Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What iOS app is the closer to this very cool pedal

I sold this guitar pedal last year for 100$. Big mistake.

Maybe if I can find something similar on the Appstore I will be less sad.

Comments

• Not sure what pedal does. Based on the name anyway, I'd suggest looking into http://ruismaker.com/perforator/.

• Describe what the pedal does?

• edited July 2020

@Montreal_Music For me the most straightforward one would be Sugar Bytes Effectrix.
    Drambo can do much more but it's not 'plug and play'.

• Looperator, GlitchCore, Filterstep (free!)...

• @syrupcore said:
    Not sure what pedal does. Based on the name anyway, I'd suggest looking into http://ruismaker.com/perforator/.

This. IMO definitely Perforator. Even more flexible than the pedal 😎

• Oh? if we are talking Perforator than apparently Wov is Peforator on the Roids.

https://apps.apple.com/ca/app/wov-creative-textures/id1436765936

• Yes. Forgot WOV. Also AtomizerFX and ShredderFX by 4Pockets. And I suspect WoodStepper if I weren’t too much of an imbecile to figure it out.

• @AudioGus said:
    Oh? if we are talking Perforator than apparently Wov is Peforator on the Roids.

https://apps.apple.com/ca/app/wov-creative-textures/id1436765936

Haha shit. The ante has been upped.

• @Philandering_Bastard said:
    Yes. Forgot WOV. Also AtomizerFX and ShredderFX by 4Pockets. And I suspect WoodStepper if I weren’t too much of an imbecile to figure it out.

Hello fellow Woodstepper imbecile. I welcome you into the club.

• @audiblevideo said:

@Philandering_Bastard said:
    Yes. Forgot WOV. Also AtomizerFX and ShredderFX by 4Pockets. And I suspect WoodStepper if I weren’t too much of an imbecile to figure it out.

Oh thank god, I thought I was the only one.

• @Bill_Brasky said:
    Describe what the pedal does?

DESCRIPTION
    Instant audio adrenaline.

Inject a shot of high-octane fuel into your music with the Boss SL-20 Slicer Guitar Pedal. Instantly transform a guitar, bass, keyboard, or vocal into a pulsating groove instrument. Choose from 50 onboard Slice patterns or experiment with the SL-20's innovative Harmonic Slicer feature, which generates percussive melodies, Loop Record, and unique 3D Panning.

Groove and Melody Maker

The SL-20 effect pedal transforms your music into percussive "chopped" grooves. Fifty rhythmic patterns are onboard, with adjustable note attack and duration, plus amazing Harmonic Slice effects. Create high-energy patterns onstage in real-time, or use the SL-20 as a songwriting and recording tool. Play the sliced sounds in realtime while capturing them with Loop Record.

Flexible Control

An internal tap-tempo feature is included, as well as the ability to sync to external MIDI clock. Sound characteristics of the SL-20 such as attack, duration, effect level, and direct level can be controlled by the onboard knobs or from an external Expression pedal.

Universal FX

The SL-20 is an addictive effect that inspires creativity. It's great for guitarists, but it's equally useful for other instrumentalists as well. Plug in a bass, keyboard, iPod, or any other instrument or music-playback device. DJs and dance-music artists will also love the SL-20 as a rhythmic-performance tool.

SPECIFICATIONS
    Instant groove and percussive-melody generator
    50 Slice patterns onboard, with adjustable attack and duration, including Harmonic Slice
    Tap Tempo via onboard pedal switch; internal and MIDI sync
    Sound characteristics such as attack, duration, effect level, and direct level are controllable via external Expression pedal (sold separately)

• @audiblevideo said:

You should have a beer and > @syrupcore said:

Not sure what pedal does. Based on the name anyway, I'd suggest looking into http://ruismaker.com/perforator/.

Me: Ok, I will buy the app.

(Me finding the app on the AppStore).

Oh shit! I already bought this app, I don’t know when, but I never used it.

It’s like a freeroll. Cool.

