Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New app spoiler alert from Elliott Garage

Comments

• edited June 2020

just release the dam thing already :# we can take it, we got thik skin

• @robosardine said:

I see that the control sliders are purple and that the last slice is also purple. Are the effects individual per slice? I can’t quite tell from the video.

looked to me like it was the mix amount of each effect that was per slice... which is fine and kind of what you would expect to keep cpu down ,, if the multi-out is all good then really no need to do fancy stuff on the effects perhaps.

• @mistercharlie it's a video...I can't think an easier way to post the development diary and I have not so much time to spend on the socials :) You don't use twitter too?

• @robosardine & @RockySmalls effects are individual for each slice...also you can use multi-output and insert any third party effect you like

• @ElliottGarage said:
    @mistercharlie it's a video...I can't think an easier way to post the development diary and I have not so much time to spend on the socials :) You don't use twitter too?

Ah ha! No worries, just asking. I don’t want to ask you to do more work just because of my social media preferences.

And yes, I do use Twitter. I should probably follow you there.

• @kinkujin said:

@Lil_Stu07 said:

@Turntablist said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@BITCRUSHER said:
    Slicelab...Slice-atronic...Eg’S.LAB...EG Ginsu...EG Splice...EG Segments...EG Sections...

What about EG Postponed Slice?

What about EG actually taking his time and making a product that works very well instead of rushing it out because some forum posters are seemingly addicted to the collecting of apps slice ?

+1

Not impatient just looking forward to EGs hard work.

And giving them our money :)

• @MonzoPro said:

@kinkujin said:

@Lil_Stu07 said:

@Turntablist said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@BITCRUSHER said:
    Slicelab...Slice-atronic...Eg’S.LAB...EG Ginsu...EG Splice...EG Segments...EG Sections...

What about EG Postponed Slice?

What about EG actually taking his time and making a product that works very well instead of rushing it out because some forum posters are seemingly addicted to the collecting of apps slice ?

+1

Not impatient just looking forward to EGs hard work.

And giving them our money :)

... and that.

• edited June 2020

@ElliottGarage said:
    @robosardine & @RockySmalls effects are individual for each slice...also you can use multi-output and insert any third party effect you like

well, that will be nice :) .. bonus is saving a preset with lots of jiggery pokery set up with the fx ..
    at moment I’m keeping an eye open for this and the Cubasis3 update..

• @mistercharlie said:
    @ElliottGarage any chance of just posting the pictures, instead of using Instagram embeds? I have FaceBook blocked on all my devices, and I’d like to follow along.

@mistercharlie does this help? Please keep on blocking Facebook

• I was getting ready to go back to desktop (Logic Pro update) but then came @ElliottGarage with this and I’m hesitating.

• @despego said:

@mistercharlie said:
    @ElliottGarage any chance of just posting the pictures, instead of using Instagram embeds? I have FaceBook blocked on all my devices, and I’d like to follow along.

@mistercharlie does this help? Please keep on blocking Facebook

😍

• @BITCRUSHER said:
    Slicelab...Slice-atronic...Eg’S.LAB...EG Ginsu...EG Splice...EG Segments...EG Sections...EG Simplesample...EG Blade...EG Razer...EG Scalpel...The Cuttingboard...

Or simply sEGments

• What app are you folks planning to sequence and control this with?

• edited June 2020

This is going to be remarkable.
    Quick question. Can you trim and edit a waveform in EG Sampler?
    (Apologies if this has been asked/answered.)

• I have the trim feature already done but I’m not sure I will include it. I’m trying to not transform the app in another app that does 1000 things, all not so well. The app has a specific workflow that beta testers reported work really smoothly, and it’s full of tool to edit a sample out there. I think iOS environment should pass over the standalone app doing all alone scenario

• @Jeezs said:

@BITCRUSHER said:
    Slicelab...Slice-atronic...Eg’S.LAB...EG Ginsu...EG Splice...EG Segments...EG Sections...EG Simplesample...EG Blade...EG Razer...EG Scalpel...The Cuttingboard...

