Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How to record YOUTUBE audio on IOS device?

Is a function or tool built in?
Or is there an app?
Or is it not possible?

Thanks

Comments

• vid2mp3.com is fair quality.
    You simply paste in the url from youtube

• edited July 2016

I can with the app "anytune", but they removed the ability to download audio from Internet videos. So unless ur on the old version you can't.

I can also record in real time with my iconnectaudio4+

• edited July 2016

Go native with workflow.is - does so much more too...

https://www.reddit.com/r/workflow/comments/2p0vga/workflow_download_youtube_videos/

• edited July 2016

I do it with BeatTime, works good...
    Lately there seems to be a lot of "private videos" or blocked ones, don't know if it is coincidence or what?

• Workflow example isn't valid in my opinion. What worked a few months ago no longer works. YouTube seems to have caught on to whatever they were doing and blocked it.

• Same for BeatTime. I don't believe it works with the latest updated version any longer either. There is an answer out there though. These two are no longer it.

• In most cases it is either illegal (CR infringement) or at least against the YT TOS unless there is a specific download button. YTs TOS is pretty clear about that.

See section 5 here:

https://www.youtube.com/static?template=terms

• B T ! still works for this purpose. I just checked.
    You guys had me scared there for a moment...

• @JeffChasteen said:
    B T ! still works for this purpose. I just checked.

Yeah same here

• BT latest works for me too. I was nervous about updating, so I just did so on one device. I'm just doing backing tracks, so those might not be locked down to the degree others are.

• I couldn't get BT to work for the three videos I just tried. Glad to hear others are still having success. There is another way, but I'll leave that out of the forum. Feel free to pm me and I'll share, but be warned, it is a far more cumbersome process than these native app solutions. Can all be done on an iPad still though.

I still remember the old napster argument. "If you can hear it, you can record it". Didn't help them much, but still true.

• I paid the money and got line in mobile 6. Plug and play and never have to worry about apps. And its great also because I can hook any audio jack into it and record audio as is.

• @boone51 said:
    Workflow example isn't valid in my opinion. What worked a few months ago no longer works. YouTube seems to have caught on to whatever they were doing and blocked it.

May have been a diff workflow but I was doing it last week without issues.

• edited July 2016

Are there any good demo videos for Beat Time? All I can find is the one with blokie from Dream Theatre, which doesn't even show the app!

Also, can Beat Time detect chords? Individual notes?

• @MusicInclusive said:
    In most cases it is either illegal (CR infringement) or at least against the YT TOS unless there is a specific download button. YTs TOS is pretty clear about that.

See section 5 here:

Take us in, Johnny Law. I'll give my life and my freedom to sample the goat with the human scream.

• Sampling copywrite rules aply to anything no matter where you get it from I assumed. Radio tv VHS tape mp3 youtube all the same in the eyes of the courts

• @stormywaterz said:
    I paid the money and got line in mobile 6. Plug and play and never have to worry about apps. And its great also because I can hook any audio jack into it and record audio as is.

My method when needed is quite similar but I use the AppleTV to play the content and have line-out from my TV jacked in to the Line6 MobileIn. (It's also nice way to 'sample/record' public debates, news etc. from the TV).

Didn't even think about 'loop-back recording' which works like a charm since the Line6 MobileIn is an input-only device :D (Sure I'd prefer to keep it 100% in the digital domain). Too bad It's not possible to have the iPad/iPhone speaker active when something is connected to the headphone jack...

• @Samu said:

@stormywaterz said:
    I paid the money and got line in mobile 6. Plug and play and never have to worry about apps. And its great also because I can hook any audio jack into it and record audio as is.

My method when needed is quite similar but I use the AppleTV to play the content and have line-out from my TV jacked in to the Line6 MobileIn. (It's also nice way to 'sample/record' public debates, news etc. from the TV).

Didn't even think about 'loop-back recording' which works like a charm since the Line6 MobileIn is an input-only device :D (Sure I'd prefer to keep it 100% in the digital domain). Too bad It's not possible to have the iPad/iPhone speaker active when something is connected to the headphone jack...

You dont get a hum?

• @CalCutta said:

@JeffChasteen said:
    B T ! still works for this purpose. I just checked.

Yeah same here
    @rhcball said:

@MusicInclusive said:
    In most cases it is either illegal (CR infringement) or at least against the YT TOS unless there is a specific download button. YTs TOS is pretty clear about that.

See section 5 here:

Take us in, Johnny Law. I'll give my life and my freedom to sample the goat with the human scream.

