Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Buttersynth. New Hybrid Synth from the makers of Cream Mobile

Comments

• @szczyp said:
    BS is much better now than 2 months ago, no crashes, ability to load folders of samples…. This is huge progres.
    I like granulqr and wavetable sections a lot. Prepared small pad patch and when I repetition one 4-Voice chord (polyphony set to 16) , thesame 4 notes, sound is cut to silence.

Would be nice to be able play the same chord over and over and only oldest voices should be cut, due to polyphony limit, not new with old all together, right? Maybe this will be fixed, I hope so. What you think?

Better describe this small VIDEO:

reported this to dev, to me this looks like bug

• @dendy thank you
    I accepted sampler simplicity, and with granulator and WT I have a lot of great fun. I can say only positive things about results I achieve on BT.

Optionally, separate outs for each engines and fxs…. Maybe this idea will be interesting for dev also?

• … and if pedal sustain could be activated, can you @dendy pls mention this to dev? We can live without (like in Drambo) - but it’s rather unusual to have no sustain under foot. Thanks!

• How do you control the volume of white/pink noise?.
    Figured I can set an envelope and map it in the matrix to the noise gen. But isn’t it overkill?.

• edited April 2023

@tahiche said:
    How do you control the volume of white/pink noise?.
    Figured I can set an envelope and map it in the matrix to the noise gen. But isn’t it overkill?.

not sure what u mean, noise volume is controlled by default by envelope 1- same like all other osciĺators. You can change it directly in noise section .. this is direct
    modulation of osc volune, outside of mod matrix, you don’t need create mod matrix connection for controlling oscillators volume - every oscillator has direct ENV selectir innit, defaults to ENV1

• @szczyp said:
    … and if pedal sustain could be activated, can you @dendy pls mention this to dev? We can live without (like in Drambo) - but it’s rather unusual to have no sustain under foot. Thanks!

just checked todo list, it’s listed there ;)

• @dendy said:

@tahiche said:
    How do you control the volume of white/pink noise?.

not sure what u mean, noise volume is controlled by default by envelope 1- same like all other osciĺators. You can change it directly in noise section .. this is direct
    modulation of osc volune, outside of mod matrix, you don’t need create mod matrix connection for controlling oscillators volume - every oscillator has direct ENV selectir innit, defaults to ENV1

Silly me, I just figured it out… this whole section is the noise module
    Is it just me being dumb or that section is not very clear?. For my eyes the noise section was just what I circle in red…. I though the rest of that (yellow) was global settings, not linked to noise osc.
    Id also like some visual representation of what OSC you’re editing, I know it’s the active button but some visual feedback would be helpful, something simple like connecting the osc selection to the editing (in blue)

• super duper

• @tahiche

actually now when you are talking about that, yes probably visual divider (like between oscilator detail and between filter module) would be good also between oscillators and noise section

• @dendy said:

@Littlewoodg said:
    the gush on Buttersynth I get.
    I havent heard mention here of what seems to me the closest comparison- Synthmaster.
    I don’t hear much about Synthmaster in general these days..

• advanced wavetable editor
    • more oscillators
    • 4op FM ocillator
    • ability to process every oscillator through different filter routing (serial/parallel)
    • more oscillator waveshaping options, more and better sounding cross oscillator modulations
    • more FXs

And most imortatly way much better UI - very important point. SM2 UI is absolute mess.

Thank you, i definitely would investigate further once it drops in the store, especially the mod matrix

the GUI on SM is a truly a difficult one, a direct port from desktop is tough, a mouse deal at best

i do like the additive oscillator on SM.

• Does it support mpe?

• @ohwell said:
    Does it support mpe?

Unfortunately not

• Think there will be more fx modules?

Maybe the MI module and resonators?

because you might have to bypass all fx.

If you add external fx?

Do synths use less cpu when fx are not activated?

