Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

2021 iOS App Sales and Discussion

Comments

• edited April 2021

@ervin said:

@tahiche said:

@ervin said:

@galmandsværk said:

@FloRi89 said:

@asturoidu said:
    Synthmaster One big sale.
    If you don't have this one yet, you need it. It's one of the best.
    Not sure if iap are on sale as well.

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1254353266#?platform=ipad

Yes they are. And I agree, best allround synth on iOS, highly recommended. It also has a really well optimized iPhone view, so perfect synth if you are on an iPhone.

Just a quick question. Everyone is singing Synthmaster One’s praises, so it’s clearly a great synth. But, I’m not a synth player as such, I just fool around with pads and arpeggiators to create cool layers to my songs. I already have Sunrizer, Synth One, and iWAVESTATION (among others). Does it makes sense to get Synthmaster One if I probably won’t do anything but use the presets and only do minor tweaks? Is it more stable or strong in an AUM environment or are the preset banks just extra high quality to make it worth adding yet another synth to my roster? I know, it’s cheap, but I’m trying to not just buy apps for the sake of it.

Given how you want to use it, you might be better off with synthmaster player, either just the free version or with the Pro upgrade now on sale. It's designed explicitly for preset players.

“Preset players” 😂😂🤣👏👏👏

Yeah, as opposed to "knob tweakers" 🤷

I start as a “Preset player” then turn into a “knob tweaker”. When I’m getting close and feeling confident I do one last knob twist that somehow detunes the shit out of the whatever synth. I try to fix it turning more knobs. Misery. Back to preset player. Start again.

• ...but...are the IAP Synthmaster One presets good? The all inclusive bundle is tempting but every time I listen to the demos I loose my judgement...

• @tahiche said:

@ervin said:

@tahiche said:

@ervin said:

@galmandsværk said:

@FloRi89 said:

@asturoidu said:

Yes they are. And I agree, best allround synth on iOS, highly recommended. It also has a really well optimized iPhone view, so perfect synth if you are on an iPhone.

Just a quick question. Everyone is singing Synthmaster One’s praises, so it’s clearly a great synth. But, I’m not a synth player as such, I just fool around with pads and arpeggiators to create cool layers to my songs. I already have Sunrizer, Synth One, and iWAVESTATION (among others). Does it makes sense to get Synthmaster One if I probably won’t do anything but use the presets and only do minor tweaks? Is it more stable or strong in an AUM environment or are the preset banks just extra high quality to make it worth adding yet another synth to my roster? I know, it’s cheap, but I’m trying to not just buy apps for the sake of it.

Given how you want to use it, you might be better off with synthmaster player, either just the free version or with the Pro upgrade now on sale. It's designed explicitly for preset players.

“Preset players” 😂😂🤣👏👏👏

I start as a “Preset player” then turn into a “knob tweaker”. When I’m getting close and feeling confident I do one last knob twist that somehow detunes the shit out of the whatever synth. I try to fix it turning more knobs. Misery. Back to preset player. Start again.

I keep out of that trap. :) or I'm just lame. But I'm a complete preset player. I look at my soft synths like I look at anything else that I use, my car or the microwave oven: I'm happy to learn as much as I can about them and try to become a "power user", but I don't try to repair them (in this case, improve on their presets) because there are people who are better at it than me :)

• @ervin said:

@tahiche said:

@ervin said:

@tahiche said:

@ervin said:

@galmandsværk said:

@FloRi89 said:

@asturoidu said:

“Preset players” 😂😂🤣👏👏👏

I keep out of that trap. :) or I'm just lame. But I'm a complete preset player. I look at my soft synths like I look at anything else that I use, my car or the microwave oven: I'm happy to learn as much as I can about them and try to become a "power user", but I don't try to repair them (in this case, improve on their presets) because there are people who are better at it than me :)

There's still a modest amount of tweakability with Synthmaster Player. From the description: "Users can edit the 12 easy parameters or the bypass states of layer/global effects assigned for each preset by the sound designer."

• @ervin said:

@tahiche said:

@ervin said:

@tahiche said:

@ervin said:

@galmandsværk said:

@FloRi89 said:

@asturoidu said:

“Preset players” 😂😂🤣👏👏👏

I love that description. I, too, am a preset player. Thanks for pointing out the Synthmaster Player. Now, my problem is that the in-app purchases are tempting me. Which should I go for? I primarily use pads and arpeggios. Or should I just go for Synthmaster One and use the presets in there instead? Or just leave it alone 😊

• Preset players, knob tweakers :smile:
    I started a poll :smile:

• @galmandsværk said:

@ervin said:

@tahiche said:

@ervin said:

@tahiche said:

@ervin said:

@galmandsværk said:

@FloRi89 said:

@asturoidu said:

“Preset players” 😂😂🤣👏👏👏

I love that description. I, too, am a preset player. Thanks for pointing out the Synthmaster Player. Now, my problem is that the in-app purchases are tempting me. Which should I go for? I primarily use pads and arpeggios. Or should I just go for Synthmaster One and use the presets in there instead? Or just leave it alone 😊

The free version of player already has some cool arps and pads imho. I just bought the "Pro upgrade" (the name is factory presets or something) on sale and it has more of both. It sets you back half the sale price of One. Can recommend, but YMMV of course.