Laws.

Rules.

Lawyers.

Fuck me. I guess that is the difference of trouble makers like me who came up in the early punk and rap era.

I am still mad about the PMRC...................................LOL

• @Shazamm said:

You dont get a hum?

Nope! The signal is pretty darn clean at least when sampling/recording the TV as the transmissions are 100% digital. The AppleTV is connected to the TV via HDMI and the TV has pretty good and clean line-out and if my audio-interface had optical-in i would use the optical-out from the TV instead...(Unfortunately most Audio-Interfaces that have Optical In are too power-hungry to use with iOS without a powered usb-hub).

The LoopBack recording depends on the volume setting but so far it's been clean and 'hum-less'.

Guess I'm lucky...

• @Samu said:

@Shazamm said:

You dont get a hum?

Nope! The signal is pretty darn clean at least when sampling/recording the TV as the transmissions are 100% digital. The AppleTV is connected to the TV via HDMI and the TV has pretty good and clean line-out and if my audio-interface had optical-in i would use the optical-out from the TV instead...(Unfortunately most Audio-Interfaces that have Optical In are too power-hungry to use with iOS without a powered usb-hub).

The LoopBack recording depends on the volume setting but so far it's been clean and 'hum-less'.

Guess I'm lucky...

Nice

• I find it a lt easier to use a phone- cue up and play live the audio part of a youtube video I want to use- and then record it
    with an ipad or whatever - than to download a whole video and open it in an editor to find and cut the part I want-

• @Shazamm said:

@Samu said:

@stormywaterz said:

You dont get a hum?

I have a dual audio jack hooked up. One is routed to a speaker and other to line in. Whatever comes out iPad is what I get and no hum at all. I got a video I'll try to upload. I have lightning cable so you need a 30 pin adapter to lightning.

• edited July 2016

@RustiK said:

Laws.

Rules.

Lawyers.

Fuck me. I guess that is the difference of trouble makers like me who came up in the early punk and rap era.

I am still mad about the PMRC...................................LOL

That makes two of us...the shit those 2 senator's cunts started is unbelievable....

Let's not forget that it's not a court of "justice", it's court of Law....therefore corn is never found innocent in the court of chickens ;)

• I may seem a bit paranoid but I would advice (and prefer) if people could avoid talking about apps who provide this capability on forums... This functionnality is not allowed by Apple and last time they heard about an app providing it (it was anytune) they forced the devs to remove it... So please, keep quiet for the good of us all ipad musicians...

• @Samu said:

@stormywaterz said:

Is'nt it just to connect an iPad and iphone (or another iPad) thru an four-pin 3,5 mm teleplug, start Audioshare and record the stream from the other iOS device...?

That way I sampled the strings in Garageband to use in Bilbao and Abu Dabhi (Korg Gadget)...

• edited July 2016

Question: (for those of you who consider making money from your music, the same way that a baker bakes bread and expects to sell it at a profit to feed him/herself and a family, or an app developer sells an app in the app store that you use for making your music, or those of you (any here?) who use Audiobus and think that @Sebastian and co. do a fine job and should get paid :+1: - and for any such who consider taking issue with the concept of theft of someone else's work, esp. if you consider dealing lightly with the idea that it is somehow inappropriate to mention copyright infringement...), if someone downloads, samples and copies your music, uses it and makes a great deal of money from it, whereas yours perhaps hasn't sold the same, do you consider the copyright claims of the law unfair / irrelevant / something to be treated lightly at that point?

Do you say, "Oh well, he/she copied it. Kudos. Great job. No problem that it was my work. Go ahead, make money. I'll sit and starve over here like a good little starving artist trying to make money off my work :smiley: ". ?

I'm sure the app developers here would not be happy if people stole their apps. (Apple, to their credit, works hard to protect against it with the app store, for all its faults). They expect to be paid for their work. Music is no different (Oh, sure, there's labels and licensing schemes and streaming and downloads and and and - I know - the whole kaboodle is a mess, but there is payment, and there are means of supposedly fairly distributing that payment to songwriters and artists).

While the whole system is flawed and unequally applied, it nonetheless exists to protect the rights of the songwriter / artist. (Yes it gets abused by artists, songwriters and perhaps notably labels, sure, but it does exist to protect and provide fair recompense for work).