Or simply sEGments

Best name I have heard so far !

• I agree on keeping an auv3 focused, but trim and normalize would be very useful in this.

• @ElliottGarage said:
    I have the trim feature already done but I’m not sure I will include it. I’m trying to not transform the app in another app that does 1000 things, all not so well. The app has a specific workflow that beta testers reported work really smoothly, and it’s full of tool to edit a sample out there. I think iOS environment should pass over the standalone app doing all alone scenario

I agree, and from what I’ve seen it does what it does perfectly.

Waiting to give you my money.

• @ElliottGarage said:
    I have the trim feature already done but I’m not sure I will include it. I’m trying to not transform the app in another app that does 1000 things, all not so well. The app has a specific workflow that beta testers reported work really smoothly, and it’s full of tool to edit a sample out there. I think iOS environment should pass over the standalone app doing all alone scenario

I think the trim is very useful if you are going to put it in the effects slot to record samples in..
    but if it’s not there on first release and takes some more weeks to get it stable no probs..
    more essential than normalize for sure...

• How well does it play with eg pulse?

• @ElliottGarage said:

Just make 1000 things do well :) Take all the time you need.

• I'm not sure anyone cares about my "trim vote" so I'll abstain.

I will buy this app the second it comes out and then promptly hold off my visits to the forum for awhile. I am finding the more I visit, the more I buy. No discipline so I need to take extreme measures. Woo boy the hits keep coming here!!

• edited June 2020

I'll buy it regardless, but I have many samples that may or may not be the correct length, or it's a piece of dialogue and I want to lose a phrase but preserve the beginning and end. Not asking for high-level manipulation à la Auditor, just the ability to crop something or remove a piece from the middle of a waveform.

Obviously, I can do this quite simply in AudioShare or (less simply) in Auditor. But — you know: workflow.

• @ElliottGarage said:
    I have the trim feature already done but I’m not sure I will include it...

Interesting.

King

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited June 2020

@d4d0ug said:

@ElliottGarage said:

I tend to agree. The more features added to any piece of software the more support overhead, the later the release, and crucially the slower the feedback from the market. I might be wrong in this case - but there’s plenty of apps out there that can be used to trim a sample.

I’m not just saying this because I’m super keen to play with this. Honest!

Precision...Reading of the use for this feature, it seems essential.. no need to send to another app just to trim a sample... it should be done in-app...

• @kinkujin said:
    I'm not sure anyone cares about my "trim vote" so I'll abstain.

I will buy this app the second it comes out and then promptly hold off my visits to the forum for awhile. I am finding the more I visit, the more I buy. No discipline so I need to take extreme measures. Woo boy the hits keep coming here!!

Soooooo truuuuuueeeee lol

• edited June 2020

@RajahP said:

@d4d0ug said:

@ElliottGarage said:

I tend to agree. The more features added to any piece of software the more support overhead, the later the release, and crucially the slower the feedback from the market. I might be wrong in this case - but there’s plenty of apps out there that can be used to trim a sample.

I’m not just saying this because I’m super keen to play with this. Honest!

Precision...Reading of the use for this feature, it seems essential.. no need to send to another app just to trim a sample... it should be done in-app...

It seems obvious, but I'm not the one who has to imagine WHERE these samples are stored and how they are recalled. I have absolutely no idea what can of worms this feature would create. I defer to @ElliottGarage's good sense.

(But the sample editing of iMPC Pro 2 is pretty great.)

• EG G-Omelete
    EG G-Benedict
    ;)

I do really like EG Chop Shop.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

(But the sample editing of iMPC Pro 2 is pretty great.)

Still crashes way too often to be really usable though...
    I mean it can still 'flip out' when preview a slice ffs and trying to rename a file and save it in another 'folder' and boyaaa bail to home screen not to mention the random note drop-outs when sequencing stuff, sometimes they play sometimes they don't...

But hey, I guess most love to use the AudioCopy & Factory content and sound like everyone else :)