Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ting - Percussion Instrument by Klevgränd produkter AB

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1504827763

Description:

Ting provides 12 different percussive sounds originating from t(h)ings that can be found in most of ordinary households. Each sound is carefully multi-sampled and processed with the common goal to be musically playable. Ting is intended to be a creative tool and a substitute for ordinary drum and percussion instruments. Altogether ~500 individual samples are used to make this instrument.

In addition to the sounds, there is an EQ, a room simulator, a reverb and a compressor.

Tweaking parameters for each sound:

• Pan
  • Gain Level
  • Dynamics
  • Room amount
  • Reverb amount
  • Pitch (-12 semitones to +6 semitones)

Global parameters:

• EQ - Treble, Midi and Bass gain levels
  • 5 different rooms and 6 different reverbs
  • Reverb decay time and a global reverb level
  • Compression amount
  • Output Level

Sounds available:

CAR KEYS - A subtle hit, works great as a hihat substitute
SILVERWARE - Fork and Knife
BIG BOX - A large wooden box with some junk inside slapped with the fist
FLOOR STOMP - Stomping the floor makes a great bass drum!
HAND CLAP - Natural hand clap
POT - A clay pot tapped with a finger
PAPER SCRATCH - Two papers rubbed against each other. Works as a shaker!
TOY DRUM - A kid's drum hit with a plastic stick
SOFA SLAP - Hand palm on the office sofa
STICK ON EDGE - Wooden stick on a table edge
SNUSDOSA - A small round box with screws inside tapped
FINGER SNAP - Natural finger snap

Rooms available:

HOME OFFICE - A quite soft room with balanced reflections.
KITCHEN - Short decay time with bright tail.
LIVING ROOM - More tail, but not too bright.
HALLWAY - Damped room with lots of low end.
CLOSET - Clean response with a very short tail.

Reverbs available:

NATURAL - Sweet sounding classic reverb.
NORTH LAKE - Less high end but more natural.
MOONLIT - A bright smaller space.
GLACIER - Bright and large.
WOODEN - Slightly damped, but organic.
DYNAMITE - Large and lots of low end.

Full documentation available inside the app or at https://klevgrand.se/downloads/ting-docs/

NOTE! Ting is an AUv3 plugin that only works in an AUv3 compliant host like Garageband, AUM, Cubasis, Beatmaker 3, Auria etc.

Comments

• And another one😂😂😂fortunately I’ve ordered 1tb IPad for the quarantine😱

• @echoopera bet this one pairs well with Drambo’s sequencer.

• All the parameters show in AUM so CC control possible.

• It works well with Octachron straight off the bat with general midi preset.

• Had a quick play myself!

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Had a quick play myself!

Thanks for the video. Lovely sound.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    @echoopera bet this one pairs well with Drambo’s sequencer.

Or even better:
    Sample your own kitchen tools with Drambo, all from inside the app! 😃

• While I was writing my review, this thread come out, so apologies for the cross post. Anyhoo...

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/ting-percussion-instrument/id1504827763

It was like they read my mind. I was just finishing up a new piece, and thought: ‘what I want is something with the grit of Fractal Beat but more ordered and cohesive’ and - bing, or rather, Ting. Fruits of the lock in I suspect as it is basically a playable AU sound pack of household sounds - keys, claps, a box being slapped - with room ambience (hallway, closet, kitchen!) and each ‘instrument’ tweakable for pitch, pan, reverb, dynamics etc, hard-mapped to MIDI notes. Nothing you can’t do yourself with patience and a good Mike, but for an ‘off the shelf’ rhythm source outside of the usual, it’s great. I’m a little disappointed that you can’t apparently pick your own MIDI note assignments, and automation is limited to the overarching reverb and tone controls. I would really have liked to throw a MIDIlfo at the pans and pitches of each instrument as the pattern runs, but still. Fun for now, and perhaps the dev will smile upon us and throw open the automation door a bit wider in future. It’s 33% off for now, at £4.99 till May 1st

• @Svetlovska

Good review.
    I've got a couple more apps to add to my collection
    and this one is now on my list from reading your review.
    Thanks.

