Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• People might wanna get this quick and back it up to iTunes

• hmmm.... input or output?

• This is not just any music player. You can actually sample from Spotify. Let me repeat: You can sample from Spotify via Audiobus.

• Yeah baby! I'm glad when developers listen to me :D
    Like @Hmtx said. BACK IT UP :))

Btw: There's Wifi2Hifi if you want to wirelessly stream your Mac into Audiobus ;)

• Thanks for this Alex!

• this is what i've been waiting for! been using wifi2hifi but its kinda laggy - downloaded and it goes to Zzzzz sleep whenever i open an output :/ anyone else getting this problem? is it just my crappy ipad2?

• I've already emailed them telling them that you guys probably don't like the ZZZ and would like play/stop & rewind buttons. Maybe leaving a friendly review, encouraging them to do this might speed up things a little :)

• So bought this on a whim since I have an addiction with apps:-).
    2 things got it working great on my air on the bus with an effect and it sounds great. Was playing or sampling from spotify.

Pardon my ignorance but why the comment about quickly backing this up to iTunes. Is it doing something wrong.

• edited March 2014

Apparently Spotify requires "premium" account to be used in this app. Description states "with account" (which I have a free account) but when logging in it states that a premium account is required.

• I get why iVS3 and Nave aren't universal apps but a music player? I don't really sample music and I don't need a music player on my iPad. But this would be so great to have on my phone!

• Whoa.... score! I'm in :)

• Hi , when I try to add as input amplifind to audiobus I receive an error message on the icon and the connection is not working. I' m using iPad Air with iOS 8 . Can you help me?

• I saw this just received an update. Anyone still use this? The sampling from Spotify was why I was interested in Hook (Retronyms) -- until it turned out to be a random 30-second snippet. This would be a great addition: sampling from Audiobus! (Disclaimer: I'm a musician and I don't rip off other's art. I also think sound collage is the purest expression of our sonic moment. Quandary, right?)
    http://audiob.us/get/613/Amplifind-Music-Player-and-Visualizer

• edited December 2016

@ExAsperis99 said:
    I saw this just received an update. Anyone still use this? The sampling from Spotify was why I was interested in Hook (Retronyms) -- until it turned out to be a random 30-second snippet. This would be a great addition: sampling from Audiobus! (Disclaimer: I'm a musician and I don't rip off other's art. I also think sound collage is the purest expression of our sonic moment. Quandary, right?)
    http://audiob.us/get/613/Amplifind-Music-Player-and-Visualizer

There's another thread that discuss Amplifind just now...

But, I have tested the new version and the ability to rip from Spotify thru Audiobus into Auria Pro is still there, and, more stable since this last update...

There's no limit in minutes and second how long rip you can make in Amplifind/Spotify... Only the amount of RAM in your iPad is the limit...

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/14498/how-to-record-youtube-audio-on-ios-device#latest

• Sadly, this does not appear to work with NAS drives.

• Somehow it cannot load in audiobus...

• When will they add support for Google Play Music ??? LOL... I feel so left alone ;-)

• edited December 2016

@Jakersjaw said:
    Somehow it cannot load in audiobus...

I use the latest Amplifind thru Audiobus on both iPad Pro 12.9 and Air2... iOS 10.1.1...

• @ErrkaPetti said:

@Jakersjaw said:
    Somehow it cannot load in audiobus...

I use the latest Amplifind thru Audiobus on both iPad Pro 12.9 and Air2... iOS 10.1.1...

Rebooted and now it works fine ;)

• Looks like it requires Spotify premium, and no, it doesn't record YouTube or process it thru Audiobus or IAA.

However, I've discovered that this is a great way to add iOS music library or playlist as a sound source in your Audiobus or IAA FX chain. Nice!

• With an ios device that isn't jailbroken is there a way to back up and reinstall an ipa without itunes? I-funbox maybe? I don't have the space on computer to do a full backup with itunes (use icloud) and I can see this not lasting long.

• You guys have experience with apps being shut down? Seems to me that Apple approved it, and if the app does what it was designed to do, wouldn't Apple be on the hook for refunds?

• edited December 2016

@bounce said:
    With an ios device that isn't jailbroken is there a way to back up and reinstall an ipa without itunes? I-funbox maybe? I don't have the space on computer to do a full backup with itunes (use icloud) and I can see this not lasting long.

This is something I have been looking for... For ages!

What program to Mac is capable of this with iOS-devices with version 10.1.1?

There's many out there, but, what to choose?

I have an musicapp (Grüvtron) that I wish I could move from my Air2 to my iPad Pro 12.9"...

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    You guys have experience with apps being shut down? Seems to me that Apple approved it, and if the app does what it was designed to do, wouldn't Apple be on the hook for refunds?

Not completely shut down with an audio app, but experience with App store forcing them to take elements out (audioshare). I believe there have also been countless apps with hidden torrent abilities that were shut down.