Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Overloud THU by Almateq srl updated with auv3 support

12346»

Comments

• @JoyceRoadStudios said:
    Now if only there was a way to turn on only the Rig cabinets and use them with amp sims, that would be really cool since those cabs are captured, but seems not possible as far as I can tell...

In the Rig Player one can turn off the amp power and the cab power independently (circled blue).

It worked for me to put a rig (with amp turned off) behind a standalone amp, and I do get a different response through it.

Does that not work in all cases / are the results not satisfactory?

• @Tim6502 said:

In the Rig Player one can turn off the amp power and the cab power independently (circled blue).

It worked for me to put a rig (with amp turned off) behind a standalone amp, and I do get a different response through it.

Does that not work in all cases / are the results not satisfactory?

Oh yeah I guess I hadn’t thought of that, I figured to turn off the amp you have to turn the power off at the top of menu which disables the whole rig. I wonder though if turning off the “amp” rather than “power” is just turning off the tube pre and not the power amp. If Power on Amp off Cab on just leaves the cab and nothing else, then essentially you have a big collection of captured IRs from Choptones/BHS/THU that you can use with the amp sims or even other apps. They’re not as tweakable as other IRs, but I imagine you could use the Overloud splitter and chain several combinations of rig cabs and sim cabs. My head hurts from the possibilities.

If Power on Amp off Cab on just leaves the cab and nothing else, then essentially you have a big collection of captured IRs from Choptones/BHS/THU that you can use with the amp sims or even other apps.

Exactly this.

Having only the 'freebie rigs', I do see a couple that share the same cab. When I use the Rig Player with 'amp power off' / 'cab power on' and switch between these rigs with the same cab, I cannot hear a difference. So all that is active is the cab part from the rig, and not the amp.
    Of note, from Rig Player you can browse-change the rig or just the cab. With this setting in Rig Player both of these have the same effect.

As you noted, the rig cab cannot be adjusted further. Though with an IR you could not do that, either - you'd have to select a different one.

That does lead me to a related question: how does the Cabinet IR cab work? It does not appear to do anything at the moment.
    Does Overloud expect us to purchase IRs for this or can we load our own?

• @Tim6502 said:

As you noted, the rig cab cannot be adjusted further. Though with an IR you could not do that, either - you'd have to select a different one.

That’s true but if you’re using an IR app like Iconvolver or Thafknar you can adjust parameters within the app beyond just loading the IR. Overloud IRs are preset and you can only adjust the amp settings as far as I can tell.

That does lead me to a related question: how does the Cabinet IR cab work? It does not appear to do anything at the moment.
    Does Overloud expect us to purchase IRs for this or can we load our own?

I’m not exactly sure what you mean, I don’t think that you can load your own IRs in iOS version, do you mean desktop?

I got frivolous yesterday and bought a few too many Rigs. They are really impressive and the captured collection within each rig is almost too much to sift through. Some of the rigs have several hundred captures and only 10 presets, while other rigs have 70 presets alone. These factors are important in deciding which rigs to get. You could go for one special amp captured ad nauseam, or a collection of amps captured in a few iterations. There was only one Rig I didn’t like. Overall I think Choptones have the best sounding. The Bassman and Edge might be the best Fender sounds I’ve heard in iOS so far. So many great captures to choose from, I’m not too worried about my own IRs in that scenario. Now I’m afraid the actual amp sims will be neglected for a while.

• Is there a way to restore the factory presets without deleting the app? I accidentally wrote over some and would like the factory ones as a reference.

• @espiegel123 said:
    Is there a way to restore the factory presets without deleting the app? I accidentally wrote over some and would like the factory ones as a reference.

I wrote to the developers a few months ago asking for a “restore to default preset” button or option for one of their future updates, they said they’ll look into it. Deleting and re-installing the app seems to be the only way for now...

@espiegel123 said:
    Is there a way to restore the factory presets without deleting the app? I accidentally wrote over some and would like the factory ones as a reference.

I wrote to the developers a few months ago asking for a “restore to default preset” button or option for one of their future updates, they said they’ll look into it. Deleting and re-installing the app seems to be the only way for now...

If someone has the default presets intact, would you mind exporting and posting a copy?

• edited September 2020

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1w6nBxjoG-x1YFrIh4bC7-QPgjQl-KmUp/view?usp=drivesdk

@espiegel123 does this work? And if so which banks do you need the first 11? I have the app on iPad and iPhone and the phone presets are unaltered.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1w6nBxjoG-x1YFrIh4bC7-QPgjQl-KmUp/view?usp=drivesdk

@espiegel123 does this work? And if so which banks do you need the first 11? I have the app on iPad and iPhone and the phone presets are unaltered.

Worked great! Thanks so much.

• I noticed that both the Funk and Rock collections include M.Plexi. I notice that the pictures on the Overloud web site are different. One says “Voice 1”. The other Voice 2. Do those bundles only unlock part of the M-Plexi?

• edited September 2020

Interesting discovery. The full pack has Plexi 1 and 2 as separate amp heads in the list. A lot of the amps are separated this way. However, when you go into the Overloud store under components, the ala carte amps for $4.99 are not separated. There’s only one Plexi for sale, one Randall and not three, and one Modern. This means that either for $4.99 you get all the components or that you can only get the others with the full pack. As for the bundles I think you only get part of the amp that’s listed because they specify, though I’m not 100% sure. The plexi is great btw. Lots of people own the funk collection and could answer that question with certainty...

• @espiegel123 said:
    I noticed that both the Funk and Rock collections include M.Plexi. I notice that the pictures on the Overloud web site are different. One says “Voice 1”. The other Voice 2. Do those bundles only unlock part of the M-Plexi?

When I go thru the presets on the funk bundle it only comes up with the plexi 1, and in the rock presets it only has plexi 2.

• @Bootsy said:

@espiegel123 said:
    I noticed that both the Funk and Rock collections include M.Plexi. I notice that the pictures on the Overloud web site are different. One says “Voice 1”. The other Voice 2. Do those bundles only unlock part of the M-Plexi?

When I go thru the presets on the funk bundle it only comes up with the plexi 1, and in the rock presets it only has plexi 2.

Tx. How different do the two seem?

• @espiegel123 said:

@Bootsy said:

@espiegel123 said:

Tx. How different do the two seem?

2 is definitely brighter maybe slightly more gritty, and 1 is warmer. Switch the preamp tube On 2 from
    12 ax7 to at7 and it cuts some of the shrill

• @d4d0ug said:
    +1for syncing the looper to the host

is the looper a pedal you buy, or a different section in the gui ?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @eross said:

@d4d0ug said:
    +1for syncing the looper to the host

is the looper a pedal you buy, or a different section in the gui ?

Believe it's built-in. Shows up in the global Settings and the Global MIDI Map, controlled by CCs.