@rs2000
    "Dramboooooooooooooooo"

Squirrel.

Know where's the mics...

• At first I thought you can tune the instruments?! But I think the notes below the noises are always the same?!?
    Or can you tune them to a degree (let’s say 3 half steps up and down or so)

• Hope this gets multi out support

• iPad only again. I probably end up buying it before may haha 😂 but universal could have been an argument

• @rs2000 said:

@Jumpercollins said:

Or even better:

That's the way I see it as well...
    Just need a quiet condenser and some imagination :)
    (I recall an old article from Future Music where they actually encouraged users to make their own samples from household stuff, like water drops etc. they called it 'kitchen percussion', smack some veggies etc. etc. etc.).

• @Jumpercollins said:
    It works well with Octachron straight off the bat with general midi preset.

@Jumpercollins said:
    Had a quick play myself!

great demo man

• Sure you could do this yourself, but it is quite a timesaver to have it all here in one app. I decided to buy this immediately after watching the official vid, sounds really great.

• granted i already have samples very similar to everything this offers, out of pure laziness and immediacy this instrument is attractive for a few bucks. especially being auv3 so you can put effects on each sound

• I dunno. Seems a bit gimmicky. I think I’d get bored of the samey sound after a while.

If found sounds are your thing and you don’t have a microphone or can’t be bothered, https://freesound.org/search/?q=Kitchen+utensils+&f=&s=score+desc&advanced=0&g=1 has tons and tons that you can then process, mangle and so on.

• the youtube video says “12 sounds over 500 samples” ... so is it 12 sounds or 500?

• It is just 12. And yes, Klevgrand, if you are reading this, please expose more AU parameters for each of these 12!

• @reasOne said:
    the youtube video says “12 sounds over 500 samples” ... so is it 12 sounds or 500?

Could be round robin or actually recorded in the different environments or something like that...
    Or ~500 samples recorded during development and and only 12 'made it' :D

• edited April 2020

@david_2017 said:
    At first I thought you can tune the instruments?! But I think the notes below the noises are always the same?!?
    Or can you tune them to a degree (let’s say 3 half steps up and down or so)

You can tune them by tapping the instrument which opens a window allowing you to scale it up and down by a couple of octaves, indivdually set reverb level and pan, so that's good. The unfortunate thing is that these parameters are not exposed, and the MIDI note value for the instrument is fixed, so you can only manually adjust these things and leave them fixed in each instance. It would be a lot more useful if you could automate them, or choose your own MIDI note triggers for them. I will email the dev to request this. Maybe we'll get lucky.

• @reasOne said:
    the youtube video says “12 sounds over 500 samples” ... so is it 12 sounds or 500?

That should be velocity layers mainly, and round robins, Samu already said that. In the demos, you can hear the different velocity samples.

• edited April 2020

@Samu said:

@rs2000 said:

@Jumpercollins said:

Or even better:

That's the way I see it as well...
    Just need a quiet condenser and some imagination :)
    (I recall an old article from Future Music where they actually encouraged users to make their own samples from household stuff, like water drops etc. they called it 'kitchen percussion', smack some veggies etc. etc. etc.).

I was afraid someone would say that.

Still, if you want it ready to play...

Here it is!

If everyone was a carpenter, tables wouldn’t sell.

• edited April 2020

Pretty cool idea. How about one with recordings of medical equipment and procedures (eg Rhinoplasty) and we can make an album from 2001.

• @Sequencer1 oh ! i remember that one 👌

• Yeah, that matmos album was cool.

I can sample my keys easier than I can build a table, @supadom. 😉

• Do my keys make a different sound than yours? If not, then GO for this app.

• Ting is the swedish word for objekt or thing. I find it a bit funny that klevgränd usually use swedish name that makes no sense to people.