Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

2021 iOS App Sales and Discussion

Comments

• Quincy is $4 off at $7.99 does have additional IAP

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/quincy/id726270481

• All DOTEC apps are $5 off down to $6.99, I posted about 1 of them but all 3 are on sale.

• @nickneek said:

@AlexY said:

@orand said:

It’s possible with a bit of initial setup. Requires using an older version of the Kindle app on desktop, set to not auto-update, and then use the Calibre app to convert to ePub, which Voice Dream Reader supports.

Are these older versions still available?

There might be other workarounds too if you look online. I use an ebook management software called Calibre to remove the DRM from books I buy from google so that I can use them on voice dream reader. Maybe there is a way to do the same for amazon stuff .

Interesting. Thanks for sharing. I use my library’s digital app to listen to audiobooks, but they obviously don’t have everything.

• @nickneek said:

@AlexY said:

@orand said:

It’s possible with a bit of initial setup. Requires using an older version of the Kindle app on desktop, set to not auto-update, and then use the Calibre app to convert to ePub, which Voice Dream Reader supports.

There might be other workarounds too if you look online. I use an ebook management software called Calibre to remove the DRM from books I buy from google so that I can use them on voice dream reader. Maybe there is a way to do the same for amazon stuff .

Calibre can remove DRM from kindle books as well, you just need to add a plugin.

(As an aside, I seem to vaguely recall some kindle versions did audio for amazon ebooks with no long ago, but then amazon decided to remove the (free) functionality, I guess because Bezos needed some more money for space travel.)

• edited December 2021

@ervin said:

@nickneek said:

@AlexY said:

@orand said:

Calibre can remove DRM from kindle books as well, you just need to add a plugin.

(As an aside, I seem to vaguely recall some kindle versions did audio for amazon ebooks with no long ago, but then amazon decided to remove the (free) functionality, I guess because Bezos needed some more money for space travel.)

Alexa has that functionality though; it can read to you from wherever you left your Kindle book at. Neat, but I don't bring an Alexa device With me when I leave the house...

• Not sure if anyone's posted this

• As Mentioned Voice Dream Reader is on sale but all Voice Dream apps are half off. All usually $9.99 now $4.99 with a bundle of all 4 apps for $19.99

https://apps.apple.com/us/app-bundle/voice-dream-suite/id1477968634

• @Poppadocrock said:
    As Mentioned Voice Dream Reader is on sale but all Voice Dream apps are half off. All usually $9.99 now $4.99 with a bundle of all 4 apps for $19.99

https://apps.apple.com/us/app-bundle/voice-dream-suite/id1477968634

It still doesn't do what I want, but those low prices... 😂

• American English Salli is the best voice by far. Picked it up yesterday.

• @NeuM said:

I find it insane that to this day there is no built in ability to create a GIF on iOS because that function is not already native to the Camera or Photos apps. And I know Apple carefully watches what their users are using their platform to do and make.

You can make a .gif on ios14 and up. Caveat is you must use a Live Photo to do it. Click on the top left of the photo click loop, then bounce. Now you have a .gif.

• OT - Music Game

ELOH is $2 off at $.99. Music Rhythm game.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/eloh/id1406382064

• @bpert said:

@NeuM said:

I find it insane that to this day there is no built in ability to create a GIF on iOS because that function is not already native to the Camera or Photos apps. And I know Apple carefully watches what their users are using their platform to do and make.

You can make a .gif on ios14 and up. Caveat is you must use a Live Photo to do it. Click on the top left of the photo click loop, then bounce. Now you have a .gif.

That’s not a GIF. That’s a looping video. If you share it, it does not act like a GIF.

• @Poppadocrock said:
    OT - Music Game

ELOH is $2 off at $.99. Music Rhythm game.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/eloh/id1406382064

Music Rhythm game and puzzle game. Pure art. Really fun, beautiful and clever.

• @EdGG said:

@ervin said:

@nickneek said:

@AlexY said:

@orand said:

Alexa has that functionality though; it can read to you from wherever you left your Kindle book at. Neat, but I don't bring an Alexa device With me when I leave the house...

