Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iBassist crashing

2»

Comments

• @espiegel123 said:

@yowza said:
    Not sure where any issue might lie but IAA has been deprecated by Apple so I don’t think devs should be compelled to keep up with that even though Lumbeat apps are not AUv3 yet. I love the Lumbeat apps but I use them for what they are and don’t expect more out of them. My attitude about iOS music has changed quite a bit since I started coming here in 2012. While I still use iOS for sketches and ideas, any good bits are moved over to the desktop ASAP where I don’t have to deal with endless annoyances and workarounds.

Deprecated may not mean what you think. It is still a supported technology and isn’t going away anytime soon, Many IAA apps are highly reliable. As long as the apps are IAA and devs are charging money for them, it makes sense for them to fix bugs in their apps.

Then why are a fair number of developers dropping IAA when they release new updates? Not to misquote anyone but I recall Bram Bos made a comment recently about how much worse IAA apps are recently, if it wasn’t him it was another developer. If any problems are IAA related why would a developer want to spend time fixing them?

• @yowza said:

@espiegel123 said:

@yowza said:
    Not sure where any issue might lie but IAA has been deprecated by Apple so I don’t think devs should be compelled to keep up with that even though Lumbeat apps are not AUv3 yet. I love the Lumbeat apps but I use them for what they are and don’t expect more out of them. My attitude about iOS music has changed quite a bit since I started coming here in 2012. While I still use iOS for sketches and ideas, any good bits are moved over to the desktop ASAP where I don’t have to deal with endless annoyances and workarounds.

Deprecated may not mean what you think. It is still a supported technology and isn’t going away anytime soon, Many IAA apps are highly reliable. As long as the apps are IAA and devs are charging money for them, it makes sense for them to fix bugs in their apps.

Then why are a fair number of developers dropping IAA when they release new updates? Not to misquote anyone but I recall Bram Bos made a comment recently about how much worse IAA apps are recently, if it wasn’t him it was another developer. If any problems are IAA related why would a developer want to spend time fixing them?

For many developers, creating AUv3 versions of their apps would be an ENORMOUS undertaking. And with the small return on investment that sales generate (these apps don't generate tons of revenue), many developers are hesitant to make the conversion now -- or may be working on it and it is a very long process -- or some may be extending the life of their apps as long as possible.

Every developer has their own priorities and interests. What you may not know is that some deprecated technologies go away quickly and some last for a decade.

While the IAA framework is undoubtedly technically inferior to the more modern frameworks, it is also a fact that many developers have written rock solid apps that rival the stability of the best AUv3. For some apps, the process of rewriting complex apps for AUv3 may be a process measured in years.

• Hello to all,

any news regarding this issue? IBassist crashes?

I‘m excited about iBassist connected with FunkDrummer,
    but using it in AudioBus shows iBassist always as not properly connected and regularly crashing.

Any helping hands would really appreciated.

Using on iPad Pro 12.9 2020 iOS 14.2 all used apps latest versions.

Thanks and kind regards,
    Goetz

• If you are running iOS 14.2, we strongly recommend that you upgrade to iOS 14.3 because there is a serious bug with MIDI in iOS 14.2…

• At the current time there is a bug between Audiobus 3 and iBassist. There is a communication error, noted by an exclamation point in AB3. The app still works but it throws this error about potential permissions being required. iBassist works just fine for me in AUM (though I'm still, after more than 6 months) trying to really figure this app out... it isn't intuitive.

• It’s been a bit since I was using it, but I used to have a bug where if I had bluetooth MIDI connected and was using the auto chord detection feature it would crash. It never happened if the MIDI was wired.

• @RajahP said:
    Updated

Yes,
    thank you very much, it’s working without any problems now together with Funk Drummer in AudioBus,
    I’m having a lot of fun jamming with it. ;-)

Thanks again and nice greetings,
    Götz