Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Soundtestroom - show Doug some love

Comments

• Firstly, thanks for spelling out what GAS stands for, @jwmmakerofmusic .

Secondly, can the people who felt the need to shit on a thread that was specifically for bigging someone up, tell me what that's about? You cannot live on this planet for more than a year or two without knowing that just about everything is Marmite. I get it, you don't like his videos, so start your own thread.

• Watch the vids, bought the t-shirt, Doug & Jo rock.

Reminds me, I need to PayPal my annual subscription across since I quit Patreon.

• edited June 2020

@ashh said:
    Firstly, thanks for spelling out what GAS stands for, @jwmmakerofmusic .

Secondly, can the people who felt the need to shit on a thread that was specifically for bigging someone up, tell me what that's about? You cannot live on this planet for more than a year or two without knowing that just about everything is Marmite. I get it, you don't like his videos, so start your own thread.

I didn't realise it was just for saying Doug is great. Sorry about that, but I honestly thought it was thread for talking about STR. If you read what I posted I am not being negative (unless not liking something is being negative, which I don't believe it is, unless you are just doing it to be negative). In fact I went out of my way to point out the one thing I like about STR so while I did post the things I don't like (again, not being negative just for the sake of it), technically I did "show Doug some love" by pointing out what I do appreciate. The rest is just my opinion.

Do you really think it would turn out well for anyone if I started a thread just to bash the STR? Firstly, I wouldn't do that. Secondly, I think that it is a much, much bigger jerk move to suggest starting a thread purely for the purpose of talking negatively about STR content than to voice my honest opinion in a pretty passive manner. Why would someone even suggest such a thing?

Also, I know it's not particularly relevant, but I hate Marmite. Vegemite all the way for me.

And lastly, in case you are thinking about getting worked up about this post, please remember you did say, "Secondly, can the people who felt the need to shit on a thread that was specifically for bigging someone up, tell me what that's about?"

@Turntablist said:
    Absolutely hate Dougs videos, no time for them whatsoever, but make sure you check out his music, he is an absolutely amazing producer, there is an edge of Jeff Lynne structured genius to it, I hope he can push on further with that over the videos, huge huge respect of Doug as a musician.

Also, I don't believe this is shitting on the thread. In fact I think it's a pretty nice thing to say. I appreciate honesty and as much as hating videos might risk hurting some snowflake's feelings, I think most mature people would rather know the true opinion of another person. As unlikely as it is to happen, if someone posted in a thread called "Show Ailerom Some Love" that my videos such but my music is awesome I'd be thrilled. Is that so crazy?

• edited June 2020

Thanks everybody for saying such nice and positive things about me, I appreciate it lots and lots.

I’ll clear up the Doug, Jakob, Colin (Swinney) thing here.
    I started The Sound Test Room YouTube channel in 2011, the around the end of 2015 or early 2015 Colin Swinney asked me if I wanted a Website, I said no, he said it would be cool and he wanted to handle all the web work, which he did, so that was made, then we asked Jakob if he wanted to be part of that Website, which he did, so that was that.
    It went on for a few years I think then Colin didn’t want to do it anymore for personal reasons, which is cool too, so me and Jakob talked about keeping that going but to be honest it would have been way too time consuming for either of us so we just let the site go and we carried on with our normal channels, me and Jakob are still very good friends and Face Time each on a regular basis.

I started to make iPad music videos as way to justify the amount I was spending on Apps, I had no idea it would become as popular as it has.
    I still make them mostly like I did then, I like demoing synth presets, although I do more programming these days than I used to, and I’m more into midi too.

Now The Sound Test Room is the YouTube Channel and Equally the Patreon Page, all the admin side of things is dealt with by Jo, who has now started making her own music too.

Jo looks after me and also all the Patreons too and of course moderates all the Live Streams also.

I do mostly Live Streams these days because I enjoy the Community we have there, as some of you will know the Live Streams are always a place where you can talk to each other about anything you like without really having to pay attention to what I’m doing at the time (which is probably a good thing 😂)

So I think I must be doing something right and making some people happy, the Channel has almost 40,000 Subscribers now and nearly 17,000,000 views, and around 90% of the content is iOS based.

I’m proud to have been a member of this forum since early 2012.
    So I must thank Micheal for keeping the Audiobus Forum alive and kicking.