Copyright infringement is theft. The law exists to protect the rights of people - including you! :smiley: - and make sure those rights are not being infringed and provide appropriate recompense if they are (damages). Don't think music for a moment. Is it OK for someone to steal something else of yours, equally valuable in terms of what it might have cost (compared with profit gained from its use), like your car, your house? :smile: OK. So, perhaps some of you don't make thousands or hundreds of thousands. How about your iPad - that you use for making music on to sell? :wink:

Now in Germany of course, what constitutes copyright infringement has recently be redefined (possibly inadvertently) to be different to the rest of the world, but that's another story. It isn't true elsewhere. :smile:

And, there are differences of course if one is not doing something commercial with the end result. Like sing a cover song at a birthday party. Not an issue. Sure. But singing the same one at a wedding where you are being paid to perform is a different kettle of fish. So, the rules that do exist exist for a reason. E.g. how much of a publication you can copy for private study. If everyone were allowed to copy the whole book, authors would not make money from writing books. etc. etc.

I mentioned what I did above for everyone's protection. I do not want to see anyone here get sued by someone for CR infringement. :+1:

$0.02 (and a 1/2 :wink: )

• @MusicInclusive said:
    Question: (for those of you who consider making money from your music, the same way that a baker bakes bread and expects to sell it at a profit to feed him/herself and a family, or an app developer sells an app in the app store that you use for making your music, or those of you (any here?) who use Audiobus and think that @Sebastian and co. do a fine job and should get paid :+1: - and for any such who consider taking issue with the concept of theft of someone else's work, esp. if you consider dealing lightly with the idea that it is somehow inappropriate to mention copyright infringement...), if someone downloads, samples and copies your music, uses it and makes a great deal of money from it, whereas yours perhaps hasn't sold the same, do you consider the copyright claims of the law unfair / irrelevant / something to be treated lightly at that point?

Do you say, "Oh well, he/she copied it. Kudos. Great job. No problem that it was my work. Go ahead, make money. I'll sit and starve over here like a good little starving artist trying to make money off my work :smiley: ". ?

I'm sure the app developers here would not be happy if people stole their apps. (Apple, to their credit, works hard to protect against it with the app store, for all its faults). They expect to be paid for their work. Music is no different (Oh, sure, there's labels and licensing schemes and streaming and downloads and and and - I know - the whole kaboodle is a mess, but there is payment, and there are means of supposedly fairly distributing that payment to songwriters and artists).

While the whole system is flawed and unequally applied, it nonetheless exists to protect the rights of the songwriter / artist. (Yes it gets abused by artists, songwriters and perhaps notably labels, sure, but it does exist to protect and provide fair recompense for work).

Copyright infringement is theft. The law exists to protect the rights of people - including you! :smiley: - and make sure those rights are not being infringed and provide appropriate recompense if they are (damages). Don't think music for a moment. Is it OK for someone to steal something else of yours, equally valuable in terms of what it might have cost (compared with profit gained from its use), like your car, your house? :smile: OK. So, perhaps some of you don't make thousands or hundreds of thousands. How about your iPad - that you use for making music on to sell? :wink:

Now in Germany of course, what constitutes copyright infringement has recently be redefined (possibly inadvertently) to be different to the rest of the world, but that's another story. It isn't true elsewhere. :smile:

And, there are differences of course if one is not doing something commercial with the end result. Like sing a cover song at a birthday party. Not an issue. Sure. But singing the same one at a wedding where you are being paid to perform is a different kettle of fish. So, the rules that do exist exist for a reason. E.g. how much of a publication you can copy for private study. If everyone were allowed to copy the whole book, authors would not make money from writing books. etc. etc.

I mentioned what I did above for everyone's protection. I do not want to see anyone here get sued by someone for CR infringement. :+1:

$0.02 (and a 1/2 :wink: )

as a kopimist- it is my religious duty to hound and harrow anyone who tries to make money from creating or editing or compiling information- which is free- those who do so because of traditional for-profit media industries are as immoral as someone partcipating in slavery- which was also once an accepted industry-

j/k

• http://www.youtube-mp3.org (or similar)

Save converted file to Dropbox

Import into whatever app that accepts Dropbox imports.

Thats how I'm currently doing it.

• Hmmm...

Earlier I record music from Youtube from the app Amplifind to Audioshare thru Audiobus (Amplifind input - Audioshare output)...
    That was an very good way to rip some loop to use into Korg Gadget (Bilbao and Abu Dahbi)...

But, today I discovered that than function is not supported into Amplifind anymore...?

I can rip music from Spotify still, but, Youtube is totally impossible to route into Audioshare... :-(

Is this someone else has any clue about? Why? Can't find any information about this anywhere...

Guys, any clues?