• edited April 2023

@Littlewoodg said:

Thank you, i definitely would investigate further once it drops in the store, especially the mod matrix

the GUI on SM is a truly a difficult one, a direct port from desktop is tough, a mouse deal at best

also one thing i forgot to mention which is not so obvious at first look - you have there also nice up to 1024 bands of additive synthesis available inside wavetable editor.. that's REALLY something ..

• @dendy said:

@Littlewoodg said:

also one thing i forgot to mention which is not so obvious at first look - you have there also nice up to 1024 bands of additive synthesis available inside wavetable editor.. that's REALLY something ..

Please make some more videos if you have the time. The first one was a good demo. If possible, could you demo some of the functions which make it uniquely better? Thanks.

• The fx make sense. For this synth.

• @HotStrange said:

@dendy said:

@ervin said:
    Genuine question to the "pre-orderers": why do you buy something that doesn't exist yet and will not be scarce once it does exist? Not a trick question, good for you, I'm really just trying to understand the motivation. 🙏

Why not ? After months spend with beta and after few my ideas were actually implemented innit, i am 100% sure i want this synth and it will be (it already is) my main workhorse. It allowed me to delete 75% synth apps i had installed on my iPad :))

So no reason to wait, it just downloads automatically when it gets available ;)

I’m still keeping all my synths as they all sound different and offer something different. But Buttersynth is fantastic.

Whaaat?? Buttersynth doesn’t do subtractive synthesis? Hard pass!

J/K!

Yeah, I’m keeping everything I’ve paid good money for as well. I like having options and choices. My 1TB M1 Pro isn’t even halfway full, and according to AUBE, 123 of the 502 AUv3s I have are synthesizer instruments. I know the saying is “less is more”, but more is also more!

Buttersynth might be an amazing Swiss Army knife type synth that does (almost) everything, but there’s projects where I might want to add one more thing to, and that might not call for a heavy Swiss Army knife synth, but maybe a light weight one trick pony, or something simple.

I think Drambo will always be my main love, and I don’t see anything coming along to change that. Drambo, not only for the immeasurable and unlimited synth building capabilities, but for its hosting and groovebox functionality (pattern building, clip launching, sample manipulating, P-locking, automation, and not to mention one of the most elegant Piano rolls I’ve ever used), all indispensable tools in the way I make music.

I don’t foresee having ANY problems using Buttersynth, and using it alongside the myriad of other amazing tools that I’ve purchased and have gotten to know very well. I’ve already got a few ideas of a few things that will compliment it very well, and being that it can be hosted inside Drambo is just another tasty layer of icing on my musical cake.

So with all that said, I’ve just preordered, and hopping aboard the hype train with the rest of you synth nuts… 🤪

• @dendy said:

@Littlewoodg said:

well now…
    even glad-er i pre-ordered

• Is there a way to disengage note velocity affecting volume? It seems to be hardwired but I may have missed it

• @Grandbear said:
    Is there a way to disengage note velocity affecting volume? It seems to be hardwired but I may have missed it

Not currently, but you can add an entry to the mod matrix that counteracts the lowering of volume by boosting the volume by the same amount that the hardwired velocity is lowering it.

You could call it inverted velocity, or velocity cancellation. :)

• @tk32 said:

@Grandbear said:
    Is there a way to disengage note velocity affecting volume? It seems to be hardwired but I may have missed it

Not currently, but you can add an entry to the mod matrix that counteracts the lowering of volume by boosting the volume by the same amount that the hardwired velocity is lowering it.

You could call it inverted velocity, or velocity cancellation. :)

👍 got it, and should that be connected to the master volume?

• @Grandbear said:
    👍 got it, and should that be connected to the master volume?

For straight-up cancellation, yes, you setup the modulation on the master volume. But the beauty is that you can also use this technique creatively/selectively when you’re working with multiple oscs and filters.

• One little tweak would be to have the option to remove the "Do you want to save this patch?" dialog when you've tweaked a patch. I can understand why this is important to avoid losing work, but when browsing through patches, maybe tweaking a couple of parameters, it gets a bit annoying to have to cancel that dialog every time, but I can live with it.

