Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ting - Percussion Instrument by Klevgränd produkter AB

Comments

• @ohwell said:

@klownshed said:

My kids love making kits in koala :-)

Well put!

Side note, we don’t have kids yet but down the road, getting them excited about group craft projects like making sample kits sounds like living the dream!!! :)

For some reason, when my kids do that, half of the sample slots end up with them just saying "sick butt".

• @CracklePot said:
    $5 (soon $8) saves you a lot of work and hassle.
    I am kind of surprised how small (mb) this 500 sample app is.

It probably uses audio samples in mp4/AAC format. It's very good even at bitrates below 200kbps. I'm currently switching from OGG to M4A (would love to use Opus but support is minimal)...

• I’ll get this Ting but not that other ting dat terrorized the forum for two years.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    It works well with Octachron straight off the bat with general midi preset.

I got Ting - and I got Octachron too. That was a nice little sequencer there! Thanks for the heads up.

• What are you guys sequencing this with that has 12 instrument slots? I have Rozeta and Octachron, but wondering if something out there might cover it all without having to open up a DAW. Maybe Atom will do it? Dunno, I don't have that.

• Isn’t this sort of a household item version of Fractal Bits? I like the idea but I’m far from convinced that I’d need it.

• @oat_phipps said:
    What are you guys sequencing this with that has 12 instrument slots? I have Rozeta and Octachron, but wondering if something out there might cover it all without having to open up a DAW. Maybe Atom will do it? Dunno, I don't have that.

Riffer could do.

• try stepbud, it’s fun for drums..

the issue with ting and sequencing with an audio unit is that most audio unit sequencers are set to a scale and all the notes that are triggerable in ting are not in the same scale, so you’ll need to either be able to customize the notes played in your sequencer or use multiple sequencers set to different scales in order to trigger all 8 notes

• That's why ionarics is quite a good choice. You choose which notes to feed it, as many as u like, then it just does some randomisation within those notes. That's fine for me, as long as you maybe use a regular drum machine for the kick.

• i also used stepolyarp this morning, works like a charm

• The AppStore description says something about pitch -12 semitones and +6 semitones.
    I havent heard anything about this... maybe this way the 500 samples come together?!

• @mlau said:
    i also used stepolyarp this morning, works like a charm

Nice idea / but I noticed that StepPolyArp has “just” 11 lines - meaning that I will loose one Instrument inside Ting - have you found any workaround for this?

• @Bill_Brasky said:
    Isn’t this sort of a household item version of Fractal Bits? I like the idea but I’m far from convinced that I’d need it.

My favorite part of Fractal Bits is the randomizer. Doesn't appear that this one has it?

• @Bon_Tempi yeap, in Xequence2

• i went with Atom since it's AU and it does the trick nicely

• For those going ham with sequencers, make sure to work the velocity. That’s where the magic is with this one...

• I find Riffer the ideal compagnion for this Ting: Riffer defaults to one chromatic octave (c3 - c4) with 1/16 quantization: thus plays all tingies out of the box! Riffer also randomizes velocity and with a little shuffle you can get very nice householdgrooves!

• @Harro said:
    I find Riffer the ideal compagnion for this Ting: Riffer defaults to one chromatic octave (c3 - c4) with 1/16 quantization: thus plays all tingies out of the box! Riffer also randomizes velocity and with a little shuffle you can get very nice householdgrooves!

👍

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@Bill_Brasky said:
    Isn’t this sort of a household item version of Fractal Bits? I like the idea but I’m far from convinced that I’d need it.

My favorite part of Fractal Bits is the randomizer. Doesn't appear that this one has it?

Don’t know haven’t purchased Ting.

• edited April 2020

@Harro except riffer is mono.... in Xequence2 you can play many sounds at the same time. and quanti is 1/64

• I’ma take a pass on this. Drambo will eat this thing up. It’s a found sound library. There’s nothing wrong with buying it, I just do my own sampling around the house, yard, park, with a bag of exciters! Wait till you find a propane yard tank! Woo the fun to be had out in the world sampling! A long walk socially distanced, man vs objects with a field recorder! Go for it, I tell you!

• Also koala is great for found sounds!

• Just me messing around to show StepBud can sequence this ting

• Nice to see how this came together!

• with stepbud i was able to get a really good jam going, you can take scene snapshots and arrange them like a song mode, and i think each can be 64 bars

• Brings new meaning to the phrase ‘house music’ at least.

• Seems like this eats a lot of CPU even when it’s idle. Didn’t expect that for an app like this. iPad 9.7.

Sounds are nice though.

• I already have Fractal Bits, MV08, Ruismaker and Vatanator. Am I missing something?

• Version 1.0.1 is out:
    Now supports automation for all continuous parameters.