I didn't know that, neat indeed; but it wouldn't work for me because I don't let amazon (or apple or google etc) proactively listen to me :) 🤷

• @ervin said:

@EdGG said:

@ervin said:

@nickneek said:

@AlexY said:

@orand said:

I didn't know that, neat indeed; but it wouldn't work for me because I don't let amazon (or apple or google etc) proactively listen to me :) 🤷

Or Siri? Anything voice activated needs to be listening at all times, even humans. When the information is being sent out to Amazon is really what matters. Certain aspects of our lives are becoming more Orwellian, for sure, but this one in particular is the least concerning to me ¯_(ツ)_/¯

• edited December 2021

@EdGG said:

@ervin said:

@EdGG said:

@ervin said:

@nickneek said:

@AlexY said:

@orand said:

Or Siri? Anything voice activated needs to be listening at all times, even humans. When the information is being sent out to Amazon is really what matters. Certain aspects of our lives are becoming more Orwellian, for sure, but this one in particular is the least concerning to me ¯_(ツ)_/¯

None of them. :) I agree though, each to their own. In my case, the privacy concern is actually the smaller issue. The bigger one is the lack of a good use case. At this point, I simply don't want or need any of these assistants for anything. Those who do, or simply like them and don't worry about being listened to, why not.

• Would love it if we could have one thread for music apps and another for everything else.

• @ashh said:
    Would love it if we could have one thread for music apps and another for everything else.

yeah - I would subscribe this thread: 2022 iOS Music App Sales and Discussion ;)

• @MAtrixplan said:

@ashh said:
    Would love it if we could have one thread for music apps and another for everything else.

yeah - I would subscribe this thread: 2022 iOS Music App Sales and Discussion ;)

This is not the place to discuss these things. Please go to Meta-Conversations to discuss about discussions. 😜

• @ervin said:

@EdGG said:

@ervin said:

@nickneek said:

@AlexY said:

@orand said:

You could probably use the Alexa app when on the go.

• As mentioned before, the free MIDI Tape Recorder app:
    https://apps.apple.com/app/midi-tape-recorder/id1598618004#?platform=ipad

And Doug's video on it:

• Don’t forget to donate a few shillings to the man if you like the MIDI tape recorder from Geert

• edited December 2021

@ashh said:

True. I did get a little carried away at the end of this year and you make a good point.

I typically only share apps that would be useful to a musician in any stage of their journey. Mostly creative apps. Obviously music, but also apps to make/take pics, graphic design, videos, art, and even some utilities that come in handy. We need pics for posts on most platforms, some make videos, maybe an album cover, lyrics, notes, some have a full blown music careers and use apps for business. So if I feel like it could help someone making music, anyone from a beginner to a professional, and everything in between, I share it. If it ties in to something a musician at any level might need, I share it. Also if it’s free I tend to be a little more liberal. I would like to do more then one thread but it ends up being a lot more work. So for now, it will just be a 2022 iOS App Sales and Discussion. I tried 2 threads last year, one with sales only, and it didn’t make it past January. I can start 2 threads and see what happens. I will try to keep sales on topic, but again there are so many different apps that tie into music making and everything that goes around it, it can be hard to draw the line on what people will find useful vs what’s just noise. Thanks for the feedback. Happy Holidays.

• @Poppadocrock said:

@ashh said:

True. I did get a little carried away at the end of this year and you make a good point.

I typically only share apps that would be useful to a musician in any stage of their journey. Mostly creative apps. Obviously music, but also apps to make/take pics, graphic design, videos, art, and even some utilities that come in handy. We need pics for posts on most platforms, some make videos, maybe an album cover, lyrics, notes, some have a full blown music careers and use apps for business. So if I feel like it could help someone making music, anyone from a beginner to a professional, and everything in between, I share it. If it ties in to something a musician at any level might need, I share it. Also if it’s free I tend to be a little more liberal. I would like to do more then one thread but it ends up being a lot more work. So for now, it will just be a 2022 iOS App Sales and Discussion. I tried 2 threads last year, one with sales only, and it didn’t make it past January. I can start 2 threads and see what happens. I will try to keep sales on topic, but again there are so many different apps that tie into music making and everything that goes around it, it can be hard to draw the line on what people will find useful vs what’s just noise. Thanks for the feedback. Happy Holidays.

Mate, when your thread does 34 trillion views in a year, posts and comments run for 7000 pages, fellow members want to even start paying you for it - idk but isn't that a good enough sign for you that it's pretty good as is, you're doing a good job and don't really need to change anything next year? If it isn't, what would be? 🤷 😀

Carry on, you're great.

• @ervin said:

@Poppadocrock said:

@ashh said:

Mate, when your thread does 34 trillion views in a year, posts and comments run for 7000 pages, fellow members want to even start paying you for it - idk but isn't that a good enough sign for you that it's pretty good as is, you're doing a good job and don't really need to change anything next year? If it isn't, what would be? 🤷 😀

Carry on, you're great.

+1

Yeah, he's doing a sterling job of keeping us up to date.
    I've bought more apps than I should because of this thread.

Thank you @Poppadocrock and I hope
    you're having a good holiday season.

Same for everyone else.