Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

LK - for Ableton Live & Midi by Imaginando - AUv3 Clip Launcher Finally Available in AUM!!

Comments

• @sinosoidal said:

@mbncp said:
    I really like the app but it crashes really too often for my taste, using it with Drambo, just one instance of LK (using MIDI Bus app for routing), on an iPad Air 4 th gen.
    Rebooting doesn't help and the crash is very random, also sometimes the GUI is all black although the plug seems still working. Removing LK and trying to reload doesn't work, only way is to restart Drambo.
    Recovery state prevents from loosing all my work, but not always.
    Any idea ?

Are other users having this experience? We have the lowest crash rate in 90 days.

Maybe there is something particular about your setup that is triggering those crashes.

Can you please make the simplest project that replicates the crashes very easily? Maybe that would help us finding the problem.

Thanks!

I'm trying in Cubasis 3 now to see if it's related to Drambo, and so far not a crash in a couple of hours, will let you know.
    Speaking about Cubasis, I wouldn't mind an Mfx version of LK.

• @sinosoidal Has scene based follow actions on the radar?

It would make life easier for arranging songs (as there is no arrangement view like in Ableton) we are limited to the session view for arrangement and jamming.

• edited March 2021

@mbncp said:
    I really like the app but it crashes really too often for my taste, using it with Drambo, just one instance of LK (using MIDI Bus app for routing), on an iPad Air 4 th gen.
    Rebooting doesn't help and the crash is very random, also sometimes the GUI is all black although the plug seems still working. Removing LK and trying to reload doesn't work, only way is to restart Drambo.
    Any idea ?

On which iOS version?
    I don't see crashes on iOS 13.7.

• @rs2000 said:

@mbncp said:
    Any idea ?

On which iOS version?
    I don't see crashes on iOS 13.7.

IOS 14.4
    Just had my first crash using it in Cubasis, but it’s possible I had a MIDI loop

• @soundtemple said:
    @sinosoidal Has scene based follow actions on the radar?

It would make life easier for arranging songs (as there is no arrangement view like in Ableton) we are limited to the session view for arrangement and jamming.

Yes! Scene follow actions should probably be implemented soon. Maybe for 1.10.3 or 1.10.4. Let's see how it goes. :blush:

• @sinosoidal said:

@soundtemple said:

Yes! Scene follow actions should probably be implemented soon. Maybe for 1.10.3 or 1.10.4. Let's see how it goes. :blush:

Music to my ears! (pun intended)

• @wim said:

@mbncp said:

@wim said:

@mbncp said:
    Is there a way to filter midi learned messages. I use midi keys to trigger clips and my synth is receiving them.
    LK is even recording them .. weird

What happens if you unarm the track?

Well, then there is no midi at all going thru. IMO these midi learn events should be filtered, first time I see an app behaving this way :o I could filter them but it's annoying that they get recorded in LK

So ... the app needs to remember all the notes that you've used for mapping and exclude them from pass-through and recording? I guess I never ran into that because I would always use a midi CC's or a separate midi channel for automation. I typically use channel 16 for automation. That's not always an option for controllers that can't change channels, I know.

Each track can be told to listen to a single midi channel rather than All. I don't know if that helps but is the method I use.

I would > @sinosoidal said:

@soundtemple said:

Can you give a sense of where on your priority list support for non-4/4 time signatures is?

• @espiegel123 said:

@wim said:

@mbncp said:

@wim said:

@mbncp said:
    Is there a way to filter midi learned messages. I use midi keys to trigger clips and my synth is receiving them.
    LK is even recording them .. weird

What happens if you unarm the track?

Well, then there is no midi at all going thru. IMO these midi learn events should be filtered, first time I see an app behaving this way :o I could filter them but it's annoying that they get recorded in LK

So ... the app needs to remember all the notes that you've used for mapping and exclude them from pass-through and recording? I guess I never ran into that because I would always use a midi CC's or a separate midi channel for automation. I typically use channel 16 for automation. That's not always an option for controllers that can't change channels, I know.

Each track can be told to listen to a single midi channel rather than All. I don't know if that helps but is the method I use.

I would > @sinosoidal said:

@soundtemple said:

Can you give a sense of where on your priority list support for non-4/4 time signatures is?

It's on our list. It's not an easy task and we are facing issues with Ableton Live side of LK that must be resolved, apart from ongoing internal refactors to LK to make it more performant. I can't promise you an ETA. Not this month for sure. Sorry! :disappointed:

• @sinosoidal can I airdrop a project from one LK to LK on another device? Looks like I can airdrop banks but can’t work out how to create a new bank.

• edited March 2021

I finally made a virtual clip launcher using MidiPad 2

It’s not perfect as you have to manually untoggle pads. The scene buttons work though or you can swipe the row of pads. The buttons at the bottom stop each track.

