Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Raspberry PI - are you using it for your music purposes?

13»

Comments

• I've got several pi audio projects planned but I've been sidetracked by building a pi-camera and also using it for video installation. I ideally need another couple of pi 4s...

• @Carnbot said:
    I've got several pi audio projects planned but I've been sidetracked by building a pi-camera and also using it for video installation. I ideally need another couple of pi 4s...

Oh, what are you doing for a camera? I’ve got to config a pair of my pis to be always-on HDMI-out cams for my video switcher setup (which at the moment is a slightly extravagant BMD ATEM Mini, a BMD ATEM Mini Pro, a Roland V-02HD MkII (extravagant because I have one camera and an iPad with lightning to HDMI and potentially also my iPhone with another lightning to HDMI and a Raspberry Pi 400 as my video sources!))

I've got to find the time to set this up:
    https://webtechie.be/post/2021-12-20-raspberry-pi-as-hdmi-camera-for-atem-mini/
    I've got a pair of Raspberry Pi High Quality cameras, and a few C-mount lenses to use, and they’d be my livestream cams

• @u0421793 said:

@Carnbot said:
    I've got several pi audio projects planned but I've been sidetracked by building a pi-camera and also using it for video installation. I ideally need another couple of pi 4s...

Oh, what are you doing for a camera? I’ve got to config a pair of my pis to be always-on HDMI-out cams for my video switcher setup (which at the moment is a slightly extravagant BMD ATEM Mini, a BMD ATEM Mini Pro, a Roland V-02HD MkII (extravagant because I have one camera and an iPad with lightning to HDMI and potentially also my iPhone with another lightning to HDMI and a Raspberry Pi 400 as my video sources!))

I've got to find the time to set this up:
    https://webtechie.be/post/2021-12-20-raspberry-pi-as-hdmi-camera-for-atem-mini/
    I've got a pair of Raspberry Pi High Quality cameras, and a few C-mount lenses to use, and they’d be my livestream cams

I've been using the Pi HQ camera c-mount module and the arducam16MP module. The HQ is better quality but lower resolution, both useful because the arducam has autofocus too. It's been a real pain getting them working in Bullseye, you can get them working fine but I had to dig around support forums for the commands to put in the bootloader since they are currently configured for Buster and don't work out of the box for Bullseye.

But if you have a good c-mount lens the HQ camera is my favourite so far. I'm using a super-8 c-mount 8-64mm F1.9 lens which is the perfect size for the sensor and gets some really nice results, I'll 3d print a housing so I can mount it all on a tripod soon.

• Terminal Tedium is a neat eurorack module which uses a Pi. The standard firmware uses Pure Data. I got Prynth working on it which is a version of Supercollider. It’s easily the most powerful module in my rack - but you have to learn Supercollider.

I posted some instructions on how to get this working in the Prynth forums.

https://prynth.github.io/

• edited January 2023

I built this eurorack Ableton Link module which uses a Pi Zero. Works great to sync the rack with my iPad.

https://github.com/vorwieger/modular-link

• Apart from sleeping most of Saturday (which according to the fediverse, almost everybody did), I did something tangentially relevant to this thread for a very short while (after a fruitless and lengthy period of prodding about on my Opsix, wondering yet again why things with randomisers inevitably sooner or later asymptotically get caught in just producing silent patches one after the other)

I connected the NTS-1 to my Mac and ran Sonic Pi (on the Mac) and looking at the documentation (for I know fuck all about it thus far) managed to get a little demo 3 note arpeggio to drive the NTS-1 from Sonic Pi. I shall have to further investigate this live coding clumsiness

• @u0421793 said:
    Apart from sleeping most of Saturday (which according to the fediverse, almost everybody did), I did something tangentially relevant to this thread for a very short while (after a fruitless and lengthy period of prodding about on my Opsix, wondering yet again why things with randomisers inevitably sooner or later asymptotically get caught in just producing silent patches one after the other)

I connected the NTS-1 to my Mac and ran Sonic Pi (on the Mac) and looking at the documentation (for I know fuck all about it thus far) managed to get a little demo 3 note arpeggio to drive the NTS-1 from Sonic Pi. I shall have to further investigate this live coding clumsiness

dunno if you found any good resources for your sonic pi - so im posting this

https://sonic-pi.mehackit.org/exercises/en/01-introduction/01-introduction.html

• @audiblevideo said:

@u0421793 said:
    Apart from sleeping most of Saturday (which according to the fediverse, almost everybody did), I did something tangentially relevant to this thread for a very short while (after a fruitless and lengthy period of prodding about on my Opsix, wondering yet again why things with randomisers inevitably sooner or later asymptotically get caught in just producing silent patches one after the other)

dunno if you found any good resources for your sonic pi - so im posting this

https://sonic-pi.mehackit.org/exercises/en/01-introduction/01-introduction.html

Ooh thanks, that looks useful