• Apologies if this has been answered already and I missed it but does anyone know whether the pre-order price is a reduced price or the same as it’ll be once released? Thanks.

• edited April 2023

@craftycurate said:
    One little tweak would be to have the option to remove the "Do you want to save this patch?" dialog when you've tweaked a patch.

Trust me, you wouldn't want it the other way. So many lovely beta presets lost due to a momentary mis-press... like tears in the rain.

One of them even sounded like c-beams glittering in the dark near Tannhauser gate... Honest!

• @tk32 said:

@craftycurate said:
    One little tweak would be to have the option to remove the "Do you want to save this patch?" dialog when you've tweaked a patch.

Trust me, you wouldn't want it the other way. So many lovely beta presets lost due to a momentary mis-press... like tears in the rain.

One of them even sounded like c-beams glittering in the dark near Tannhauser gate... Honest!

Yeah I feel your pain! I can live with it :#

• @Robin2 said:
    Apologies if this has been answered already and I missed it but does anyone know whether the pre-order price is a reduced price or the same as it’ll be once released? Thanks.

I don't know the answer to this question, but if it isn't cheaper to pre-order it should be, if'n only a little, and if it IS cheaper to pre-order then the dev should sing it from the rooftops...

• edited April 2023

• edited April 2023

@tk32 said:

@craftycurate said:

Trust me, you wouldn't want it the other way. So many lovely beta presets lost due to a momentary mis-press...

Honestly i am little bit annoyed too, when it appears on FACTORY patches .. on my own patches it's highly useable but on factory patches don't think so .. just never mentioned it cause i thought it's just me :)

• @Edward_Alexander said:

@HotStrange said:

@dendy said:

@ervin said:
    Genuine question to the "pre-orderers": why do you buy something that doesn't exist yet and will not be scarce once it does exist? Not a trick question, good for you, I'm really just trying to understand the motivation. 🙏

Why not ? After months spend with beta and after few my ideas were actually implemented innit, i am 100% sure i want this synth and it will be (it already is) my main workhorse. It allowed me to delete 75% synth apps i had installed on my iPad :))

So no reason to wait, it just downloads automatically when it gets available ;)

I’m still keeping all my synths as they all sound different and offer something different. But Buttersynth is fantastic.

Whaaat?? Buttersynth doesn’t do subtractive synthesis? Hard pass!

J/K!

Yeah, I’m keeping everything I’ve paid good money for as well. I like having options and choices. My 1TB M1 Pro isn’t even halfway full, and according to AUBE, 123 of the 502 AUv3s I have are synthesizer instruments. I know the saying is “less is more”, but more is also more!

Buttersynth might be an amazing Swiss Army knife type synth that does (almost) everything, but there’s projects where I might want to add one more thing to, and that might not call for a heavy Swiss Army knife synth, but maybe a light weight one trick pony, or something simple.

I think Drambo will always be my main love, and I don’t see anything coming along to change that. Drambo, not only for the immeasurable and unlimited synth building capabilities, but for its hosting and groovebox functionality (pattern building, clip launching, sample manipulating, P-locking, automation, and not to mention one of the most elegant Piano rolls I’ve ever used), all indispensable tools in the way I make music.

I don’t foresee having ANY problems using Buttersynth, and using it alongside the myriad of other amazing tools that I’ve purchased and have gotten to know very well. I’ve already got a few ideas of a few things that will compliment it very well, and being that it can be hosted inside Drambo is just another tasty layer of icing on my musical cake.

So with all that said, I’ve just preordered, and hopping aboard the hype train with the rest of you synth nuts… 🤪

Agreed. Sometimes you just wanna use something that does one thing really well (Speldosa). Or something that’s really simple (Monolit/Krill). Or something that can do everything. I like having the options as well.

That said, my 256 gb iPad is closing in on storage, but I do plan on upgrading this summer to the 1 tb Pro.

I do love Drambo, but Strokes is my current #1 I think.

This discussion has been closed.