It’ll do for now but could do with a dedicated app for this, or a new controller for LK.

Insta version if you prefer: https://www.instagram.com/tv/CMH3GWCpM8p/?igshid=i7e4vckwe8yq

• @gregsmith said:

It’s not perfect as you have to manually untoggle pads. The scene buttons work though or you can swipe the row of pads. The buttons at the bottom stop each track.

It’ll do for now but could do with a dedicated app for this, or a new controller for LK.

Insta version if you prefer: https://www.instagram.com/tv/CMH3GWCpM8p/?igshid=i7e4vckwe8yq

:wink:

• @gregsmith said:

This is very cool indeed. But if I may ask... what’s the advantage of using the smaller screen when you have all the clips in front of you in Lk?

• @tahiche said:

@gregsmith said:

This is very cool indeed. But if I may ask... what’s the advantage of using the smaller screen when you have all the clips in front of you in Lk?

In theory, the main advantage is that you can mess with all the other faders and knobs etc. in AUM without LK taking up the screen - same as if you have a hardware launchpad.

It was really of just to see if I could do it though tbh!

@sinosoidal said:

👌🙌

• @gregsmith said:

@tahiche said:

@gregsmith said:

In theory, the main advantage is that you can mess with all the other faders and knobs etc. in AUM without LK taking up the screen - same as if you have a hardware launchpad.

@sinosoidal said:

👌🙌

And you did it! 👍
    It would indeed be helpful if using the controller mode/screen in LK. Talking about the controller... I’ve not been able to use it as is, I don’t understand why the whole controller is mapped to a single midi channel. I think you should be able to assign midi channel per control as this is a global performance tool. As is, you can’t control individual AUM channels with it, like volumes. Unless you mal everything in aum to a single midi channel and so on, but that’s a hassle.

• @tahiche said:

@gregsmith said:

@tahiche said:

@gregsmith said:

@sinosoidal said:

👌🙌

And you did it! 👍
    It would indeed be helpful if using the controller mode/screen in LK. Talking about the controller... I’ve not been able to use it as is, I don’t understand why the whole controller is mapped to a single midi channel. I think you should be able to assign midi channel per control as this is a global performance tool. As is, you can’t control individual AUM channels with it, like volumes. Unless you mal everything in aum to a single midi channel and so on, but that’s a hassle.

The forthcomming 1.10.2 will address that issue with the ability to select channel, cc, min value, max value and color for each control element.

• @sinosoidal said:

@soundtemple said:

Just got into LK. Great app! Scene follow actions would be my number one feature request. Thanks for listening!

• @sinosoidal said:

@tahiche said:

@gregsmith said:

@tahiche said:

@gregsmith said:

@sinosoidal said:

👌🙌

And you did it! 👍

The forthcomming 1.10.2 will address that issue with the ability to select channel, cc, min value, max value and color for each control element.

You da man! 🔥

• @sinosoidal Really digging LK! Quick question about probability: right now, I can control the probability of a note either playing or not, which is useful. But it would be even more useful if I could select three notes and assign them to a "probability group" that only allows one to play at a time. So, for instance, I select two notes and put them in a probability group that plays one of the notes but not the other. If I select three notes, it randomly plays one of the three notes each time through the sequence. This is especially helpful for creating some variation in melodies and bass lines. Right now, the probability in these use cases can play a chord (more than one note plays) or silence, which is not always optimal. Anyway, an idea. :smile:

• @tahiche said:

@sinosoidal said:

@tahiche said:

@gregsmith said:

@tahiche said:

@gregsmith said:

@sinosoidal said:

👌🙌

And you did it! 👍

You da man! 🔥

The first beta has already been submited, we are just waiting it becomes available to users. You should receive a notification soon. We definitely need heavy testing on this version as we have updated all the dialogs and something might be broken or not looking properly yet.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    @sinosoidal Really digging LK! Quick question about probability: right now, I can control the probability of a note either playing or not, which is useful. But it would be even more useful if I could select three notes and assign them to a "probability group" that only allows one to play at a time. So, for instance, I select two notes and put them in a probability group that plays one of the notes but not the other. If I select three notes, it randomly plays one of the three notes each time through the sequence. This is especially helpful for creating some variation in melodies and bass lines. Right now, the probability in these use cases can play a chord (more than one note plays) or silence, which is not always optimal. Anyway, an idea. :smile:

Definitely a great suggestion. I will write this down. Thanks for your feedback! :blush:

• @sinosoidal said:

@lukesleepwalker said:
    @sinosoidal Really digging LK! Quick question about probability: right now, I can control the probability of a note either playing or not, which is useful. But it would be even more useful if I could select three notes and assign them to a "probability group" that only allows one to play at a time. So, for instance, I select two notes and put them in a probability group that plays one of the notes but not the other. If I select three notes, it randomly plays one of the three notes each time through the sequence. This is especially helpful for creating some variation in melodies and bass lines. Right now, the probability in these use cases can play a chord (more than one note plays) or silence, which is not always optimal. Anyway, an idea. :smile:

Definitely a great suggestion. I will write this down. Thanks for your feedback! :blush:

This is a great idea!. Would add some controlled variance.

