Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

2021 iOS App Sales and Discussion

Comments

• @Samu said:
    Usually but not always the Cubasis sales are an indication of quite immediate release of a new update...
    Bring on Cubasis 3.3 :D

Funny, I thought the same thing :D

• @FloRi89 said:

@Samu said:
    Usually but not always the Cubasis sales are an indication of quite immediate release of a new update...

Funny, I thought the same thing :D

Ditto 🤞🏻

• @Keyb said:

@MadGav said:

I suspect the IAPs are also on sale, always tricky to track this...

Confirmed, IAPs on sale!

Which of the AIP's would you say are worth it?

• @Keyb said:
    Do you know if it's possible to convert a fully unlocked CB2 LE to CB2 (not LE)?

Why?
    If it's fully unlocked, you have CB2 already.
    I am a LE user, so speaking from experience.

• @asturoidu said:

@Keyb said:

@MadGav said:

Confirmed, IAPs on sale!

The Waves Plugins are all really cool, I would get them including the Auto-Tune if you do anything with vocals. I also got the ARP for Minilogue because it's a great synth and the drum machines.

I didn't get the effects because I already have so many including mixbox.

• @asturoidu said:

@Keyb said:

@MadGav said:

Confirmed, IAPs on sale!

I like the waves plugins and the Classic machines

• @israelite said:

@Keyb said:
    Do you know if it's possible to convert a fully unlocked CB2 LE to CB2 (not LE)?

Why?

It's ok until you have to reset your iPad or restore it from a backup. Or you simply have to remove the app and then reinstall it. Then you realize that you need the original hardware you used to unlock it. And you may not have it anymore....

• @Keyb said:

@israelite said:

@Keyb said:

Why?

It's ok until you have to reset your iPad or restore it from a backup. Or you simply have to remove the app and then reinstall it. Then you realize that you need the original hardware you used to unlock it. And you may not have it anymore....

As CB2 LE and CB2 (non LE) are two separate apps on the AppStore, I think that you cannot "convert" the former to the latter...
    The only way I see to get CB2 for "free" is to ask @Lars a promo code 🤔...

• edited April 2021

@israelite said:

@Keyb said:

Why?

Hi @israelite
    I propose you to claim something for yourself from this thread :) I don't know if anyone else is here from our backyard.. 🤔

• Not Music...

ProShot - Camera & Video is FREE usually $5.99 - IAPS are just tips.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/proshot/id924438909

• Photo and wallpaper creator....

Texturing is Free usually $5.99

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/texturing/id1455096759

• @FloRi89 said:
    Cubasis is on sale:

I’ve been avoiding Cubasis 3 because I wasn’t sure if I really needed it. I’m relatively new in the iPad game, but have been working in Logic for many years. I like the new creative work flow in AUM, but I realize that I sometimes need to take my ideas and put them into a proper DAW. For now, I’ve been settling on Logic on my MacBook.

My question is:

Despite the sale, is Cubasis 3 worth it, if I already use and know Logic. Of course, I would love to keep it all on the iPad (just because I like the device and working on it), but is Cubasis essentially just something similar to Logic but on a smaller screen? Or has anyone exchanged their work flow away from Logic/MacBook and onto Cubasis/iPad?

I have the iPad Air 4, 256 GB, so there’s plenty of horsepower and storage in it.

• wimwim
    edited April 2021

@Keyb said:

No, it'll always be CB2 LE. Also, you cannot upgrade to CB3 Full. You can only upgrade to CB3 LE fully unlocked.

Functionally everything is the same between each version's full unlock and the non-LE version.

• Hi @israelite
    I propose you to claim something for yourself from this thread :) I don't know if anyone else is here from our backyard.. 🤔

Thank you @dakti
    Been on german AppStore thou. Still, looks like there is 1 app available.
    Good luck with getting yours!

• edited April 2021

@galmandsværk for what it's worth, I've found quite a nice workflow where I set up a session in AUM and then record a jam as plain audio, then import that into Cubasis to finalise it (mixing, sometimes adding another instrument layer or some effects). Can't say how this compares to what you can do in logic, but I find it a fun way to work. I also found the Waves plugins in Cubasis are good value when they are on sale and really good for mixing/mastering.

• @mangecoeur said:
    @galmandsværk for what it's worth, I've found quite a nice workflow where I set up a session in AUM and then record a jam as plain audio, then import that into Cubasis to finalise it (mixing, sometimes adding another instrument layer or some effects). Can't say how this compares to what you can do in logic, but I find it a fun way to work. I also found the Waves plugins in Cubasis are good value when they are on sale and really good for mixing/mastering.

