Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AddStation by Virsyn (released)

18910111214»

Comments

• But yeah, currently, it very much needs a pencil in order to have any accuracy over individual harmonics. I discussed this with Harry and he has put some way to make this more workable on his to-do list 🔥

• edited July 2023

@VirSyn said:
    Drone made with a couple of manually tuned and levelled sine tones + noise in AddStation inspired by Eliane Radigue. (Thanks @Gavinski to get Eliane to my attention)

>

That’s awesome 🤤
    Perfect for film

• @Gavinski said:
    But yeah, currently, it very much needs a pencil in order to have any accuracy over individual harmonics. I discussed this with Harry and he has put some way to make this more workable on his to-do list 🔥

@VirSyn Have you made any progress on implementing a way to more accurately control individual harmonics? It's currently quite hard to adjust a single harmonic without accidentally bumping the adjacent harmonics.

One solution might be a zoom control for the X axis, which would provide more space between individual harmonics to accurately adjust them.

Another would be the ability to MIDI map individual harmonics. This would be great for adjusting harmonics using a controller or an external modulation source.

A value pickup mode would also be useful, so the harmonics can be adjusted from their current value, rather than jumping straight to a new value. This would allow much smoother control when adjusting individual harmonics in real time. If you could toggle pickup on or off, you'd still be able to draw in harmonics when needed, but also have fine grain control for live manipulation.

I know all this is a big ask, but it would really open up the possibilities for exploring subtle drones and slow manipulation of the harmonic content. Thanks for considering!

• @ghostclub said:

@Gavinski said:
    But yeah, currently, it very much needs a pencil in order to have any accuracy over individual harmonics. I discussed this with Harry and he has put some way to make this more workable on his to-do list 🔥

@VirSyn Have you made any progress on implementing a way to more accurately control individual harmonics? It's currently quite hard to adjust a single harmonic without accidentally bumping the adjacent harmonics.

One solution might be a zoom control for the X axis, which would provide more space between individual harmonics to accurately adjust them.

Another would be the ability to MIDI map individual harmonics. This would be great for adjusting harmonics using a controller or an external modulation source.

A value pickup mode would also be useful, so the harmonics can be adjusted from their current value, rather than jumping straight to a new value. This would allow much smoother control when adjusting individual harmonics in real time. If you could toggle pickup on or off, you'd still be able to draw in harmonics when needed, but also have fine grain control for live manipulation.

I know all this is a big ask, but it would really open up the possibilities for exploring subtle drones and slow manipulation of the harmonic content. Thanks for considering!

You know you can use CC right? and thus attach a controller (or LFO) via midi learn to a few of the harmonics. To address all 256 is one hell of a job but luckily not necessary either, but, you could if. you wanted.

• edited February 25

@Pxlhg said:
    You know you can use CC right? and thus attach a controller (or LFO) via midi learn to a few of the harmonics. To address all 256 is one hell of a job but luckily not necessary either, but, you could if. you wanted.

Thank you! I didn't know that, I should have RTFM more closely... I'll give that a go, it's exactly what I wanted. Even mapping the first dozen or so would be super useful for me.

• I’ve been resurrecting this app. Is it me, or is the left/right panning backwards? I’m not ocd, but this is bugging me.

• @Crawlingwind said:
    I’ve been resurrecting this app. Is it me, or is the left/right panning backwards? I’m not ocd, but this is bugging me.

It depends on whether it is moving the Window across the image, or moving the underlying Image through the window.

• Well, all I know is that when turn the pan dial to the right, the sound comes out the left and vice versa. His other apps don’t do this.

@uncledave said:

@Crawlingwind said:
    I’ve been resurrecting this app. Is it me, or is the left/right panning backwards? I’m not ocd, but this is bugging me.

It depends on whether it is moving the Window across the image, or moving the underlying Image through the window.

• @Crawlingwind said:
    Well, all I know is that when turn the pan dial to the right, the sound comes out the left and vice versa. His other apps don’t do this.

Ah, I see. I thought you were referring to a screen display. Audio panning is a bit different. I once saw a piano model like that; the high notes came out the left speaker.