Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Buttersynth. New Hybrid Synth from the makers of Cream Mobile

Comments

• edited April 2023

@HotStrange said:

@dendy said:

@tja said:
    19,99 Euro ... not sure that I will bite.
    Is this a reduced sale?

If you need Serum alternative on iOS then it is worth even more. Sound designer’s dream, for me best sounding synth on iOS with actually super intuitive UI and incredible amount of modulation posibilities. Some details are not obvious at first look or for not experienced sound designers but..

I was waiting for years for such synth on iOS..

Wait for Jakob Haq review, should go out very soon …

Agreed. I think it’s gonna go down as one of the best synths on iOS.

one of cool things is filter routing - on most synths with dual filter you just set filter routing to either serial or parallel and then all oscillators are just mixed together and feeded into filter - here in Butter EVERY oscillator can use different filters routing !!

Also love fact that every oscillator (except of FM and noise) has OWN unison module and also unison phase amount knob - very crucial to unison character and very often forgotten by devs - it has profound impact to unidon character

Another fanrastic thing is that you set every oscillator skip FX section.

Or - in WT oscillstor “FMX” modulation is perfect recrestion of famous Nord Lead 2 oscillators fm modulation - absolutely love it.

There is lot of such details which i think are a bit hidden under the hood but they makes this synth very unique.

• @dendy said:
    Or - in WT oscillstor “FMX” modulation is perfect recrestion of famous Nord Lead 2 oscillators fm modulation - absolutely love it.

OK that in itself gives me an itch to scratch! (Psy fan back in the day…)

• @MadGav said:

@dendy said:

yeah, that's it .. instant psytrance leads :)

• @dendy said:

@MadGav said:

@dendy said:

yeah, that's it .. instant psytrance leads :)

Thank you for that insta-reply!!

• @dendy said:

@HotStrange said:

@dendy said:

@tja said:
    19,99 Euro ... not sure that I will bite.
    Is this a reduced sale?

If you need Serum alternative on iOS then it is worth even more. Sound designer’s dream, for me best sounding synth on iOS with actually super intuitive UI and incredible amount of modulation posibilities. Some details are not obvious at first look or for not experienced sound designers but..

I was waiting for years for such synth on iOS..

Wait for Jakob Haq review, should go out very soon …

Agreed. I think it’s gonna go down as one of the best synths on iOS.

one of cool things is filter routing - on most synths with dual filter you just set filter routing to either serial or parallel and then all oscillators are just mixed together and feeded into filter - here in Butter EVERY oscillator can use different filters routing !!

Also love fact that every oscillator (except of FM and noise) has OWN unison module and also unison phase amount knob - very crucial to unison character and very often forgotten by devs - it has profound impact to unidon character

Another fanrastic thing is that you set every oscillator skip FX section.

There is lot of such details which i think are a bit hidden under the hood but they makes this synth very unique.

All great points. The reasons you listed are reasons I love it purely because of how customizable it is. It feels like anything is possible and it basically is 😂 definitely a great synth. Happy to have been a part of the beta.

• edited April 2023

Looks and sounds pretty cool. Will watch out for this one. Thanks for posting the video.

• For those who have tested this, is it relatively light or heavy on CPU? It looks like it can do a lot of the stuff I use Sytnhmaster 1 and 2 for, but those synths are a bit too heavy for me to run multiple instances of

• edited April 2023

@drewinnit said:
    For those who have tested this, is it relatively light or heavy on CPU? It looks like it can do a lot of the stuff I use Sytnhmaster 1 and 2 for, but those synths are a bit too heavy for me to run multiple instances of

It depends. You can overload your CPU very easily by using every osc and FX + 4x oversample in every osc with multiple instances. It's true that ButterSynth requires newer iPad if you want to use multiple instances and all the features but you can easily make simpler patches with an older device too

• @drewinnit said:
    For those who have tested this, is it relatively light or heavy on CPU? It looks like it can do a lot of the stuff I use Sytnhmaster 1 and 2 for, but those synths are a bit too heavy for me to run multiple instances of

I opened 4 sessions of Buttersynth in AUM, played them all 4 on the same time. CPU jumping between 35% and 78%. (iPad Pro 12.9 M1 8GB ram)

• Thank you both for the input!

• Is this Synth the Synth to replace all or most others?
    It seems to...

