Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Box Of Things - Richard Yot and JanKun collab

2»

Comments

• Excellent tune! Well done, y'all.

• experience at work , top notch B)

• @richardyot said:
    It's great to to hear my words come to life in this manner @JanKun - thanks for posting. I was never able to do these words justice so it's great to hear them performed by someone who could.

My version of the lyrics is in the spoiler, although JanKun tweaked them a little (maybe you can post the final version?)

Your books still there
    A strand of hair
    A box of things
    Our wedding rings

The cup you cracked
    The coat you patched
    Your photographs
    In frames of glass

But you're not there
    You're not in the bed that we shared
    You're not there
    I'm staring at your empty chair

The house so hushed
    A film of dust
    Your post piles up
    Wish it would stop

Your life summed up:
    A box of stuff
    And all that's left
    Is what I've kept

I'm walking alone up the stairs
    Your desk is locked
    The key is lost
    I sleep in a bed that is bare

!

Devastating lyric, bro. I’ve been married thirty years now. I don’t know how I could possibly continue without her.

• Wow, what a great collaboration. Clear, poetic, but not ornamental lyrics and music that's evocative of fragments of memories bubbling up in the way they do after separation or loss. Fantastic!

• edited September 2020

@mjcouche said:
    @JanKun @richardyot

This is incredible.

Really glad you liked it !
    Thank you for listening !

• @sclurbs said:
    Wow! This is special. I really like this! I'd love to hear a whole album of something like this.

One thing I'd say, and this might just me because lyrics are usually difficult for me, but I had a hard time hearing the words within your vocals at times. A little too lost in effects at time? I referenced this mix to your song Blue Sky On Hurricanes and found Blue Sky a lot easier to understand the words. Perhaps if you parallel processed the vocals with a dry track over the track you have now, the words might pop out more without sacrificing the overall timbre of the vocals?

Thank you for your feedback ! Parallel processed vocals sounds like a good idea to gain clarity. My non native pronouciation and intonation might also be at fault here.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Excellent tune! Well done, y'all.

Thank you for taking the time to listen !

• @aplourde said:
    Wow, what a great collaboration. Clear, poetic, but not ornamental lyrics and music that's evocative of fragments of memories bubbling up in the way they do after separation or loss. Fantastic!

Thank you for listening and for your kind words. That is exactly what I felt when I first read Richard's lyrics.