Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Arturia iSpark is free at the moment.

Comments

• Mother I can feel, the soil falling over my head.

• @johnfromberkeley said:
    Round robin. Rare feature. Also in audiolayer

More rare features:
    6 velocity layers per pad, stacked vertically
    Great drag-and-drop song mode
    In-app sampling
    Slaves to MIDI clock very well
    Great choice of built-in effects, far beyond the "standard set"
    Each pad can have two different effects independently,
    that's 32 FX plus 2 return and 2 master FX

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Littlewoodg said:
    Aside from the tasty sounds, and very smart sequencer, this is one of those apps that exports “perfect” loops, useful for feeding JammPro, Rotor, Blocs Wave etc.

Just spent a satisfying hour fiddling with this and (of course) you're right about the perfect loops. However, can you (or any kind soul) point me to how one can copy/export entire songs (and it does have a BIG song section, I just can't see the obvious 'out' button....).

I’ve never done it but I will get after it and see what’s what

• It’s really good. The more I use it, the better it gets. What a gem.

• edited March 2020

I'm surprised that the Spark LE hardware controller still goes for around $120..150.

• @rs2000 said:
    I'm surprised that the Spark LE hardware controller still goes for around $120..150.

It works with spark on PC as well

• @rs2000 said:

I thought the same and also pairing this with old iPad mini 2 and the controller to get a nice electribe on stereoids...

• @robertreynolds said:
    Mother I can feel, the soil falling over my head.

☺ You can't beat the Smiths!

• ...and as I climb into an empty bed...

• @Littlewoodg said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Littlewoodg said:
    Aside from the tasty sounds, and very smart sequencer, this is one of those apps that exports “perfect” loops, useful for feeding JammPro, Rotor, Blocs Wave etc.

Just spent a satisfying hour fiddling with this and (of course) you're right about the perfect loops. However, can you (or any kind soul) point me to how one can copy/export entire songs (and it does have a BIG song section, I just can't see the obvious 'out' button....).

THERE MUST BE A WAY he says petulantly in the style of some late-stage-Mozza who's determined to get what he wants :) But seriously, the song framework is so extensive that you must be able to output it directly rather than recording it in dear old AB etc....

• Amazed and delighted—after a brief play yesterday evening—at how much of the functionality makes sense to me because of the similar features on my DrumBrute Impact.

• Spent a couple of hours with it and I must say it's really cool.
    Now, obviously, I'm looking at some in-app purchase. Any suggestion?

• Pretty cool actually! Wish it was a bit up to date but usable. Wish it had the synth engine of the VST, but not bad at all as is.

• edited March 2020

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Littlewoodg said:

THERE MUST BE A WAY he says petulantly in the style of some late-stage-Mozza who's determined to get what he wants :) But seriously, the song framework is so extensive that you must be able to output it directly rather than recording it in dear old AB etc....

The What’s What on song export is unfortunately a project export only, in an .ispk file format, which only another iSpark can open...my apologies effendi

An alternative to recording into something (you saw this coming) would be exporting each pattern/loop into MTS or another preferred DAW, to build with at will

• edited March 2020

@Littlewoodg said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Littlewoodg said:

The What’s What on song export is unfortunately a project export only, in an .ispk file format, which only another iSpark can open...

Then again, spark 2 (desktop) doesn’t seem to have an ‘Export Song’ feature either..

"Hi,
    Unfortunately, you can not export the whole song.
    You can export each pattern or each bank. But this is not from the Center Panel.
    Go in the "Library" panel, in "

https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=12468.0

• @RajahP said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Littlewoodg said:

The What’s What on song export is unfortunately a project export only, in an .ispk file format, which only another iSpark can open...

Then again, spark 2 (desktop) doesn’t seem to have an ‘Export Song’ feature either..

"Hi,
    Unfortunately, you can not export the whole song.
    You can export each pattern or each bank. But this is not from the Center Panel.
    Go in the "Library" panel, in "

https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=12468.0

Thank you both. So, either export by pattern or, if one's jamming with the X/Y, record audio directly via AB etc etc.

THIS is one obvious example of where an app that is receiving no current love is somewhat hampered, as there is no dev to beg for song-export indulgence. Odd, considering how extensive the song framework affords the user. BUT: It's still a ridiculously terrific app.... :)

• Lets hope Aturia give the app some needed love and update with modern look and features.

• @JanKun said:
    @robertreynolds @richardyot
    Oh well, enough said

I know it’s over, still I cling...

• @djjuniorpops said:
    Lets hope Aturia give the app some needed love and update with modern look and features.

They haven‘t touched iSpark „recently“. And they also made clear that they don‘t care too much for neither iSpark nor SparkLE which is a shame cause it would be close to a groovebox powerhouse.

• @dermichl said:

@djjuniorpops said:
    Lets hope Aturia give the app some needed love and update with modern look and features.

They haven‘t touched iSpark „recently“. And they also made clear that they don‘t care too much for neither iSpark nor SparkLE which is a shame cause it would be close to a groovebox powerhouse.

I'm still happy to be excited about the 90% it does really well, rather than be bummed about the 10% it doesn't...

• grabbed it while free. seems like a pretty cool thing, and that it does what it was designed to do pretty well. dunno if i’ll ever use it but seems to have a lot of features that make it highly usable for that kinda workflow

• Agreed on both counts. Glass half full Sh!t

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@dermichl said:

@djjuniorpops said:

I'm still happy to be excited about the 90% it does really well, rather than be bummed about the 10% it doesn't...

• Seems Arturia has a 50% sale going on.. iSpark expansions are $3.99 per pack.. Does this reflect the sale price?

Thanks

• Opened up iSpark to have a play.

I cannot connect to the Expansion store.

Anyone else having the same issue?

• @Gravitas said:
    Opened up iSpark to have a play.

Same situation here in France.

• @Gratouilli

Thanks for confirming.

• @Gravitas said:
    Opened up iSpark to have a play.

It happened a few months ago and came back in a few. Maybe they are upgrading, maintaining for a sale... But it did happen before.

• @RajahP

Good to know.

I'll check again in a months time or so.

• Reminded by this thread, I'm rediscovering iSpark. It really is an elegant and pretty powerful box.