Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Nano studio 2, audio

2»

Comments

• @Samflash3 said:

@wingwizard said:
    Thanks everyone. I’ll try Zenbeats...>

I found changing the theme helped me appreciate Zenbeats a bit more. Again, it's not to everyone's style but I really like a great looking UI.
    @pbelgium said:

For getting longer audio parts into NS2 I've used Reslice by VirSyn. You can slice your audio and import directly into Slate (or Obsidian). Here's a 3 minute guitar jam sliced and triggered using the Slate pads.

Great tip. I usually load samples into Reslice and play it but this could be potentially better. Not sure what the CPU usage is but hey...

I must admit, That skin makes ZB look nicer.

• @klownshed said:

@Samflash3 said:

@wingwizard said:
    Thanks everyone. I’ll try Zenbeats...>

I found changing the theme helped me appreciate Zenbeats a bit more. Again, it's not to everyone's style but I really like a great looking UI.
    @pbelgium said:

For getting longer audio parts into NS2 I've used Reslice by VirSyn. You can slice your audio and import directly into Slate (or Obsidian). Here's a 3 minute guitar jam sliced and triggered using the Slate pads.

Great tip. I usually load samples into Reslice and play it but this could be potentially better. Not sure what the CPU usage is but hey...

I must admit, That skin makes ZB look nicer.

I prefer a darker skin when indoors but that one works great outside. 😎

• Starting using ZenBeats last night, and I think it might be great for taking stems from AUM and arranging. Once they fix some/many AUs not showing AU parameters.

• @Samflash3 said:

Ha! I love feeling trivial on a Sunday :) Makes a HUGE difference to me that lighter skin.....

• Post of the day winner right there. 😂

• edited May 2020

@WillieNegus said:
    So disappointed to find we’re still having negativite skin color biases 🤦🏽‍♂️. Can we please get past this?! I expected more from you @JohnnyGoodyear 😂😂😂.

:)

• It’s a shame, that we didn’t see any updates for NS2 for so long, but in the end I think that many IAA-iOS devs (especially of host apps like DAWs) have big headaches since the OS merger-rumors of the last years became all true.

Now it’s confirmed since a while and Chris Randall (AD) stated on Twitter that IAA is hopelessly broken in 13.5. I wonder what happens now and how we get to new hosts a bigger AUv3 container-style format, or so.

• @Jay Zen said:
    It’s a shame, that we didn’t see any updates for NS2 for so long, but in the end I think that many IAA-iOS devs (especially of host apps like DAWs) have big headaches since the OS merger-rumors of the last years became all true.

Now it’s confirmed since a while and Chris Randall (AD) stated on Twitter that IAA is hopelessly broken in 13.5. I wonder what happens now and how we get to new hosts a bigger AUv3 container-style format, or so.

NS2 shouldn't be affected much by all that. It never has incorporated IAA hosting. The closest it comes is having incorporated the Audiobus SDK so that it can be hosted in Audiobus 3 and other IAA apps. Adding Audiobus support was one of the reasons given for the longer than expected development time for the iPhone version. But, that was long, long ago.

No ... the developer is just extremely methodical and perfectionist, and moves at his own (part-time) pace. Can't blame Apple on this one. Just gotta play the long game.

• can i record automation on this frequency knob? it does not get the red dot 🔴 in record mode, perhaps there is a way to map it?

• @reasOne said:
    can i record automation on this frequency knob? it does not get the red dot 🔴 in record mode, perhaps there is a way to map it?

It doesn't look like the W (maybe it means write?) in the top right is on, which should be for automation recording.

• edited September 2020

@AudioGus said:

@reasOne said:
    can i record automation on this frequency knob? it does not get the red dot 🔴 in record mode, perhaps there is a way to map it?

It doesn't look like the W (which I assume means write, with the R being read) in the top right-ish of the screen is on, which should be for automation recording.

• @AudioGus said:

@reasOne said:

It doesn't look like the W (maybe it means write?) in the top right is on, which should be for automation recording.

that is it! wow i’m so empty 🤣🤣🤣🤣 thank you man

• @reasOne said:

@AudioGus said:

@reasOne said:

hehe, no worries, I have done this many times myself!

