Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What iOS app is the closer to this very cool pedal

2»

Comments

• Have to say, I had that pedal, and it was pretty limited in a lot of aspects compared to a lot of the apps mentioned above. Some glaring things missing, like envelope control being an obvious one, and the preset patterns being, well, only presets, was another.

However, in the pedal's defense, I will say all these apps are great but cannot process as fast as the pedal does. No latency vs a little bit is a big problem if you are running something live through an ipad.
    BUT, if you are recording and not playing live, that pedal is eclipsed by lots of iPad stuff...

That is not a pedal I am sad about selling, to be honest. There were like three patterns I liked. Just an opinion...

• @FlightManual said:
    Have to say, I had that pedal, and it was pretty limited in a lot of aspects compared to a lot of the apps mentioned above. Some glaring things missing, like envelope control being an obvious one, and the preset patterns being, well, only presets, was another.

However, in the pedal's defense, I will say all these apps are great but cannot process as fast as the pedal does. No latency vs a little bit is a big problem if you are running something live through an ipad.
    BUT, if you are recording and not playing live, that pedal is eclipsed by lots of iPad stuff...

That is not a pedal I am sad about selling, to be honest. There were like three patterns I liked. Just an opinion...

I was hoping for an SL20 owner to chime in!
    Would you be so kind to describe what your 3 favorite patterns did?
    And how envelope control should have worked?

Thanks!

• @auxmux said:
    I think @Gavinski could show us the magic of Woodstepper. I have it and don't use it too.

I have only had a few mins play with this app til now. Woodman kindly gave it to me after I did that woodscaper vid, but I've been so busy with other stuff! It really seems pretty interesting though, so I'm definitely hoping to get to know it better. As far as I'm concerned, if Woodman made it, it's definitely going to be very interesting. Will hopefully get a tutorial on Woodulator out too at some point. That's a lot easier to understand 😂

• @CracklePot said:

@rs2000 said:

Drambo is the only single AU app that I can think of that could do almost all of this. (Probably all, but I haven’t actually tried).
    Maybe miRack, but I don’t know that one like I know Drambo.

Agreed.

I've just tried rs2000's example from patchstorage.
    It's really cool and can be done quite easily.

@rs2000

Once again thank you.
    You are constant source of inspiration.

• edited July 2020

@Gravitas Thank you very much, it's fun to give back to the community 😇

BTW, if anyone would like to add the original Boss SL20 patterns, here's a PDF with their rhythmic notation:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1l4fgiXOcszNZ1YY1iOnzGMxhm18Yh58h/view

• Haven’t tried it with guitar yet but WOV with these crazy Richard Devine presets could do the trick

• Maybe worth noting: you could also just point midiLFOs/Roseta LFOs (etc) at a volume or send control within AUM to create slicers. Use square waves and point multiple LFOs at the same target with different speeds and/or offsets to create different rhythms.

• @rs2000 said:

@FlightManual said:
    Have to say, I had that pedal, and it was pretty limited in a lot of aspects compared to a lot of the apps mentioned above. Some glaring things missing, like envelope control being an obvious one, and the preset patterns being, well, only presets, was another.

I was hoping for an SL20 owner to chime in!
    Would you be so kind to describe what your 3 favorite patterns did?
    And how envelope control should have worked?

Thanks!

Well, I don't remember the exact number of my preferred patterns, as it has been years.

I do remember not having any option to "open up" the envelope, or make the sound evolve, without having a pedal afterwards to back it up (like a delay or some reverb.) Having some of the gating in a pattern shift or mute certain steps would've been cool too: maybe by LFO, maybe manually with an expression pedal. The inability to create your own patterns over the mostly stock metronome-like segmentation was a bummer.

The KP3 had better options for this, as you could record your finger movements in continuous loops.

I also got into glitch pedals and liked them more.