Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New app spoiler alert from Elliott Garage

Comments

• edited June 2020

EG threads

or

Yarn

• @gregsmith said:
    Does this have an eta?

yes.

• what about

'leaves' or ' branch'

I've always loved those words

• @kobamoto said:
    what about

'leaves' or ' branch'

I've always loved those words

Leaves of Grass. “Do anything, but let it produce joy.”

• Ace !!!!!!

• Great move to support slices from imported Apple loops.

• This is going to be huge...

• @Paulinko said:
    Great move to support slices from imported Apple loops.

[nods ruefully, realizing he’s going to spend the morning getting up to speed on apple loops instead of doing the actual work that he is paid for…]

• EG’z Bruce Lee

• EG FREE BEER!

• My first thought was that I don't really need another MPC-type sequencer, but after watching a Sound Test Room video I realized it's way more than that. Think I need to buy this...

• McDMcD
    edited June 2020

Apple Loops? Are those just the apple flavored Fruit Loops? Hey, Google...

The Apple Loops Utility software was a small companion utility for Soundtrack Pro, GarageBand, Logic Express, and Logic Pro, all made by Apple Inc. that allowed users to create loops of audio that could be time-stretched.

https://support.apple.com/guide/garageband-iphone/add-apple-loops-chsb34bb00c/ios

I just hope this doesn't lead me into GarageBand with no exit door or needing a credit card to get the good Loops.

Did you know that GarageBand was better at Loops than Logic Pro until recently? Me neither.

• @White said:

Honestly I feel 'quilty' for postponing the release as I suggested that feature some time ago...

• edited June 2020

@Samu and not just for that feature only... :D

• @ElliottGarage said:
    @Samu and not just for that feature only... :D

But I found a gotcha in that feature...
    ...if the whole sample is already used and there are empty pads left those can be used to 'split' existing slices (since a slice point is added at playhead) and that can cause a bit of a mayhem if one is not careful :)

• I would like to hear how the timestretch feature is working...

• @cuscolima that’s still a point I’m working on. For now it uses the same Pulse algorithm

• Looking good!

• The 'time stretching' in iMPC Pro 2 is quite 'REX Like' it creates a midi pattern with a markers for each slice in the sample and then plays back the midi file triggering the slice points.

When changing the pitch the sample is just played slower or faster but slice triggering stays on time, the opposite is also true when playing faster or slower, no alteration to pitch just play the midi-sequence faster or slower.
    (This is also similar to how time stretching was done in Trackers back in the old days but using sample offset on each row instead of a midi-file).

Each slice also uses a conditional 'ping pong loop' (if the slice is too short and speed is slow it ping pong loops) but it never loops the slice if it's already 'long enough' to cover the gap without looping.

Most time-stretch algorithms (even the Elastique Pro one) have a tendency to mess up the transients.

For me personally time-stretching is not an essential feature, then again I'm 'old school' when it comes to sampling and pitch up/down the sample to match the tempo...

• I thought time-stretching is using a technique that slices the sample in very short samples (almost granular) and then each slice is frequency-stretched. The speed differences is no more noticeable with such short slices.

• I will buy it for making SampleChains to feed my octatrack 🤘🔥

• @cuscolima said:
    I thought time-stretching is using a technique that slices the sample in very short samples (almost granular) and then each slice is frequency-stretched. The speed differences is no more noticeable with such short slices.

That method is used as well but it has a tendency to squash and mush up transients.
    So different methods for different source materials...

For me I prefer the 'sequence method'.

So in the case of EG Slicer (or what ever its name will be) I just split up the loop to 16 pads, make a sequence in the host and trigger them slices at 1/16th (If it's a 1 bar loop) and adjust the pitch to 'cover the gaps'. I don't use any loop for the slices.

• I foresee many vox slices in my future

• @Samu I’m curious to see you in action ...

• @ElliottGarage said:
    @Samu I’m curious to see you in action ...

I'm more of a 'tech-geek' (Ie. I love to dig deep into how stuff works) than a 'performer' ;)
    (So no 'performances' from me but I can always assist when users bump into issues).

• Thanks @Samu

I think I am confusing Time-Stretching (= change the speed without altering the pitch) with Pitch Shifting (= change the pitch without altering the speed)