• @tja said:
    Is this Synth the Synth to replace all or most others?
    It seems to...

honestly, every thinkable synth sound i find on youtube (synth patches tutorials on YT are mostly done in Serum or Vital, which are like benchmark of advanced sound design techniques), i can reproduce more or less in Butter .. this never happened to be before with any iOS synth …

• edited April 2023

• @dendy said:

@tja said:
    It seems to...

honestly, every thinkable synth sound i find on youtube (synth patches tutorials on YT are mostly done in Serum or Vital, which are like benchmark of advanced sound design techniques), i can reproduce more or less in Butter .. this never happened to be before with any iOS synth …

Fully agree! Buttersynth is top level. I often use Serum in Ableton Live but Buttersynth can (almost) match it. I sequence it with my Oxi One, which is a great companion.

• @Pierre118 said:

@dendy said:

@tja said:
    It seems to...

Fully agree! Buttersynth is top level. I often use Serum in Ableton Live but Buttersynth can (almost) match it. I sequence it with my Oxi One, which is a great companion.

So it runs on macOS too?
    And is included in the price?

• edited April 2023

The Testflight version works in MacOS. But if the final version will work, I don't know.

But if it will be iPadOS only, it is 100% worth the buy.

• It’s definitely really rounded in terms of features, it feels like a more friendly/less utilitarian version of serum to me, a bit more guided in the paths of various synthesis methods, and a few that I sing think are in serum to boot…

• I did not want to buy any more Synths at all.
    Ever.

But it seems, this one will be bought 😅

• @tja said:
    I did not want to buy any more Synths at all.
    Ever.

But it seems, this one will be bought 😅

Haha. 😆

• edited April 2023

Huzzah! This versatile uber-synth is almost ready for release in the wild!

But personally, I'm a little concerned about the well-being of the core beta team... 🤣

...one of them almost forgot his ABF login details!

• I’m gonna be that outsider that waits to see what all the hype is about. It does look great & seems extremely powerful but will I actually use it???

• @tk32 said:
    Hurrah. This versatile uber-synth is almost ready for release in the wild!

But personally, I'm a little concerned about the well-being of the core beta team... 🤣

You have been doing a great job!

It was fun contributing to the presets and even more fun to see them included in the beta! 😊

• I mentioned being "cautiously optimistic" about Baby Audio's upcoming synth. Not so with Buttersynth as I preordered it. I've played around with Buttersynth beta since last year during my "Summer of Ambient 2022".

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    I mentioned being "cautiously optimistic" about Baby Audio's upcoming synth. Not so with Buttersynth as I preordered it. I've played around with Buttersynth beta since last year during my "Summer of Ambient 2022".

Same! Definitely gonna buy this one. Been on the beta for about a year as well and I really fell for this one.

• @HotStrange said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    I mentioned being "cautiously optimistic" about Baby Audio's upcoming synth. Not so with Buttersynth as I preordered it. I've played around with Buttersynth beta since last year during my "Summer of Ambient 2022".

Same! Definitely gonna buy this one. Been on the beta for about a year as well and I really fell for this one.

I can't wait to see what new and exciting sound textures I'll produce with this! There's nothing quite like Buttersynth on iOS except for Buttersynth itself.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@HotStrange said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

I can't wait to see what new and exciting sound textures I'll produce with this! There's nothing quite like Buttersynth on iOS except for Buttersynth itself.

Perhaps a Breadsynth is next and then together with Buttersynth we will finally have 🙃

• @tk32 said:
    Huzzah! This versatile uber-synth is almost ready for release in the wild!

...one of them almost forgot his ABF login details!

🤣🤣🤣

• @Stuntman_mike said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@HotStrange said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

Perhaps a Breadsynth is next and then together with Buttersynth we will finally have 🙃

LOL! 😂

• I saw someone mention it was 19.99 Euros the other day and when I looked on my PC it actually said US$29.99 so I thought I might have to wait on this one but I went back today and it was US$16.99 so I pre-ordered it! :sunglasses:

Are more presets needed and if so is there still a way to get beta access before release? :star:

• @oddSTAR said:
    I saw someone mention it was 19.99 Euros the other day and when I looked on my PC it actually said US$29.99 so I thought I might have to wait on this one but I went back today and it was US$16.99 so I pre-ordered it! :sunglasses:

Are more presets needed and if so is there still a way to get beta access before release? :star:

I might be wrong about this but I think as it is already available for preorder on the app store, the initial release has already been approved and any new presets will only be able to make it into future updates.

This discussion has been closed.