Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New Synth Dirty 909 Drum Machine coming from AudioKit Audiocoder.

Comments

• I know that there's been a lot of heated talk here about how the 909 is the most overrated drum machine of all time. I don't know about that, but I will say that those drum sounds in the tweet are just terrible and will never be used by me.

(And still I'll buy it because we need more auv3 drum apps.)

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    I know that there's been a lot of heated talk here about how the 909 is the most overrated drum machine of all time. I don't know about that, but I will say that those drum sounds in the tweet are just terrible and will never be used by me.

Judging by the distorted sounds in the demos, this thing will probably sound really good with the distortion turned off.

• @jolico said:

@0tolerance4silence said:
    They just need to reduce the 90% cpu hit to a reasonable 60-70% per instance :D

😂

What is it that makes their apps so resource heavy?
    They even take much longer to open.
    Why?

The AKPro project is an open-source multi-platform general purpose audio app/plugin framework. Such things are not easy to pull off. They are doing an admirable job and constantly working on making it better -- there will be bumps on the road.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    I know that there's been a lot of heated talk here about how the 909 is the most overrated drum machine of all time. I don't know about that, but I will say that those drum sounds in the tweet are just terrible and will never be used by me.

I would say the 808 is the most overrated. The 808 sound is so overused and to my ears it’s not a great machine. But really sound is very subjective so I’ll leave it there

• yup... she’s dirty

• @ExAsperis99 said:

It'll probably sound fine to you when not crushed with distortion. I could be wrong, but the original teaser mentioned it could be cleaned up.

• release it ffs

• @noob said:
    release it ffs

They’re still saying late September so not much time left. Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s Friday.

• @wim said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

It'll probably sound fine to you when not crushed with distortion. I could be wrong, but the original teaser mentioned it could be cleaned up.

It wasn't just the overdriven drums. The 909 to me is "Pump Up the Jam" — love it, sure, but I'm more likely to do bluegrass. But eager to hear how it can be used!

• I will use this to my destructive advantage

• @iOSTRAKON said:
    I will use this to my destructive advantage

I was about to say something about how this would be right up your alley.

• You know me too well ;)

@ahallam said:

@iOSTRAKON said:
    I will use this to my destructive advantage

I was about to say something about how this would be right up your alley.

• That sounds absolutely nothing like a 909, either that distortion is horrific or this thing sounds nothing like a 909.

• Indeed... I thought 909 sounds like this

• edited October 2020

• Whatever became of this? 🤔

• Could use this on a track brewing right now

• @anickt said:
    Whatever became of this? 🤔

Supposedly out by the end of the month.

• @iOSTRAKON said:
    Could use this on a track brewing right now

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/ruismaker/id1122156899

• Thank you, sir / already got it ;)

@jolico said:

@iOSTRAKON said:
    Could use this on a track brewing right now

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/ruismaker/id1122156899

• is it just me, or do others find the signal from the Audiokit Ltd Edition apps to be way hot ?
    found it hard to tone down to get a more palatable sound with both LE01 & LE02

• @Paul16 said:
    is it just me, or do others find the signal from the Audiokit Ltd Edition apps to be way hot ?
    found it hard to tone down to get a more palatable sound with both LE01 & LE02

Same here😂

• @Bill_Brasky said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

I would say the 808 is the most overrated. The 808 sound is so overused and to my ears it’s not a great machine. But really sound is very subjective so I’ll leave it there

You know what gets me about Roland? They brought us these drum machines 2 decades or so ago and since then they have reissued them in various forms. They moved the needle and then snapped it off.

• edited October 2020

dammit it sounds good... dunno what sausages are in that box, but no emulation ( so far )got it right, could be the timing or smth ..dunno (808 timing etc) or the crisp analogue outputs.. and the fkin ooo mph..sucks you in

• KLVGR's Skaka will be a perfect companion for this :)

• I sometimes wonder if some people think Roland set out to create the “ultimate hip-hop drum machine” and the “ultimate techno drum machine” and so on, then once they did that they “abandoned us”. 😆 When the “classic” Roland instruments were created they were just synths and drum machines because that’s what was happening in music at the time. There were no genres or any particular intent attached to them. The artists made them legendary instruments but they weren’t the only ones out there that people were using.

What am I trying to say? I dunno! Just a thought. 😎👍🏼