Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

THU—Holy Grail for Fender sound

Comments

• To be clear, they give you generous incentives to buy desktop version from them and the associated $1 version from App Store.

Not sure how much that is going to change

• There is a new build today that adds:
    scene management
    Improved midi learn

• edited January 2021

@bobbyj8866 said:
    There is a new build today that adds:
    scene management
    Improved midi learn

Scene management is pretty cool. Still no working IR cabinet. Oh well. There’s still Thafknar!

• Don't upgrade just yet. There are bugs and crashes now when used as AUV3 , works fine as standalone.

Cant open settings or tuner , looper in AUV3 in Audiobus or AUM

• edited January 2021

@bobbyj8866 said:
    Don't upgrade just yet. There are bugs and crashes now when used as AUV3 , works fine as standalone.

Too late. You’re right. A lot of bugs. @overloud Hope you’re on this!

• @bobbyj8866 said:
    Don't upgrade just yet. There are bugs and crashes now when used as AUV3 , works fine as standalone.

That's weird I played it yesterday after updating and it was fine in AUM. Now this morning it isn't and if you tap on the settings button it locks the whole thing up and you have to clear it and reopen. There's another update this morning but it's just a new rig added.

• new version up now fixed it.

• Apropos of OP, thu is releasing their choptones Fender 65 Twin rig. If it’s anything like the Tremolux or Bassman or their other Fender rigs, it’s gonna be a great one. The other day I recorded a song using thu MarkV “tweed clean” preset and bhs Sold “Luke seventh one” for rhythm guitars, and MixBox modular guitar amp Lead 1 preset for solo guitar, they came out legit, will share soon. Highly recommend these tones!

• OK. > @JoyceRoadStudios said:

Apropos of OP, thu is releasing their choptones Fender 65 Twin rig. If it’s anything like the Tremolux or Bassman or their other Fender rigs, it’s gonna be a great one. The other day I recorded a song using thu MarkV “tweed clean” preset and bhs Sold “Luke seventh one” for rhythm guitars, and MixBox modular guitar amp Lead 1 preset for solo guitar, they came out legit, will share soon. Highly recommend these tones!

OK. This is the one I’ve been waiting for!!!

• It sounds like this is a proprietary convolution method that uses their own format IRs. It doesn't sound like you can bring your own IRs. Maybe they will have some sort of conversion tool that would make importing/converting your own IRs?

• I think we find out Monday.

• edited February 2021

They must hav gotten so many requests that they came up with this.

• Update is here with several goodies

• The Twin is on the money. Could’ve saved a lot of money if they had this from the beginning

• edited February 2021

Well Well Well... Ladies and Gentlemen we have an IR Loader!!! It’s not instantly obvious where it is, but if you go into each cabinet you can load an IR instead of mic a and mic b, so this means you can at least load two IRs at the same time. I wonder how many cabinets you can have at once with several IRs before it maxes out dsp. I also wonder if the choice of cabinet will have any effect on the IR since any of the cabinets can load them. Maybe it becomes an aesthetic choice. It looks like the file loading system is versatile in terms of which kinds of folders or files it can import. The dummy “IR Loader” cabinet which was a placeholder is now a “Legacy IR loader”, which I guess means it’s out of commission and was never implemented to begin with. I wonder why they didn’t just activate it with the new loader and put it inside every cabinet instead. Very interesting. It looks like for the Rigs you need to disable the rig cab and simply load a sim cabinet with IR instead. I don’t see an IR loader inside the rig player, maybe it’s there and I’m not seeing it.

Can we take a moment now to praise this free new update and acknowledge what a big achievement this is for Overloud. This is huge news and puts th-u at the forefront as the guitar rig universe app to beat. Let’s hope it’s stable.

Regardless of the tech stating it can account for sample rate mismatch, I would still recommend using IRs with sample rate that matches whatever sample rate you are working in inside Overloud or the DAW. Looks like I’ll be uploading all sample rate versions of the Ownhammers.

Cheers!

• @audiobussy said:
    The Twin is on the money. Could’ve saved a lot of money if they had this from the beginning

Looks like I know what I’m doing today...

• @JoyceRoadStudios said:

@audiobussy said:
    The Twin is on the money. Could’ve saved a lot of money if they had this from the beginning

As I recall, you were looking for tones that are just starting to break up. Bassman etc great for that. These, for the most part are true, clean Fender tones

What’s great is that a Twin is unbelievably heavy and loud. Not ours!

• edited February 2021

@audiobussy said:

@JoyceRoadStudios said:

@audiobussy said:

As I recall, you were looking for tones that are just starting to break up. Bassman etc great for that. These, for the most part are true, clean Fender tones

If this Twin achieves the massive clean headroom of a real Twin and even a glimpse of its authentic tone, I’m gonna be really happy. A twin surrounded by pedalboard is a match made in heaven. And a double IR loader? I can load some Ownhammers that are the same speakers used in the ‘65 Twin. Cheers to Overloud!

I remember about 16 years ago, I took my black beauty to a music store and tried out a ‘65 Twin Reissue. I could not believe the tone. It was clean and tight but it was also growly and full of life. I will never forget that compelling clean tone. I couldn’t afford the amp but I still remember the sound. You can never forget it.

• edited February 2021

@JoyceRoadStudios said:

@audiobussy said:

@JoyceRoadStudios said:

@audiobussy said:

If this Twin achieves the massive clean headroom of a real Twin and even a glimpse of its authentic tone, I’m gonna be really happy. A twin surrounded by pedalboard is a match made in heaven. And a double IR loader? I can load some Ownhammers that are the same speakers used in the ‘65 Twin. Cheers to Overloud!

I remember about 16 years ago, I took my black beauty to a music store and tried out a ‘65 Twin Reissue. I could not believe the tone. It was clean and tight but it was also growly and full of life. I will never forget that compelling clean tone. I couldn’t afford the amp but I still remember the sound. You can never forget it.

Awesome. I think you’re going to love this. And I encourage everyone to buy through Overloud and then get the one dollar rig from the iTunes Store.

BTW, 800 COMMENTS!!!

• This is really awesome. I have some H3000*.wav I've been using with IMPULSation but I know hear it's another ballgame loading like this. Wonderful work Overloud, thank you!
    It did not accept the whole folder like Impulsation did but instead had to take one by one and not all were accepted. Who cares :D Have enough for some real play.

• 🔥🔥🔥🔥

• @audiobussy said:

Is this available on iOS yet? I can't find it in the store.

• @steve99 said:

@audiobussy said:

It is here in California. Have you manually searched? Sometimes updates don’t show up right away in the list of available updates.

• @espiegel123 said:

@steve99 said:

@audiobussy said:

It is here in California. Have you manually searched? Sometimes updates don’t show up right away in the list of available updates.

I've got the update, but no sign of the Twin...

• edited February 2021

@steve99 said:

@espiegel123 said:

@steve99 said:

@audiobussy said:

It’s one of the “rigs“. You have to pay extra for it. I recommend buying it at the Overloud store and then buying the corresponding version on iOS for a dollar

• @steve99 said:

@espiegel123 said:

@steve99 said:

@audiobussy said:

It’s near the bottom between Fried Jackie and Brit SL5. $17.99.

• @audiobussy said:

@steve99 said:

@espiegel123 said:

@steve99 said:

@audiobussy said:

It’s one of the “rigs“. You have to pay extra for it. I recommend buying it at the overload store and then buying the corresponding version on iOS for a dollar

I get that, but does the iOS version exist yet?

• As of today, yes. Maybe it takes a while to trickle through the system, but the update is out today and I am jamming on the twin

• I'll be there soon then :) Thank you