop samples from any instrument: . I know that we expect a lot from developers, but you have to acknowledge that we also can do a lot with what we already have at our disposal.

• @kwalker0210 said:

Just for the record, I don't think Tabletop is as bad as some think it is.

I think it's great. I love the Tabletop workflow. Maybe not perfect, but what is? I'm just worried that the IAA device for effect apps won't come soon enough, now that I know that iMPC Pro is what they've been working on for the last few moths.

• It's not that I think the tools to do things don't exist, I just think the two companies in question have released apps that don't work well and they have very unresponsive customer support. Therefore I'd rather give my money to developers who are more interactive and responsive. Just my preference, it's ok if others disagree.

• +1 For what mrufino1 said.

• +1 to Morris's +1

• edited April 2014

Always +1 to Morris's +1 here...
    But I do seem to be an exception re: Retronyms apps and support, I found their people helpful and they came across for me more than once- pay plugins were comped because I had been an early adopter, features I sought and emailed about were adopted, etc. and their emails to me were lovely even. And I liked impc (inside Tabletop).

Always room for improvement in all these apps, I really want a lot for the $20 I spent 2 years ago...but I do like the way my shit sounds on Tabletop and it's fun to use.