That’s great. Thanks for sharing your experience. I would love to be able to stay on the iPad, meaning that I could easily transfer my AUM recordings to Cubasis and go straight into a more conventional mixing process. But, my fear is that it’s too small a screen and too difficult to navigate with my fingers and that I’ll eventually become annoyed and end up exporting everything to Logic on the MacBook instead.

However, I’m kind of hijacking the purpose of this thread. I’ll move my questions to a proper Cubasis thread instead ;)

• @galmandsværk said:

@mangecoeur said:

That’s great. Thanks for sharing your experience. I would love to be able to stay on the iPad, meaning that I could easily transfer my AUM recordings to Cubasis and go straight into a more conventional mixing process. But, my fear is that it’s too small a screen and too difficult to navigate with my fingers and that I’ll eventually become annoyed and end up exporting everything to Logic on the MacBook instead.

However, I’m kind of hijacking the purpose of this thread. I’ll move my questions to a proper Cubasis thread instead ;)

I'd get one of these and maybe the screen size won't be much of an issue.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B087C5GK23/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I use and it works great for pinpoint accuracy where a fat finger won't cut it.

• @galmandsværk, I have no problem interacting with the CB3 interface... tho it’s more fun on a 12.9.
    You can demo with the LE version, and if good for you, get it.

As to value, and not directed at you personally cause it’s about your workflow, I am mystified that folks wonder whether a full recording suite with a proven track record is worth fifty bucks. But that’s me.

• edited April 2021

@LinearLineman said:
    @galmandsværk, I have no problem interacting with the CB3 interface... tho it’s more fun on a 12.9.
    You can demo with the LE version, and if good for you, get it.

As to value, and not directed at you personally cause it’s about your workflow, I am mystified that folks wonder whether a full recording suite with a proven track record is worth fifty bucks. But that’s me.

It is reasonable to wonder whether any of the iOS DAWs is a worthwhile investment. They all have their own gaps some of which will be critical to some people. $50 is a lot to spend if you need a feature (such as tempo and time signature changes or cross fades or....) which is lacking in the DAW you just bought.

A lot of people here on AB forum have needs that one or more of the iOS DAWs satisfy well...and those people may not realize that there are features in those DAWs that are showstoppers. None of the iOS DAWs are complete full recording suites by professional standards.

• @espiegel123 ... so, how many here are professionals? But I agree that some missing features may not suit individual users. I’m fortunate, I don’t have such requirements. I just need it to be easy to use.
    Still, Cubasis3 does give the opportunity to demo it.

• Cubasis can't do crossfades? That seems very basic. How do you fade in and out when editing audio?

• Transfers - SAmples LE is FREE usually $.99

Same as the big brother version with some restrictions. Only works with mk1, mk2, model samples and digitakt hardware

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/transfer-samples-le/id1560943211

• Not music...

Logo card and design creator is free usually $1.99

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/logo-card-design-creator/id734342543

• @Sabicas said:
    Cubasis can't do crossfades? That seems very basic. How do you fade in and out when editing audio?

You can do crossfades in Cubasis.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@Sabicas said:
    Cubasis can't do crossfades? That seems very basic. How do you fade in and out when editing audio?

You can do crossfades in Cubasis.

Have they recently implemented event crossfades in Cubasis 3? I recall seeing a comment from Lars on the Cubasis forum from December that it was not yet implemented.

• Maybe you’re talking about a different process. I took this to mean cross fades between two pieces of audio, which it can certainly do.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Maybe you’re talking about a different process. I took this to mean cross fades between two pieces of audio, which it can certainly do.

Event crossfades are when you have the end of an event and the beginning of the next event overlapping and the DAW creates a crossfade between the overlapping regions usually with a choice of crossfade types. For a lot people, this apparently isn’t a big deal people. But for a lot people, event crossfades are a key feature when comping together a track.

As of Nov. 2020, Cubasis didn’t have such a crossfade tool (https://forums.steinberg.net/t/is-it-true-that-cubasis-3-doesn-t-support-cross-fades/160037).

• I tried to ‘manually’ crossfade two audio pieces in CB3 by fading out the first audio while fading in the second one in their overlapping section. Maybe I did something wrong, but the result was disappointing :(
    I think I can’t get constant volume level/seamless transition by overlapping a linearily faded out and a faded in audio piece.

• LFSLFS
    edited April 2021

@Samu said:

Hi @Samu,

Hope you're well!

We will be there sometime soon, worth the wait.
    Did I mention, that I love this exceptional fairly small, but uber great team?

Stay safe everyone!

Best,
    Lars