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    Thanks everybody for saying such nice and positive things about me, I appreciate it lots and lots.

I’ll clear up the Doug, Jakob, Colin (Swinney) thing here.
    I started The Sound Test Room YouTube channel in 2011, the around the end of 2015 or early 2015 Colin Swinney asked me if I wanted a Website, I said no, he said it would be cool and he wanted to handle all the web work, which he did, so that was made, then we asked Jakob if he wanted to be part of that Website, which he did, so that was that.
    It went on for a few years I think then Colin didn’t want to do it anymore for personal reasons, which is cool too, so me and Jakob talked about keeping that going but to be honest it would have been way too time consuming for either of us so we just let the site go and we carried on with our normal channels, me and Jakob are still very good friends and Face Time each on a regular basis.

I started to make iPad music videos as way to justify the amount I was spending on Apps, I had no idea it would become as popular as it has.
    I still make them mostly like I did then, I like demoing synth presets, although I do more programming these days than I used to, and I’m more into midi too.

Now The Sound Test Room is the YouTube Channel and Equally the Patreon Page, all the admin side of things is dealt with by Jo, who has now started making here own music too.

Jo looks after me and also all the Patreons too and of course moderates all the Live Streams also.

I do mostly Live Streams these days because I enjoy the Community we have there, as some of you will know the Live Streams are always a place where you can talk to each other about anything you like without really having to pay attention to what I’m doing at the time (which is probably a good thing 😂)

So I think I must be doing something right and making some people happy, the Channel has almost 40,000 Subscribers now and nearly 17,000,000 views, and around 90% of the content is iOS based.

I’m proud to have been a member of this forum since early 2012.
    So I must thank Micheal for keeping the Audiobus Forum alive and kicking.

Awesome.

On a personal note, I didn't know this at all.

You guys have done an amazing job.

Brilliant.

• Big up Doug - I'm a proud supporter on Patreon and thoroughly enjoy settling in for a deep dive into a new app.

For something like Touchscaper which is being constantly developed and doesn't have much documentation, TSTR videos are essential for me to get up and going.

• I just can't imagine a YouTube world without STR - sure, there are other videos of various apps, but some of them aren't very helpful, or just don't go into enough detail.

Thanks for keeping it going Doug, it's been an invaluable resource for me and many others.

• Bump! Have to keep the love rolling!

• Cool beans! 🥳

• With all these great releases this week, he’s got his work cut out for him. Hehe...

• I’ve been a Patreon supporter for years, but I’m not a fan of the live all-nighters. I would prefer shorter, more focused videos. I also like preset demonstrations with no talking.

• @god said:
    Cool beans! 🥳

Top banana! :smiley:

• So I'm a newbie to all this and already spent £250+ on apps based on Doug and Jakob's reviews LOL. Pretty passionate about it already. I once tried making midi music with my mate's hardware many years ago and played with Garage band a few times but never seriously. Just recently I decided I wanted to make backing tracks for my videos to save me buying them from Audio Jungle so bought Cubasis 3 and AUM and Audiobus and a ton of other apps and a midi controller keyboard (Korg NanoKey 2) and I think I'm hooked so yeah I understand why you started your YouTube channel Doug. Thanks for your great reviews Doug and thanks to Jakob for his too. Coolbeans!!!

P.S. laughed my arse off at your chat video with Jakob. Hilarious!!!

• @paulrandall said:
    So I'm a newbie to all this and already spent £250+ on apps based on Doug and Jakob's reviews LOL. Pretty passionate about it already. I once tried making midi music with my mate's hardware many years ago and played with Garage band a few times but never seriously. Just recently I decided I wanted to make backing tracks for my videos to save me buying them from Audio Jungle so bought Cubasis 3 and AUM and Audiobus and a ton of other apps and a midi controller keyboard (Korg NanoKey 2) and I think I'm hooked so yeah I understand why you started your YouTube channel Doug. Thanks for your great reviews Doug and thanks to Jakob for his too. Coolbeans!!!

P.S. laughed my arse off at your chat video with Jakob. Hilarious!!!

Welcome to the iOS rabbit hole!

Jakob and Doug are indeed diamonds of the scene, long may they be!

