Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BM3 export...disappointing

2»

Comments

• @espiegel123 said:
    @IOSSOS : how about changing the thread title to something that sounds like a general statement about BM3 export, maybe: "BM3 Export...Help Needed"

I don't find BM3 export to be generally problematic. There is probably something specific about your project that BM3 is having a problem with.

Yah, it has been pretty solid for me, especially on the newer (for me) Pro 10.5, which is why I would love to explore this as an actual bug repro than just a workaround, in case I run into it myself one day.

• I’ve been using BM3 all week writing a tune a day (trying to get my sh1t together for a change) and I’ve had zero problems with it - export, recording audio, sampling - the lot. No problems. Not disappointing at all for me a diehard Cubasis user.

• @ajmiller said:
    I’ve been using BM3 all week writing a tune a day (trying to get my sh1t together for a change) and I’ve had zero problems with it - export, recording audio, sampling - the lot. No problems. Not disappointing at all for me a diehard Cubasis user.

Wait. Wait. Wait. Zero issues in a week???? I absolutely adore BM3, and it’s 1Mx more stable than it was @launch, but I still get a crash every couple days, at minimum.

This isn’t hyperbole. It has happened so much in the 3yrs I’ve been using it that I can “feel” the crash coming. Even when I can’t reproduce it 😂.

A little advice, in case you don’t already: SAVE LIKE A MADMAN!!! And keep bangin’!

• edited August 2020

BM3 crashes and/or kills audio engine maybe half the time I use it. I just save after every tweak and try not to load her down with au plugs. I’ve noticed especially when I have all my toneboosters plugs on my master, shit gets funky.

But still Bm3 has this funk to the sequencer I can’t replicate anywhere else. It just rocks at making head banger drum patterns.

I bought a new iPad should be here soon (mini 5) and I’m hoping that’ll ease some of my master track woes. Also holding out for BM3 to take advantage of upcoming multi-core processing with iOS 14.

As it stands I make my stems in Bm3 and throw em to cubasis 3 or into my hardware sampler.
    With just a hair more stability I can do end to end within Bm3

• Can’t wait to see what’s in the update...must be real soon...?

• @Gaia.Tree said:
    BM3 crashes and/or kills audio engine maybe half the time I use it. I just save after every tweak and try not to load her down with au plugs. I’ve noticed especially when I have all my toneboosters plugs on my master, shit gets funky.

But still Bm3 has this funk to the sequencer I can’t replicate anywhere else. It just rocks at making head banger drum patterns.

I bought a new iPad should be here soon (mini 5) and I’m hoping that’ll ease some of my master track woes. Also holding out for BM3 to take advantage of upcoming multi-core processing with iOS 14.

Would be sweet. Smarties tell me that this sort of thing is best done from scratch or requires major chunks of Uhhh hard stuff to be rewritten. But maybe the iOS level uhhh AU support stuff will benefit from it.

As it stands I make my stems in Bm3 and throw em to cubasis 3 or into my hardware sampler.
    With just a hair more stability I can do end to end within Bm3

Yah with bug free Au automation and bank freezing I would be very cozy in BM3.