Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Chord Bud 2 Out Now

Comments

• Nope just tested - still not fixed

• edited September 2020

I tried Scaler once on desktop and really liked it. Is ChordBud 2 have similar functionailty? Interested in access to “exotic” scales too...

• @Owgill
    Same, I love the all the apps but I could do and would highly appreciate some examples and tutorials to combine the apps. Perhaps a new thread with All the buds apps tips, tricks, workflows and uses?

• I've got a couple of quick demo videos, working them together:

• BTW - about the preview feature, yeah ok, you're going to have it in the next week 👍

• ^ that’s great news ! Thanks for listening .....

• edited September 2020

Great to hear that you're going to add the preview feature! 👍

Beside some inconsistencies that need to be fixed it surely is already a really good chord tool. In view of the fact that it should be a chord sequencer in the first place I would appreciate a more flexible timeline handling:

a. timeline grid resolution selectable down to 64th note lengh
    b. snap to grid, snap to chords, disengageable
    c. automatic scrolling at end of used range, disengageable
    d. selection of multiple chords to group/move/copy/delete/split them
    e. possibility of triplets/quintuplets**
    f. let me think...to be continued...

The split function puzzles me, I don’t get its logic. For example I want to split an 8 bar chord into 1/16 but there were many more parts. A 1 bar chord is not split into 16 parts but into 4, a 1/8 split results in 2 parts. 1/4 and 1/2 is not selectable at all if the chord has only 1 bar length. For my understanding a chord should be split into 1, 2, 4, 8, triplets**, etc. parts and then played with the corresponding note length. Please enlighten me...

Somewhat problematic for me is the need to jump on iOS 14 immediately after release because certain quirks obviously don't show up there in tests and you would have to live with the obstacles for a while if you don't upgrade. I rather prefer to wait for a few more releases, especially after jumping to a full new version as it is 14. Just a matter of experience over the time.

Maybe my suggestions are outside of how you has designed the concept and I respect that completely. Which unfortunately would mean further waiting for the ultimate iOS chord sequencer. But Chord Bud 2 has even more enormous potential which you hopefully will push to the limits

• @cem_olcay yes thanks for the videos, definitely sparking my curiousity! However I am at a total loss how to setup the one with ChordBud, RhythmBud And StepBud lol. I’ve been experimenting last night to recreate that, but could get it to work. Like how to setup the midi routing in aum. Can’t seem to get them to change pattern. Also, in my StepBud, in the created cc10 tab, the faders show 0-127, and in your video they seem to show 0 or 1, can’t figure out how you did that.

• @cem_olcay said:
    BTW - about the preview feature, yeah ok, you're going to have it in the next week 👍

That s amazing news! Thanks for listening Cem ! Looking forward to it.

Will it be possible to playback a chord sequence and to listen to the chords preview at the same time? That would be very handy.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited September 2020

@Owgill said:

@Frank303 said:
    @cem_olcay yes thanks for the videos, definitely sparking my curiousity! However I am at a total loss how to setup the one with ChordBud, RhythmBud And StepBud lol. I’ve been experimenting last night to recreate that, but could get it to work. Like how to setup the midi routing in aum. Can’t seem to get them to change pattern. Also, in my StepBud, in the created cc10 tab, the faders show 0-127, and in your video they seem to show 0 or 1, can’t figure out how you did that.

And maybe how and where ScaleBud would be useful

Scalebud imho is the best of the bud apps. Shows the notes and chords in the scales, makes it impossible to play notes out of scale, by silencing them, which in turn helps you learn the scale. It has chord pads, so you just press the pad and it plays the chord. It's useful to have a sequence going with Chordbud2 and then use scalebud to find an arp or counter melody over top. Very useful. I just randomly came up with a nice little beat with these two apps.

• @cem_olcay great news Cem, really dig the way you deal with your users 👍👍👍

• edited September 2020

It would be useful to have undo and redo in CB2. As well as rests for longer progressions. Bass notes would be a bonus as well.

Edit: Nvm about rests, you can just leave an empty space lol.

• @cem_olcay said:
    BTW - about the preview feature, yeah ok, you're going to have it in the next week 👍

Reading through this thread, having not purchased the app, trying to decide whether I need it or not — the devs attitude towards his users and fielding these requests has convinced me to buy.

Not that I feel every request needs to be added but the devs kind and careful responses are excellent. Thanks @cem_olcay.

• @gkillmaster said:
    I tried Scaler once on desktop and really liked it. Is ChordBud 2 have similar functionailty? Interested in access to “exotic” scales too...

@gkillmaster Scaler 2 is miles ahead of anything available on iOS. Hopefully one day we see the same flexibility in one tool.

• @Jumpercollins said:

@gkillmaster said:

@gkillmaster Scaler 2 is miles ahead of anything available on iOS. Hopefully one day we see the same flexibility in one tool.

Thanks!!! good to know...

• @Jumpercollins said:

@gkillmaster said:

Scaler is like a combination of 15 bud plugins. I've just released the 5th one btw :smiley:
    I want to switch to the desktop world in a near future though. I'm waiting for the new Apple Silicon (ARM) Macs. They might be a game changer for iOS devs.

• edited September 2020

OT chuckles in Beavis and Buthead "it's a combination of 15 bud plugins"
    (sorry if not ok, no offense)

• @Frank303 said:
    OT chuckles in Beavis and Buthead "it's a combination of 15 bud plugins"
    (sorry if not ok, no offense)

lol I meant like my next 10 imaginary releases plus the 5 existing ones :smiley:
    I love Plugin Boutique, those guys are like my heroes.

• xorxor
    edited September 2020

Would it make sense to default a new pattern to the key signature of the current pattern?

When changing the key, the pop up should really default to the current key.

• Does anyone know how to change a thread title when the gear button is gone?

• @cem_olcay really liking ChordBud. Have you considered adding humanization to it? I’m thinking specifically “strumming” and slight variation in velocity. It’s easy enough to run it through a Drambo humanizer but I have to believe you could add some additional smarts by intelligently applying how the human hand actually plays chords rather than just random variation.

• @cem_olcay said:
    I've got a couple of quick demo videos, working them together:

so in the second video... is step bud changing the snapshot in rhythm bud?

• @Owgill in the mean time you can kind of do this with Drambo using the midi to poly module. It round robins each incoming note to a separate output but it always works in multiples of four so the notes of two triads wouldn’t be routed to the same channel and the first and last note of a five note chord would be routed to the same channel. There are ways to make a n-way round robin by nesting them but there’s no way that chords with different number of notes always route the lowest/first note to the same midi channel. (I hope that’s understandable.)

• @cem_olcay said:

Wow, that is super responsive! Thanks so much. B)

• @reasOne said:

@cem_olcay said:
    I've got a couple of quick demo videos, working them together:

so in the second video... is step bud changing the snapshot in rhythm bud?

What a fab way to combine the apps @cem_olcay certainly adds spice and variation. That's for bringing these fab tools to iOS.

• Just bought @cem_olcay.

Love and have all your apps.

Thanks for making the preview of the cords the next big thing.

How could you can delete a chord if the press to delete does not work guys?

• @Charlesalbert said:
    Just bought @cem_olcay.

Love and have all your apps.

Thanks for making the preview of the cords the next big thing.

How could you can delete a chord if the press to delete does not work guys?

Cog wheel (settings)

Input Behavior

"Update"

Now when you press a new chord it will update the current chord.

You can also move the chord past the end cursor and the sequence will restart without playing said chord.