• Yes, yes, yes! @thesoundtestroom and @jakoB_haQ videos made my wallet definitely slimmer :wink: I hope developers appreciate it to them :smile:

• Yep, but I forgive them for lightening my wallet because they’ve helped me find the quality apps among the huge number that sometimes seem better than they actually are.

• So much Love for Doug @thesoundtestroom if I had the funds I’d definitely be me a little more appreciative. Since I don’t I do what I can by liking and sharing videos, subscribing, watching live, and giving credit where credit is due. Keep up the great work Douglas. You have a lot of support, especially from this forum.

• edited September 2020

One of Doug’s Patreon supporter here!

Doug is a good guy! I like his friendly style, it’s very unique, it’s Doug... 😊
    I appreciate his STR work and enjoy his videos and of course his music!
    Yes, Yes! 👍

• edited September 2020

When I first moved over from hardware to the iPad in 2016 for the purposes of music making, @thesoundtestroom youtube channel was recommended to me by a family member who had already been exploring the iOS platform for a while. I immediately felt comfortable in my new music making environment and appreciated Doug’s fun, friendly and laid back approach to exploring and demonstrating new apps as they came out. Always nice and relaxing to get settled in with a cup of tea, some biscuits, kick back to a soundtestroom demo/tutorial and learn some new and interesting things. Doug’s reviews helped me a lot to understand the platform in the beginning, what was available for it and ways to use it.

Doug feels like a family member to me. So approachable. So willing to help, support and encourage. He’s an excellent musician and prolific writer, knows his stuff, but a down to earth genuine guy and best of all, he doesn’t suffer from any overblown ego problems that simply turn me off instantly. If it wasn’t for Doug’s approachable, encouraging and supportive nature, there would never have been any presets or music made and shared publicly by me. I’d never been on a Forum before. I’d never been in a live stream before. Pretty intimidating. Never put anything out for public consumption or judgement before. I owe the confidence to share my creations, and the humble standing I currently have in the community, to Doug!

Cheers, Doug & The Soundtestroom! Thanks for all your marvellous support and encouragement, and the brilliant live stream community you’ve established. Really feels like an extension to family! ❤️🙏

• Doug is my only Patreon account. Impossible not to contribute when he tells me exactly what I, a preset man, needs to hear. And, yes, yes, yes, he’s quite cheery to boot!

17 million views! I imagine he has at least a million Patreons.... yeah, right. If you’re reading this, appreciate what Doug does and have saved money not buying apps you don’t need, then sign up to send him a... a what... a squid... a quid... fiddy something... whatever a month. It’s transactional, you know?

• I got an inkling of what a lovely human being Doug is about a month ago when he sent me a REALLY nice email saying he was a fan of my channel and encouraging me to stick with it and that all the hard work would pay off eventually. Doug is a good guy for sure, I was very touched, big up Doug ❤️

• Don’t know how I missed this thread but thanks for starting it!

Doug is one of the most genuine, friendly, kind and talented people I know. He is also incredibly prolific. Not only have Doug and me published 23 albums since 2015 but he has several solo albums and albums with Jo, his talented, wife. He does all this as well as several demo videos and hour long live-streams each week (and sometimes more than 1 video a day!) not only for iOS but also PC.

So he is also one of the busiest people I know! You can also help support him and Jo by buying his music, from Bandcamp, and our albums are also on all the other major digital stores. Some are also free or pay what you like on bandcamp.

https://dougwoodsandcolinpowell.bandcamp.com/music

https://thesoundtestroom.bandcamp.com/

Just to clarify, I am not the same Colin who started out with The Sound Test Room but I love working with Doug and we have become great fiends, even though we have only ever met once, back in 2017, when I was on holiday in Cornwall!

• Just a quick personal message for you all here at the Audiobus Forum

• I was already loving this Doug before you even mentioned my channel, which was super nice of you. You're genuinely a big hearted guy, man

• Hmm... would love to see that massivebrute in action :)

• @0tolerance4silence I have a few videos for the MatrixBrute on the channel, here is a link to one of them

• Cool beans! Thank you :)

• Doug / Jo are awesome ! Endless inspiration provided by @thesoundtestroom

• The world of iOS would be unimaginable without him. Apple should hire him.

• Hi Doug @thesoundtestroom !
    You are looking very good and healthy in the video! Great! 👍😊

All the best to you!