• @AudioGus said:

@reasOne said:

@AudioGus said:

@reasOne said:

hehe, no worries, I have done this many times myself!

i just assume it can read my mind and it knows i want to record automation 🤣 i’m just getting back into ns2 as imo it’s the best daw on ios. i tried all the others but it always brings me back in! wishing for a couple things to come in future updates but for now it jams

• Why does NS2 ask to access my mic if it can’t record audio?

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    Why does NS2 ask to access my mic if it can’t record audio?

You can record audio in Slate.

• And in Obsidian!

• Ah, for sampling. Of course. Thanks guys. I’m trying to learn this thing tonight. It’s much harder than Cubasis to figure out. I never even looked at the manual for that one.

Ah, for sampling. Of course. Thanks guys. I’m trying to learn this thing tonight. It’s much harder than Cubasis to figure out. I never even looked at the manual for that one.

it's much deeper than C3 so some learning curve is there .. i would suggest you to check this, there is lot of resources and also tips and tricks which you don't find in manual ;)

https://www.blipinteractive.co.uk/community/index.php?p=/discussion/366/tutorials-tips-tricks#latest

Ah, for sampling. Of course. Thanks guys. I’m trying to learn this thing tonight. It’s much harder than Cubasis to figure out. I never even looked at the manual for that one.

i think once you learn your way around it you’ll find its pretty great, its in my top 2 fav ios daws. there’sa couple things as with any thing you’ll wish was different but it is very capable of doing great stuff and finishing songs

• @NoiseFloored said:
    And in Obsidian!

Whats an Obsidian? ( ;) )

• @AudioGus said:

Whats an Obsidian? ( ;) )

Volcanic glass.

• @dendy said:

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

it's much deeper than C3 so some learning curve is there .. i would suggest you to check this, there is lot of resources and also tips and tricks which you don't find in manual ;)

https://www.blipinteractive.co.uk/community/index.php?p=/discussion/366/tutorials-tips-tricks#latest

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr You might find this one on sampling helpful. I did.

• ffs... I thought it's here :D

• McDMcD
    edited September 2020

Obsidian is just the best synth app of 2018 according to this local character:

There's an interview with developer Matt Borstel where he explains that the initial beta testing phase took 5 years. I suspect the audio testing phase might be more controlled with less input. He also is careful not to add something that breaks something else.

I have yet to hear anything from Drambo that comes close for designed sounds but I'd appreciate any pointers to great Presets or Project files.

• edited September 2020

@McD said:
    Obsidian is just the best synth app of 2018 according to this local character:

There's an interview with developer Matt Borstel where he explains that the initial beta testing phase took 5 years. I suspect the audio testing phase might be more controlled with less input. He also is careful not to add something that breaks something else.

I have yet to hear anything from Drambo that comes close for designed sounds but I'd appreciate any pointers to great Presets or Project files.

It's hard to compare Drambo with Obsidian. Both have many features the other one doesn't.
    Drambo is on a fast track towards the king of flexibility while Obsidian feels more like an advanced synth with a semi-fixed architecture that is inviting us for sound design, yet it has so many routing and modulation options that it covers many cases that are usually the domain of modular synths. It only supports up to 3 velocity layers in a patch but by fine tuning several modulation paths, velocity-sensitive natural instruments can be made to sound fairly real nonetheless. Its modulation matrix even outperforms AudioLayer by far, and it's easy to handle too.

Even for 'simple' Digitone-like sounds, I would first try Obsidian because it's so easy to tweak the operator matrix without getting overwhelmed by an insane parameter amount like in NFM or KQ Dixie. Plus you have 8 macro knobs and an XY pad, each one can be mapped to multiple destinations with separate fine-adjustable amounts. I once did a 'simple FM sound creator' with only 8 knobs that covers a fair number of FM sounds.
    Obsidian is great, and it's also a great introduction to Drambo because it helps the less experienced synthesists grasp some typical basics without having to build everything from scratch.

• @0tolerance4silence said:
    ffs... I thought it's here :D

Psych!