• @ervin said:

@galmandsværk said:

@ervin said:

@tahiche said:

@ervin said:

@tahiche said:

@ervin said:

@galmandsværk said:

@FloRi89 said:

@asturoidu said:

“Preset players” 😂😂🤣👏👏👏

The free version of player already has some cool arps and pads imho. I just bought the "Pro upgrade" (the name is factory presets or something) on sale and it has more of both. It sets you back half the sale price of One. Can recommend, but YMMV of course.

... Or just keep the free version of player and wait until the next half price sale of Addictive Pro by Virsyn, which has amazing pad and arp presets and a totally different sound, to. Then you can have good stuff from two different worlds!

• No time...here ya go. Lol.

• edited April 2021

@tahiche said:

@ervin said:

@tahiche said:

@ervin said:

@galmandsværk said:

@FloRi89 said:

@asturoidu said:

“Preset players” 😂😂🤣👏👏👏

Hahaha. I know your pain, but most synths are like women, they have only two essential knobs to be "twisted" to achieve satisfying results : cutoff & resonance

• @israelite said:

@tahiche said:

@ervin said:

@tahiche said:

@ervin said:

@galmandsværk said:

@FloRi89 said:

@asturoidu said:

“Preset players” 😂😂🤣👏👏👏

Hahaha. I know your pain, but most synths are like women, they have only two essential knobs to be "twisted" to achieve satisfying results : cutoff & resonance

Well, it will be Ezekiel 25:17 for you once a female member of your family finds this comment ;)

• edited April 2021

@ervin said:

@israelite said:

@tahiche said:

@ervin said:

@tahiche said:

@ervin said:

@galmandsværk said:

@FloRi89 said:

@asturoidu said:

“Preset players” 😂😂🤣👏👏👏

Well, it will be Ezekiel 25:17 for you once a female member of your family finds this comment ;)

Cutoff your knob, that’s right...

• Not Music....

I don’t think this app has ever been free in six years...

Infographic And Poster Creator is Free usually $2.99

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/infographic-and-poster-creator/id977865042

• edited April 2021

Not Music...

Pixen - Pixel Art Editor is Free usually $4.99

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/pixen-pixel-art-editor/id1161880215

• IDousyn is $1 off down to $1.99 - it’s an older app...

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/idousyn/id421852860

• Four Fourty is Free usually $1.99

Helps you learn to tune your guitar by ear...

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/fourforty/id1540469786

• @tahiche said:

@ervin said:

@israelite said:

@tahiche said:

@ervin said:

@tahiche said:

@ervin said:

@galmandsværk said:

@FloRi89 said:

@asturoidu said:

“Preset players” 😂😂🤣👏👏👏

Cutoff your knob, that’s right...

Standing ovation

• Not music...

Fogu Pro VPN & Ad blocker is FREE usually $2.99, no subscription.
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/fogu-pro-vpn-adblocker/id1543280334

App Iconz is Free usually $2.99, make custom icons for your apps.
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/appiconz-exclusive-app-icons/id1532752381

Photo
    Light | Long Exposure is FREE usually $.99
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/light-long-exposure/id1369253556

Pholorize- Colorize Old Photos - FREE usually $2.99
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/pholorize-colorize-old-photo/id1501202060

• @ervin said:

@israelite said:

@tahiche said:

@ervin said:

@tahiche said:

@ervin said:

@galmandsværk said:

@FloRi89 said:

@asturoidu said:

“Preset players” 😂😂🤣👏👏👏

It will be rather Isaiah 14:3 my woman resonates good with that sense of humour, but thank you for your concern :smiley:

• @israelite said:

Ooh. I wonder if I could talk my wife into a couple of tattoos.

• @israelite said:

@ervin said:

@israelite said:

@tahiche said:

@ervin said:

@tahiche said:

@ervin said:

@galmandsværk said:

@FloRi89 said:

@asturoidu said:

“Preset players” 😂😂🤣👏👏👏

It will be rather Isaiah 14:3 my woman resonates good with that sense of humour, but thank you for your concern :smiley:

👍

• Cinesamples is selling all their sound libraries for StaffPad at 50% off until 4/30.
    Most are $49, a couple are $34.50 and 2 are $19.

I'm considering the Percussion product which includes 140+ instruments for $49.
    Then the Brass library and the Winds are beaconing.

I already own the Choir, Solo Strings libraries and the Tina Guo Cello. The only ones I'd avoid
    are the Taylor Davis Solo Violin... she adds a fast vibrato to every sample and it breaks the 4th wall for me. The Piano is OK. The strings will be mine some fine day but the default libraries in StaffPad are really quite good.

• @wim said:

@israelite said:

Ooh. I wonder if I could talk my wife into a couple of tattoos.

Let me know how that goes - I’ve been thinking of a way to bring that up for a while now...

• Good one! Couldn’t resist at Holon.ist 😆🤷🏻‍♂️

• The Audio Converter App is currently running a promotional opportunity. Downloaded the free app, open app, go into settings, select promo, to unlock the lifetime pass for FREE!

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/the-audio-converter/id889643660

• edited April 2021

Midi Sweet - Module Unit AU by Jens Guell is $5 off down to $9.99

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/midi-sweet-module-unit-au/id1496123942

• For Developers... or future Developers.

HapticKit is FREE usually $1.99

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/haptickit/id1563487692