Thank you all for the answers! Every post was appreciated.

Looperator, GlitchCore, Filterstep (free!)...

Filterstep is one the the coolest free app I have on my iPad. Thank you

• edited July 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I think Woodstepper is one of those ‘the app has no clothes’ kind of apps.

• Woodstepper is a weird one, it’s like a fusion of a bunch of stuff crammed into one thing but it’s mysteries are deep.

• @qryss said:
    I think Woodstepper is one of those ‘the app has no clothes’ kind of apps.

To me it’s the Danielewski app. Intriguing but I’m not sure that I can, or want to, be deranged enough to fully get it.

• edited July 2020

Any Sugar Bytes Fx: WOW, Effectrix, Turnado. Looperator can do this with one hand while chewing gum and blowing bubbles.

Saturn2 can also play this game.

Perforator was made for this.

• @BCKeys said:

Christmas is only in 6 months 😁
    It exists as a VST called AdrenaLinn Sync

Edit2 : AudioDamage developped this, if you have a desktop it can be a good alternative https://splice.com/plugins/4563-bigseq2-vst-au-by-audio-damage

Edit for bonus :

I also sold my Adrenalinn 3 for a muffin and a pudding. I often regret selling things. I will take a look at Bigseq2.

@qryss said:

To me it’s the Danielewski app. Intriguing but I’m not sure that I can, or want to, be deranged enough to fully get it.

At least you don’t have to turn it upside-down to read the pages.

• @mistercharlie said:

@qryss said:

At least you don’t have to turn it upside-down to read the pages.

I tried tho.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Hi guys,
    I used to have the Boss SL 20 too.
    I haven't find an ios fx that really emulate this pedal.
    But i was pleasantly surprised to see that the excellent and recently released Vintage Electric ( apesoft) has a proper Slicer fx that works pretty much like the Boss sl 20. But it can not be applied to other instruments. It does an amazing job anyway with the Vintage Electric. A great tool to create riffs or rythmic patterns.
    Cheers
    https://apps.apple.com/es/app/electric-vintage/id1518380765

@audiblevideo said:

Oh thank god, I thought I was the only one.

It’s strange that a person would develop an app that is unexplainable

• I think @Gavinski could show us the magic of Woodstepper. I have it and don't use it too.

• Since stuff like this is too easy to do in Drambo, here's a patch that you can use both in the standalone as well in the AUv3 version of Drambo.
    Please try and leave your comments, it's a very early version that I'm happy to improve and extend within reasonble limits 😉
    https://patchstorage.com/sl20slicer/

• @rs2000 said:
    Since stuff like this is too easy to do in Drambo, here's a patch that you can use both in the standalone as well in the AUv3 version of Drambo.
    Please try and leave your comments, it's a very early version that I'm happy to improve and extend within reasonble limits 😉

Drambo is the only single AU app that I can think of that could do almost all of this. (Probably all, but I haven’t actually tried).
    Maybe miRack, but I don’t know that one like I know Drambo.

Using ReSlice you could get the pitch shifted slicing and envelope controls, and if you pick a good AU sequencer to drive it, I think you could get pretty close to the pedal’s functions.
    But ReSlice can’t live sample as an AU Instrument, so maybe sEGments would be better (but I don’t have that one, so just guessing it could do what is required).

• What’s up with Woodstepper?
    Is it really that weird and mysterious?

• @rs2000 said:
    Since stuff like this is too easy to do in Drambo, here's a patch that you can use both in the standalone as well in the AUv3 version of Drambo.

Oh dude.

I'm trying to have a couple of days off.

You've done it again. 😁

I'm going to download it tomorrow.

Changed my mind.

Already downloaded.
    Good thing I was practicing guitar today.

On the morrow....😉

• @CracklePot said:
    What’s up with Woodstepper?
    Is it really that weird and mysterious?

You have an experienced developer who puts out quality apps.
    And then there’s this.
    Makes people go hmmmmm.