Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Soundtestroom - show Doug some love

I have been checking out Doug's YouTube channel for a few years now, and love his method of figuring out everything as he goes along. He's always entertaining, and is always pretty thorough with road testing apps.

Thought I'd start this so we can show appreciation for what Doug has done to help each of us through his YouTube channel.

Comments

• I love Doug! His videos have certainly helped me out on many occasions.

• First thing I saw about IOS music production was made by Doug. I can't thank him enough for his work. He is amazing.

• Check his video archive out. It’s a incredible resource of almost every music app ever born, and other jewels as well. My favorite was a conversation going on between Doug and Jakob Hak, two masters in full banter.

• It's true, Doug probably has covered just about every iOS music app ever created. I've learned so much from him over time, even if it's just small tips about doing something differently - just about every video I've watched has taught me something.

• Doug is awesome TSTR is one of the first YT channels I started watching for iOS music production and its helped me so much over the years.

• SIR Doug to us grateful plebeians. I am not much of a Patreon type (or subscriptions of any kind actually), but I do have a small standing nudge to TSTR if for no other reason than to buy off my shame at how much one kind Liverpudlian man sat in Cornwall has helped me.

• I have made sure to join his Patreon and send him some YouTube $ during some of his live-streams. Doug & Jo kick ass

• Yeah, Doug can't take on full time employment due to medical issues, so it's great that anyone can support him and Jo in any way.

• Nothing says, “I love you,“ better than PayPal:

https://www.paypal.me/thesoundtestroom

• What is the link betweet T-S-T-R and Jakob Haq? Doug and Jakob are friends? Jakob was doing YouTube video under T-S-T-R before HaQAttaQ.

• @Montreal_Music said:
    What is the link betweet T-S-T-R and Jakob Haq? Doug and Jakob are friends? Jakob was doing YouTube video under T-S-T-R before HaQAttaQ.

I think yes and yes.

Nuff respect, Doug! 👊

• @gusgranite said:

@Montreal_Music said:
    What is the link betweet T-S-T-R and Jakob Haq? Doug and Jakob are friends? Jakob was doing YouTube video under T-S-T-R before HaQAttaQ.

I think yes and yes.

Nuff respect, Doug! 👊

I believe there were 3 of them that made up TSTR initially. Doug, Jakob and (Collin?)

• @Ben said:

@gusgranite said:

@Montreal_Music said:

I think yes and yes.

Nuff respect, Doug! 👊

I believe there were 3 of them that made up TSTR initially. Doug, Jakob and (Collin?)

My guess is Dean, not Collin. I may be wrong.

• Love his stuff. Just really chilled, informative and entertaining. Can't ask for more than that for your money.

• edited June 2020

Love Doug. Patreon supporter. The only one. Yes Yes Yes. He’s a preset guy!

• I always enjoy sitting down to watch one of Doug’s videos with a cup of tea and a couple of digestive biscuits. It’s almost as though he’s there with you.

• Today we're going to take a look at........

Thanks Doug for all your hard work

• Doug is without doubt thee Daddy....hats off to him 🙏

• @iOSTRAKON said:
    I have made sure to join his Patreon and send him some YouTube $ during some of his live-streams. Doug & Jo kick ass

Don’t forget Watson.

• Absolutely hate Dougs videos, no time for them whatsoever, but make sure you check out his music, he is an absolutely amazing producer, there is an edge of Jeff Lynne structured genius to it, I hope he can push on further with that over the videos, huge huge respect of Doug as a musician.

• edited June 2020

I‘m a patron too. One of 374...

Everybody should support Doug and his hard work with only one Dollar or more per month. And you can win codes for the latest apps too.

• edited June 2020

@Charlesalbert said:
    First thing I saw about IOS music production was made by Doug. I can't thank him enough for his work. He is amazing.

The same for me.
    I owe him for my interest in ios music production.
    When a new apps comes out, the sound test room is my first port of call.

• Jakob started his Haq Attaq YouTube channel before he joined TSTR. Doug was doing a solo YouTube channel of TSTR. Doug, Colin, and Jakob later all got together on the Sound Test Room and had a website which Colin coded. After a time, which a I’ll defer to them to weigh in on if they want to, they decide to separate. Doug returned to the solo TSTR YouTube channel, Jakob resumed Haq Attaq, and Colin pursued his projects. Kind of like the breakup of the Beatles except with less drama, fame, money, and perhaps Jo could qualify as the forgotten 4th TSTR member?

• It's funny you know. I find a Doug video mostly frustrating. Some are ok but I really get edgy just waiting for him to get to the point. Nice guy but I skip the STR videos unless there are no other option. The only positive thing is how prolific he is so I'm thankful for that. Sometimes it's the only way to get an idea of an app without buying. Don't shoot, just an opinion.

• I don’t know why but for some reason he reminds me of Art Bell...his voice and his charisma keep u captivated through all of his videos and there is no question of his playing ability...Doug is as much ios music as Apple is because he breaks it down so we can understand it and that is worth its weight in gold...U r the man Doug and I hope u stick around for me.

• @Small_paul1976 said:

@Charlesalbert said:
    First thing I saw about IOS music production was made by Doug. I can't thank him enough for his work. He is amazing.

The same for me.
    I owe him for my interest in ios music production.
    When a new apps comes out, the sound test room is my first port of call.

This!!! Generally look for his app reviews when debating on a purchase. Even if I realize that the app only sounds so good because Doug’s ability lol. Much respect for the consistency and dedication to the iOS scene.

• edited June 2020

@LinearLineman said:
    ... Yes Yes Yes. He’s a preset guy!

... and a "midiot" 😂

Keep on the good work Doug !

• He's good.

I like his vibe.

• Doug @thesoundtestroom is probably the undisputed OG g.o.a.t. of iOS music app review vids. He's the reason I've stopped having G.A.S. (Gear acquisition syndrome.) and stopped buying every music app left and right. I remember when he had the SoundTestRoom website that listed all of the apps on sale. I remember when @jakoB_haQ did videos for the channel as well. I love it when one of these TSTR appreciation threads pop up. :) It helps remind Doug how much we appreciate him.