• I'm not sure if this has been asked, but is it possible to match clips colors to the pads on the Launchpad X?

• @sinosoidal said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

Cool, thanks for listening!

• I'm wondering if it's possible to make sure that when LK is closed in AUM that the LPPro3 would leave session mode?

Currently when closing LK in AUM the LPPro3 is stuck in session mode...
    (Ie. the session light is still on even though the LPPRo3 is not connected to any session).

When I for example close Ampify Launcpad (Which also uses session mode) the LPPro3 goes out of session mode when the app is closed. The manual mentions some SysEX strings that are used to toggle session mode on/off.

I am a LP newbie so this could be a 'user error' as well...
    ...I've read the manuals more than once but I'm not a master of the device yet but I do love the built-in sequencer :)

• @Samu said:
    I'm wondering if it's possible to make sure that when LK is closed in AUM that the LPPro3 would leave session mode?

Currently when closing LK in AUM the LPPro3 is stuck in session mode...
    (Ie. the session light is still on even though the LPPRo3 is not connected to any session).

When I for example close Ampify Launcpad (Which also uses session mode) the LPPro3 goes out of session mode when the app is closed. The manual mentions some SysEX strings that are used to toggle session mode on/off.

I am a LP newbie so this could be a 'user error' as well...
    ...I've read the manuals more than once but I'm not a master of the device yet but I do love the built-in sequencer :)

By closed you mean terminated and not minimized, correct?

Yes, in order to shutdown the controller from DAW mode we need to send a sysex message. Right now, you can disable the controller from Menu -> Controllers, if you untoggle the controller it should leave from session mode.

We need to verify why the disconnect messages are not being upon termination. Thanks for raising this matter.

• @auxmux said:
    I'm not sure if this has been asked, but is it possible to match clips colors to the pads on the Launchpad X?

It is possible but it will require a huge amount of work. I've explained before but in summary, as far as we got it from the specification, in order to use RGB on leds, we need to be in programmer mode, which puts the controllers in a mode where it is fully customizable and we need to program everything, including the behaviour of the notes mode.

It would be easier to match LK colors to the ones provided by default by Launchpad.

• @sinosoidal said:

>

By closed you mean terminated and not minimized, correct?

Yepp, that's what I mean, 'kill the app'.

Yes, in order to shutdown the controller from DAW mode we need to send a sysex message. Right now, you can disable the controller from Menu -> Controllers, if you untoggle the controller it should leave from session mode.

Thanks, I'll try to remember that.
    (Just noticed there is no need to route any midi to LK, it does it auto-magically).

We need to verify why the disconnect messages are not being upon termination. Thanks for raising this matter.

That's the least I can do. I'm still familiarizing myself with the LPPro3 :)

Another 'thing' that I know maybe tricky to fix is to allow the play button to control AUM transport when using host sync?
    (Maybe I just need to use the DAW Port and Midi-Learn in AUM?).

In session mode the LPPro3 has a nice button to toggle the metronome but I've not found a way to route that feature to toggle the AUM metronome and as far as I know LK doesn't have it's own metronome or?

I'm still learning...
    /Samuel

• @tahiche said:

@gregsmith said:

@tahiche said:

@gregsmith said:

@sinosoidal said:

👌🙌

And you did it! 👍

Then promptly ordered a launchpad pro! 😂

I have an akai lpd8 and lpk25 so with the launchpad I’m hoping that will be enough knobs, pads and keys to have a good session with just hardware controllers.

Could do with some Bluetooth faders though...

• edited March 2021

Question about the LPPmk3 implementation.
    Is the print to clip implemented? Or am I just doing something wrong?

Sometimes I use it standalone with hardware and would like to dump track sequences into LK later.
    If not, no biggie, I can manually record midi from the sequencer or print it to ableton and export/import.

(my skin gets itchy at the thought of opening up ableton)

edit: one additional question. The LPP doesnt show which clip is actually playing. They all just stay lit in a channel. They do flash when I stop playback. Is this normal behavior?

• @auxmux said:
    I'm not sure if this has been asked, but is it possible to match clips colors to the pads on the Launchpad X?

Please! Received my LPX yesterday and when tried with LK seen that the colours don´t match... I was to write a post about that!