Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iVCS3 - EMS VCS3 Official Emulator - 06 march 2014

Comments

• So it's gonna be about £10 in the uk. My maths is shit, obviously.

• Any thoughts on it yet @livemike?

• @Sinapsya said:

I think 13,99€ but I'm not sure...

I can say One thing, and for me is The important One: it is modelled very close to The Original VCS3 (from Italian university laboratory), and it play The same, is a 2 years of works app for have The same behavior :-)

Hey Sinapsya, sei Italiano?

• @supadom Si sono di Roma

• Yeah it's awesome. W
    orth the wait. After 10 minutes?
    Still running smooth lol. Love the presets.

• I'm getting a blank screen in the UK App Store, must be a few more hours to go.

• @Yendor said:

I almost bought it but it has a lazy 3rd oscillator apparently.

• It just putney's along...

ducks tomato

• you'd have to be silly to expect a synth that old not to need a little work...

• edited March 2014

@eyeballjackson said:

you'd have to be silly to expect a synth that old not to need a little work...

Nah man, I'll be tweaking the presets but if it ain't user friendly I probably won't go much further. Saying that I'd expect there will be a reasonable range of presets as starting points.

• edited March 2014

The only app in his webpage without user guide. Maybe is not needed.
    Maybe Doug...

• edited March 2014

@Supadom@supadom said:

@eyeballjackson said:

you'd have to be silly to expect a synth that old not to need a little work...

Nah man, I'll be tweaking the presets but if it ain't user friendly I probably won't go much further. Saying that I'd expect there will be a reasonable range of presets as starting points.

Presets? I'm talking about the vintage VCS3, not the app. ;)
    A good tech can probably take care of that 3rd oscillator fairly easily.

• hehe pretty sure he was being facetious

• So was i! Doesn't the old box come with some presents? If not I'm sure one can find the ones Delia left behind :-)
    Anyhow once I've spent all this dosh on the synth instead of a deposit on a house there won't be much left over for the sparky.

• You can get a cheap generator, and go Busking on the corner, playing 2 hour versions of "On the Run"

• @fjcblanco User guide is inside the app....but is the same function of the Original ....you can look this: http://dl.lojinx.com/analoghell/EMSVCS3-UserManual.pdf

• edited March 2014

@supadom said:

So was i! Doesn't the old box come with some presents? If not I'm sure one can find the ones Delia left behind :-)

There are no presets on a VCS3... there were no presets on ANY synth at the time it was designed!
    You can find patches for it, but the actual synth doesn't store presets. Welocme to the world of vintage synths!

• @eyeballjackson said:

@supadom said:

So was i! Doesn't the old box come with some presents? If not I'm sure one can find the ones Delia left behind :-)

There are no presets on a VCS3... there were no presets on ANY synth at the time it was designed!
    You can find patches for it, but the actual synth doesn't store presets. Welocme to the world of vintage synths!

I see that with your understanding of my sense of humour we"re gonna get along splendidly (this sentence contains sarcasm) ;)

• edited March 2014

Thanks, @Sinapsya.

• @supadom - presents? Yes!, presets? no ;-) ;-)

• Hopefully there will be a sort of demo tutorial sometime thursday or friday, I'm thinking thursday though, it is very realistic and you do get a stack of presets that includes The Who one and the Floyd one. This thing makes you think outside the box and if you are familiar with pulseret or stryia or density you will find the file system easier to navigate, but its not hard work, in fact I found it really enjoyable to work with and the matrix patching is really easy to get to grips with, all in all its a phenomenal job, no wonder it took so long, but well worth the wait :-)

• @thesoundtestroom Thanks Man...
    is a pleasure to hear your words after so much work :-)

• @thesoundtestroom - Normally, knowing that you are making a demo vid for a new app, I would hold off on buying the app until I watched your video.

Not this one. I'm buying this as soon as it hits the App Store over here in the US.

That being said, anxiously awaiting your video as well. I expect it will be top notch, as are they all. Cheers.

• @Seangarland said:

@thesoundtestroom - Normally, knowing that you are making a demo vid for a new app, I would hold off on buying the app until I watched your video.

Not this one. I'm buying this as soon as it hits the App Store over here in the US.

That being said, anxiously awaiting your video as well. I expect it will be top notch, as are they all. Cheers.

If you are interested in synthersizers or synthesis of any kind. You should get this anyway, and the history of this instrument is so embedded in what we all do makes this a definate purchace anyway. Get this, take a interest and dig in, read the manual and any other material you can find and explore. I guarantee you will get such a buzz when you create your first patch.

• ...or a beep.

• It's out in UK :)

• Yep, UK £10.49 I'm off to explore sound.

• Quality :-)